It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions Gather in Syria to Express Condemnation of Arab League Decisions and Reject Interference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I'm not defending Assad. I just wanted to shed light on how many people in Syria actually support Assad. Seeing this reminds me of the millions of people in Libya who supported Gaddafi and were against the foreign intervention. I have a feeling that all this propaganda we're being fed isn't all true. I can't verify that all these pictures are real, but it seems legit to me.

Millions of Syrians flooded the squares of Syrian cities and towns on Monday, gathering in Damascus, Aleppo, Hasaka, Deri Ezzor, Raqqa, Sweida and Tartous to proclaim their rejection of the Arab League's conspiring decisions against Syria, pledging to protect Syria at any cost

Source

Sorry for the short thread but I have to run out now, I'm already running late. I hope you all enjoyed the pictures and that it will at least cause you to question what you're being told by the media.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
There seems to be huge popular support for assad in Syria. The protests we hear about in our media are probably western backed/funded agitators used to fuel the propaganda machine against the government of that country. I fear Syria has become nothing more than a pawn in the nefarious plan to topple Iran in the not too distant future. Good thread S&F

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
2 million support him and 20-30 million dont! Thats democracy!!!

Less than 10% of the electorate!!!

Another reason they wont hold legit elections!!!

He's a streak of turd of the first order!!!
edit on 29-11-2011 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

No offense but source for your claims please?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

No offense but source for your claims please?

My orignal pop number was a guess!!
For real
The population of Syria is 75% Sunni Muslim, with a 13% Shia Muslim population, 9% Christian and 3% Druze
Total pop = 22, 198, 110
Approx. 30-40% live in poverty!

Apparently 8 out of 10 dont want assad or the regime

security.blogs.cnn.com...

www.voanews.com...

Lots out there to guage the mood of the Syrians

Like I said he's a turd and the Syrians thing so too!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

I also think that a lot of the unrest is due to foreign intervention. The Libyan al Qaeda rebels have openly admitted to sending weapons and fighters to Syria. I have reason to believe that these weapons originated from Western powers.

Assad is a dictator but so are a lot of other world leaders as well. Another civil war equals humanitarian aid aka NATO bombs, or Turkish bombs. Gotta love liberation

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Atzil321

I also think that a lot of the unrest is due to foreign intervention. The Libyan al Qaeda rebels have openly admitted to sending weapons and fighters to Syria. I have reason to believe that these weapons originated from Western powers.

Assad is a dictator but so are a lot of other world leaders as well. Another civil war equals humanitarian aid aka NATO bombs, or Turkish bombs. Gotta love liberation

No he's a butcher turd dictator of the first order! and he needs wacking!!!!!

Monsters dont deserve air!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I'm not defending Assad. I just wanted to shed light on how many people in Syria actually support Assad. Seeing this reminds me of the millions of people in Libya who supported Gaddafi and were against the foreign intervention. I have a feeling that all this propaganda we're being fed isn't all true. I can't verify that all these pictures are real, but it seems legit to me.

Millions of Syrians flooded the squares of Syrian cities and towns on Monday, gathering in Damascus, Aleppo, Hasaka, Deri Ezzor, Raqqa, Sweida and Tartous to proclaim their rejection of the Arab League's conspiring decisions against Syria, pledging to protect Syria at any cost

Source

(...)

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures and that it will at least cause you to question what you're being told by the media.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

that's exactly what I would like you to invite to: question the media. "Millions", claimed on a website that belongs to whom and tries to serve the interests of whom?
Let's assume "Millions" actually means 2.000.000. That would mean that 1 in 10 of the total population did mobilize? Yeah! Right! Sure! More! Please!

(btw. my position: Syrian leaders are dictators. Nothing to add to that. Western leaders are imperialists who don't give # about human rights unless it can be used to cover true interests. Want an example? Research the Libya case. ATS has some nice stories that trow another light on what happened over there (and who benefits from it).

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

your sources seem more like propaganda pieces to me...

the supposed secret poll in your first one doesn't even state how many they supposedly polled...and...guess what...it was done in secret...oh and it's cnn...

I have my doubts that they're as unhappy as you say...

At least they remain optimistic about their futures...which goes to say they probably feel the same way as Americans do...they just want change for the better just like us...

last thing they need is bombs dropping and missiles flying all the while destroying their homes, country, and general welfare...because hey...that's what enforcing this democracy is right?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile

your sources seem more like propaganda pieces to me...

the supposed secret poll in your first one doesn't even state how many they supposedly polled...and...guess what...it was done in secret...oh and it's cnn...

I have my doubts that they're as unhappy as you say...

At least they remain optimistic about their futures...which goes to say they probably feel the same way as Americans do...they just want change for the better just like us...

last thing they need is bombs dropping and missiles flying all the while destroying their homes, country, and general welfare...because hey...that's what enforcing this democracy is right?

Ok mate. His people love him just like Gaddaffi! You are right!!

....................i and the world is blind NOT!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

this world seems to disagree with you...but I guess peace=bombs to somebody in your shoes...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile

this world seems to disagree with you...but I guess peace=bombs to somebody in your shoes...

how do you arrive a such an analogy? I am not for war but I am not for pacifism either! And I must enlighten you because I havent worn shoes for nearly 9 years!! My that will confuse you!

Oh and peace to me is nothing like your immagination could muster!!

I make friends not enemies and even friends with my enemies, that way I know who they are for sure!!!

Nor do I suffer niave fools gladly! Your perception and eyes me thinks decieve you!!

But on a friendly note enjoy the rest of the evening!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

No shoes eh? no feet or some other reason?
You can't say that and leave us hanging dude

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

No shoes eh? no feet or some other reason?
You can't say that and leave us hanging dude

You do me an injustice. No feet, Steven Hawkins has no frigging body......BUT!!

No I only wear open air to the feet sandles now and yes im 110% no crutch, no shackles atheist with a few dabs of empathy!! And theres more. However!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
When a leader starts murdering his own unarmed citizens whom were only pleading for succor, that leader has LOST all legitimacy to rule, and should be held accountable for his actions.

Emperor Assad had murdered thousands, and still counting.

Even though sheeps are killed daily, those alive bore no grudges towards their shepards.

But humans AINT sheeps, even if some wanna be and willing to forgo their links to humanity !!!!

new topics

top topics

join