It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate the truth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

WOW LITTLE!

What a fabulous post.

Go and fly high!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Because people have got themselves into this cosy dictatorial system without realising whats going on in the world. I see it every day at work. Anything that questions their kittle bit of cosyness they naturally try to defend. Unfortunately these people defending thier cosy lives havent got a damn clue whats going on.

They are sheeple who are happy just to be bent over and shafted.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

It gets in the way of their belief systems, pure and simple my man.

When you challenge your deepest beliefs then you must accept a metamorphosis, this for some is unacceptable, they're happy where they are.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
You cant handle the truth.

2nd

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Whenever you tell the truth, people take offence.

MAN !! That's seriously true!

If you tell the truth about bad things Israel is doing you are either anti-semetic or 'hater'.
If you tell the truth about bad things Palestinians are doing you are either anti-muslim or a 'hater'.
If you tell the truth about Obama you are either a racist or a 'hater'.
If you tell the truth about Newt you are either an anti-American or a 'hater'.
If you tell the truth about Islam you are either rude or a 'hater'.
If you tell the truth about Fundamentalist Christianity you are either evil or a 'hater'.
If you tell the truth about faux-man-made global warming you are either a 'denier' or a 'hater'.
Etc etc etc

The term 'hater' is soooo over used here.
I swear that those who toss it around haven't got a clue what it means.

The fact is the truth has to be told or else it's just perpetuating stupidity and errors.
The PC crowd who throw around the term 'hater' don't get that.
Polyannas who are happy with thoughts of unicorns jumping over rainbows I guess.

I think we have to seek our own truth.

Truth is truth. I don't think there is a 'own truth'. either it's true or it's not.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There are different perpectives. And then there is the 'one' truth.

Don't you just love 'honest' people who tell you their opinion? They say 'well, i was only being honest'. They don't know the truth and they are not telling the 'truth', it is only 'their' opinion.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
TRUTH is the Sum of All Truths. Lock, stock and barrel. How could it be otherwise, as everything emanates from the same Source? Truth? Is the glass half empty or half full? Furthermore, we would need to look more at the nature of things, rather than at the manifested things themselves. Everything starts with an Idea.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Why do people hate the truth?

Simply because none of us know exactly what the truth about anything truly is.

Religion? Science? Creation or the Big Bang? It's all based on interpretations of various bits and pieces of questionable information. What we call fact, is nothing more than opinion... which leads to the somewhat less confusing conclusion that faith without absolute proof has at least the virtue of an honest approach.

Beyond that, hate is the single most abused word in the English language. Most people will never know true hate, much less find a worthy definition of the darkest of emotions.

Truth is pie in the sky. Truth to one is not truth to all. That's just how it is so... to assume that we have some secret door to truth and that others don't is nothing more than human arrogance.

As a species, we are not nearly as smart as we like to think we are.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

If you have not found 'the secret door' yet please don't assume that the door isn't there. If others don't see your 'truth' does that make them arrogant?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by redoubt

If you have not found 'the secret door' yet please don't assume that the door isn't there. If others don't see your 'truth' does that make them arrogant?

I offered my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Problem?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
People like pretty lies a lot better than the ugly truth. It's called conditioning.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

No problem.
Just asking.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Okay, let's try it this way:

If a truth was staring you in the face, how would you identify it? How would you know that a truth was a truth?

Basically, we offer opinions of our interpretations. That's why we have so many conflicting (so-called) truths out there. We measure and weigh these things on an individual level and base our final beliefs on our personal appreciation of the material.

Any truth can be challenged. If truth was undeniable, this would be impossible.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Trying to identify 'the truth' can only identify you.
Try not identifying anything.

edit on 28-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

Trying to identify the truth can only identify you.

Exactly. By identifying something... anything as truth, you have defined a piece of yourself.

This universe is not anywhere close to being even fractionally understood. We're trying to outline the most basic parameters of who and what we are as a microcosm of the same.

But science and faith both do keep a very obese sum of self appreciation. That's the arrogance... to assume that you have all the answers when in truth, you actually have very few. It's all based on trust, or faith, in a given line of thought or system of belief.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
"There is no Religion higher than Truth"
"If we're too stupid to figure out what they've been up to all these years,
we deserve to be exterminated."

They're doing their part in helping to exterminate us: The Enemy "Within!"

We're doing our part by not doing anything about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

u r absolutely right redoubt, truth cant b where u r, or where anyone is i m the proof of that in a way absolutely too
but even in concept it is clear that truth cant b objective that is why truth is absolute freedom and objectively absolute superiority so never still

humankind is not arrogant redoubt, violin note, only few that are not humans but servants of gods while enjoying their life begging for more of their sense

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

So how do you identify yourself?
What are you?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by redoubt

humankind is not arrogant redoubt, violin note, only few that are not humans but servants of gods while enjoying their life begging for more of their sense

A very good example of just how varied, how differing and how in-the-wild our precepts of truth really are

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

So how do you identify yourself?
What are you?

Best I can tell, I am a sentient, spiritual creature on a physical journey.

From there, my guess is that there is nothing impossible in this universe and that the unlimited manipulation of matter and energy is at the heart of what we take to be God.

It's all based on a lifetime of observation held against (or overlaid onto) that which we call everyday reality.

And as an obligatory disclaimer (safer this way), it's all nothing more or less than one man's opinion; my own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join