It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO warns of untreatable TB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

It says infections of multi-drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB) in Papua New Guinea's remote south-west have reached crisis levels. The country's health minister says tuberculosis is now a greater health emergency than HIV/AIDS.

ABC article

It seems that of a very particular concern here is that some of the people that came down with this are just a hop, skip, and jump from mainland Australia.

While the article says that only 95 people have contracted it since 2005, it must be kept in mind that the area we're talking about it very rural. Imagine what this thing could do if it hit a largely populated area.

I highly doubt we're talking the end of the world or anything ridiculous like that. Still, may be wise to keep an eye on developments related to it.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Wow! A new drug resistant form of a dangerous disease is coming out every month now it seems.

Thank you for this news. I once saw a map that members on here use a lot that reports disease outbreaks and stuff. Would you happen to know which map that is? I would like to take a look at it.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Not to worry too much. Russians have been tracking this crud around America for a couple years now. If you think back, you may recall quite a big deal made of a Russian national who broke legal quarantine by boarding a commercial plane with his drug resistant TB.

One example of an XDR-TB Carrier on planes

I hear about people having to be tested and checked when one of these bozos knowingly exposes everyone, but I've yet to hear about those tests later showing a mass infection as a result. Obviously it's contagious, but it doesn't seem to be nearly as contagious as the fear talk seems to suggest. Having said that, I'll sure pass on being on a plane or in a confined space with one of these modern day Typhoid Mary's.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth4Thought

Wow! A new drug resistant form of a dangerous disease is coming out every month now it seems.

yes, courtesy of big pharma in their super-secret breeding reactors; the fools who've allowed themselves to be used as test tubes:
the vaccinated population

in the UK it seems they've established a policy of vaccinating for TB on the QT of
NEW BORN BABIES!!!!!

and blaming it on immigration to boot!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth4Thought

The main one that I know of is RSOE. You might try that one, but I don't know if that's the one you're referencing for sure.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The WHO comes out with this stuff on a regular basis. They are always warning us about diseases long before they should be considered a public threat. How spectacular was that swine flu fiasco, eh? Announcing it as a pandemic when only two people have contracted it is kind of jumping the gun, don't you think? There is a real concern that they could easily be behind a real epidemic at some point because when TSHTF, who's gonna have the power in their grubby little mitts? Yes indeed, the World Health Organization. They can take over any country's health administration and any other internal force (police, for example) the choose to implement their vaccination/medication/immunization/RFID implantation programs by force.

Health care, like anything else, should not be forced on the people. We really have to be allowed to make our own decisions about our own lives and have that respected by our community. Throughout history, humans have managed one way or another with lesser or greater success. What we choose for our lives has to be left in our hands. Things can be *offered*, but not mandated and certainly not implemented by force.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
The WHO comes out with this stuff on a regular basis. They are always warning us about diseases long before they should be considered a public threat.

Would you prefer warnings after diseases become a public threat?

They can take over any country's health administration and any other internal force (police, for example) the choose to implement their vaccination/medication/immunization/RFID implantation programs by force.

And how do you propose they're going to do that?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
yes, courtesy of big pharma in their super-secret breeding reactors; the fools who've allowed themselves to be used as test tubes:
the vaccinated population

Let me get this straight--it's not people who are actually infected with TB and treated with antibiotics that are the source of antibiotic-resistant TB, it's people who are vaccinated with attenuated TB and never get any antibiotics. And I suppose MRSA, penicillin-resistant strep, and antibiotic-resistant C. difficile exist because we've secretly been vaccinating people against staph, strep, and C. difficile and not using antibiotics against them, too?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Is this the same TB strain that recently hit OWS? Wouldn't suprise me if it was a weaponised version and realsed on purpose.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Umm, yes. That would make a lot more sense. Issuing a warning every time a flu breaks out is just manipulative fear-mongering. Swine flu vaccines caused a lot more trouble than the flu itself. They need to get a grip of this unnatural fear and do real work.

We are living beings. We will get sick. It has to be that way. It's naïve to think otherwise.

top topics

join