It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is OWS Just A Smoke Screen??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Like many of you, my fellow ATS readers... I fell victim to the OWS movement. At first I thought it was a GREAT idea. Hell, I even wrote about it at length on my own blog. However, after watching what I have on the TV news, the Internet, and newspapers, it has become quite apparent to me that this is just one big mind f*ck.

This has clearly been organised by TPTB, the CIA, and others. Hell, even the movement in Egypt has failed. But, it got a lot of press. Now people are being gunned down in Egypt, for protesting AGAIN.
The OWS encampments in America, and in Canada are slowly but surely being shut down.
Now the big question is: What were we NOT paying attention to, while we were watching the OWS movements worldwide? What has TPTB done right in front of our eyes, that we didn't pay attention to?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

However, after watching what I have on the TV news, the Internet, and newspapers, it has become quite apparent to me that this is just one big mind f*ck.

you aren't seriously basing your opinion on what the news is telling you about OWS are you? Seeing as those news outlets are run by the very same crooked corporations these people are fighting against, I'd suggest you look elsewhere for information.

Anyways, smoke screen? Nah, don't think so, nothing big has really happened while this has been going on. Will it be used as a pretext to restrict freedoms? Of course, the government never wastes a good chance to grab more power.

so yeah, if you consider waking millions up to the problems being created by the banking cartels and corporate crime, sure, smoke screen.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Let me guess, they were paid by.....
George Soros?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
OWS is more of a 'false start' than a 'smoke screen'.I still think its important though.And a good thing.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
OP, you act like it's some big conspiracy, and it is. The world elite and bankers have stuck it to the "undermen" of the world, and we're about to start flinging poo!
edit on 22-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think it has been turned into a smoke screen. The movement started off brilliantly and everyone was (for the most part) getting along and spreading their message in a non-violent manner. Now, it's just become a commercialized joke, at least in some areas.

I was at the protest in Detroit a month ago and everyone seemed to be quite serious about it. Hopefully the more committed individuals will be able to get this movement back to its original intentions.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The ridiculous levels of pure nonsense that the SNAKES and SHILLS will go in order to make folks view the Occupy movement in a negative way.

The movement is a PEOPLES movement. DECENT PEOPLE of all colors, origins, and status collecting together to have their VOICES HEARD for a change. To turn this country AROUND. To make their childrens future a DECENT one.

They are We --- We The People.

Anybody who can THINK, and can SEE, realizes how obvious it is!! How foolish do the SNAKES and SHILLS take us for??!!

The desperation of the SNAKES and SHILLS is so FLIPPIN' obvious!!!

I am glad that the HUGE majority of folks are waking up and are now able to see thru this type of pathetic nonsense. Thank goodness.

edit on 23-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I don't think OWS is a 'smoke screen'. I don't think it has been organized by the CIA either. For one thing, it's international. Also, it hasn't done anything to play into the government's hands. It's been a peaceful protest. If it had erupted into violence, then the Government would have the justification they need to crack down with martial law.

I think the media reaction to OWS is the 'smoke screen', quite literally. They have been painting OWS as a 'failure' since they refused to frame themselves into a single issue. However, that is precisely why and how OWS did NOT fail. It could not fail, since it didn't have a unified objective. You need to have a clear goal before you can fail.

The objective of the Occupy movement was not to stay in the camps forever. The purpose of the tents was to get noticed, which they did. Also, to meet and discuss with other like-minded protesters, which they did. Also, the point was to bring international attention to the fact that our Governments can no longer use rhetorical argument against us, they have to resort to using force. The NYPD was using a militarized Police force to violate the first amendment rights of the protestors, just for breaking a by-law. Their edifice is beginning to crumble.

The Ancient Greek philosopher Socrates was condemned to death by the city of Athens for corrupting the youth of Athens, by telling them their Gods were false. As he was given the cup of hemlock to drink, he said "The fact that you had to resort to force to silence me means that I am right."

So it is with the Occupiers, in Liberty square, in Egypt and around the world. The tyrants must resort to using force because the people no longer believe in their fraud. When the Police and the military stop obeying orders to shoot their own unarmed, peaceful people, the regime will crumble.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

However, after watching what I have on the TV news, the Internet, and newspapers, it has become quite apparent to me that this is just one big mind f*ck.

This is exactly the issue, as you know from the OWS website, it is about a sort of revolution. TPTB are now unleashing a MASSIVE crap storm of propaganda attacking OWS. And many people are buying it. It only seems like it was created by the CIA it only seems that way.

If we give up on OWS, that will be the end. I think we need to stay strong and not watch TV or read the newspapers if we want the truth.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Let me guess, they were paid by.....
George Soros?

LOL, now that is the CIA crap there, that is exactly what they want you to think. I can tell you at least at the Burlington OWS, the kids I know there aren't paid by Soros, same goes for OWS, I watch the live feeds. The union people, they are there because the are lemmings, but the base of the movement aren't controlled by anyone. Sorry, unlike the take over of the Tea Party by the Koch brothers, OWS has taken note and we will not allow Soros to stain the movement.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Not a chance and not by a long shot. This is The People's Movement!

This is the new battleground!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by professorzed

Occupations and encampments still active now will continue until each and everyone of our demands are met!

new topics

top topics

join