It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Series / undercover with Persecuted Christians - By Open Doors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Bookmark this site. Open Doors media is presenting a documentary TV series of Christian persecution going on around the world. Here is a good opportunity for prayer.

LINK

Episode Airing Date Time Network Schedule Link
Bangladesh Nov. 2 9:00 pm (EST) Cornerstone Network www.ctvn.org
Bangladesh Nov. 10 10:00 pm (EST) Cornerstone Network www.ctvn.org

edit on 21-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Its not persecution, its just treating everyone equally.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

I guess I don't understand. What do you mean? I think Egyptian Christians would have a different take on equality if persecution is fair treatment. Maybe you mean something different.

edit on 21-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I guess I don't understand. What do you mean? I think Egyptian Christians would have a different take on equality if persecution is fair treatment. Maybe you mean something different.
Well I was talking about the werstern 'persecution' of christians.
But according to what you believe (the bible), your god killed millions of innocent egyptians.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

WakeUpRiseUp,

You continue to show what type of person you are. Clearly you are all knowing, which of the Coptic Christians that was killed in Egypt do you believe it was right to kill because of the actions of others? Why do you promote persecution of any? What sort of a twisted fellow are you? Why such bigotry? Decent people promote the freedom of others regardless of their beliefs.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Dear SuperiorEd,

Do not waste your time with WakeUp, he hasn't yet. Read all of his other posts as he has only joined recently and you will see who and what you are dealing with. My advice, ignore him.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

You continue to show what type of person you are. Clearly you are all knowing, which of the Coptic Christians that was killed in Egypt do you believe it was right to kill because of the actions of others? Why do you promote persecution of any? What sort of a twisted fellow are you? Why such bigotry? Decent people promote the freedom of others regardless of their beliefs.

Dear AQ,
I do not promote persecution, but I understand that it is a way of human life; and I dont see that changing anytime soon.
I do not think what is happening to christians in Egypt is in anyway good. But I dont see what right you have to be angry if you support your gods actions to kill millions of Egyptians.
I promote freedom for those who do not take freedom away from others.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear SuperiorEd,

Do not waste your time with WakeUp, he hasn't yet. Read all of his other posts as he has only joined recently and you will see who and what you are dealing with. My advice, ignore him.
Reality is hard to swallow my friend, I speak the logical truth.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
different people have been persecuted since the beginning of humanity: jews, muslims, christians, blacks, japanese. But as silly as beliefs may be i feel for these people. They should be able to tell themselves any lie they want if it makes them sleep better at night.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear SuperiorEd,

Reality is hard to swallow my friend, I speak the logical truth.

Reality is not hard to swallow, bigotry is and you said that it was okay with you that they were persecuted. Let your words judge you, I have no use for them.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Reality is not hard to swallow, bigotry is and you said that it was okay with you that they were persecuted. Let your words judge you, I have no use for them.
I didn’t say I was ok with it. But when you push your believes on others expect some people to react. There will always be a problem when ideas without logic dictate the way people live.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

They should be able to tell themselves any lie they want if it makes them sleep better at night.
Agreed, but religion goes further then that and pushes it on other people. Is it any suprise people are angry when a lie controls so many people and has such power.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I didn’t say I was ok with it. But when you push your believes on others expect some people to react. There will always be a problem when ideas without logic dictate the way people live.

Watch the videos on the Coptics and tell everyone how they were pushing their beliefs or try and blame them for what other people did. There is no true love in you, a human response is that none should be injured for their beliefs, not Muslims, not Christians, not Jews and not Atheists.

You have clearly come to bait people and instigate. Your callous and bigoted words betray you. Rather than promote more tolerance, you have promoted more intolerance. Why would you do such a thing? You seem to believe that violence against innocent people is okay in response to violence against other innocent people, how does this help anything?

I knew a man who was Egyptian and Coptic many years ago. I did not understand what they faced. I asked him if he missed Egypt, he explained how his brother was thrown off a rooftop my Muslims for being a Christian and he had done nothing other than believe in Christ. Your comment was that you liked equality, you like an eye for an eye, then why do you complain about anything? Rather than attacking others for believing and supporting more violence in the world, why not promote understanding and tolerance?

You have hate in your heart while condemning the hate of some believers. I do not know why you support oppression and find it okay to attack believers with such callousness. I don't support attack non-believers and will say that anyone who does is not a true Christian. You asked earlier why I asked about Stalin and Atheists, I would have hoped you could have figured it out for yourself. Don't be a bigot and attack many for the acts of a few, pretty simple.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

The church pushes its views on everyone. Your telling me I have no love when you believe that someone murdered millions of Egyptians and that is ok but it is wrong for them to kill a few people of yours?
I agree, none should be hurt for their beliefs. But when you push that belief on others, it is more then a belief.

I’m not here to bait or instigate.

Right, yet its ok for Christian nations to bomb Muslim nations into dust and kill millions of people? If you don’t understand why other people hate western/christian nations then you seriously need to open your eyes.

Tolerance and understanding cant happen in a human world.

I have more frustration then hate. I attack many for the fact they support and enable the actions of few.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

The church pushes its views on everyone. Your telling me I have no love when you believe that someone murdered millions of Egyptians and that is ok but it is wrong for them to kill a few people of yours?
I agree, none should be hurt for their beliefs. But when you push that belief on others, it is more then a belief.

I’m not here to bait or instigate.

Right, yet its ok for Christian nations to bomb Muslim nations into dust and kill millions of people? If you don’t understand why other people hate western/christian nations then you seriously need to open your eyes.

Tolerance and understanding cant happen in a human world.

I have more frustration then hate. I attack many for the fact they support and enable the actions of few.

Your words are spin, your lies are obvious. I promote tolerance for all, why don't you, why support any intolerance and treat people as groups rather than individuals, that is insincere. You say you have frustration with hate as you promote hate. Let anyone read your fist post on this thread and tell themselves that you were promoting tolerance and love. Go back and read them yourself.

Your solution, your words is that "Tolerance and understanding cant happen in a human world". Those are your words, not mine and people come and read them. Tolerance and understanding and compassion can happen in a human world; but, you have to be part of the solution rather than just another hateful person. It occurs one person at a time.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

This is the difference with Christian belief. It cannot be pushed on anyone. It must be a choice from the willingness of the person believing. Christian salvation comes from a changed heart, not forced at the barrel of a gun. The tactics of other religions across the globe used tyrannic means to keep control and force belief, while the Christian religion needs no force to retain a changed life forever. In all cases with Christian faith, the value of the changed heart is its own reward.

When anyone uses forced belief of any ideology, it must be accomplished through duplicity. Fear of punishment to believe is not belief, it is the duplicity of saying I believe to avoid punishment. The real belief is the punishment. If I say I believe to gain reward, again, duplicity is at work. The true intention is the reward and not the belief. With Christianity, we must deny the world and its rewards with a willingness to walk away to gain it back again. The supreme good is its own reward. No coercion necessary.

The difference is easily seen. False belief requires involuntary force. Freedom and truth only require knowledge and is completely voluntary. Know the truth and the truth sets you free. We enslave ourselves when we allow force to sway our intellect away from truth.

edit on 22-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

I have two questions. First, where can I find a link to the millions killed in Egypt? I would like to research what you say.

Second, how do the Coptic Christians fit into this? The preexist the Muslims by 500 years in Egypt. They are the oldest sect of Christianity in the world. They have been at peace since their hearts have embraced truth. Here is the history. LINK

Here is a typical Coptic Christian. This is a group that harms no person.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Watch the videos on the Coptics and tell everyone how they were pushing their beliefs or try and blame them for what other people did. There is no true love in you, a human response is that none should be injured for their beliefs, not Muslims, not Christians, not Jews and not Atheists.

It is easy to judge others in this manner. The truth is something else. We have two choices when we act in life.

1) Steal, kill and destroy to take for self.

2) Honor, preserve and defend to give to others.

This is the dividing line of civilization. All acts of aggression against others can only take. All acts of defense can only give to those who embrace an ideology. The question is not who, but why. It is a question of which ideology to stand with. It is a defense of the correct view of truth. Examine all you like, but at the end of the day, truth is found in love, freedom, liberty and the preservation of choice. Choice cannot impinge on others, or it is not in preservation of liberty. The only exception is when the choice steals. Locate the word steal above and the one who was restricted is in the first category, not the second. Justice requires defense, and yes, violence against the aggressor when necessary.

As an example, Israel is wrongly accused of aggression when they are truly defending themselves against the one who steals, kills and destroys. No nation is every without a wrong intention. The US killed off an entire people-group to occupy our land. So did all other nations throughout history. No person or nations is without sin, ever. History should have taught us that we cannot hate another without accusing ourselves first.

Truth must be preserved, honored and defended. Liberty and freedom is the only ground we can honestly stand on. This ground belongs exclusively to the Christian faith and belief. Yes, history shows that Christian have acted in duplicity to their faith. In other words, counterfeit Christians say one thing yet do another. If a person steals, kills and destroys, they are clearly on the side of the enemy we should stand against. I agree. You won't find this within the true believer. Love, honor and protection of the family and society at large is the only true religion.

Take a good look at the two ideologies. We either defend one or the other with our words and actions. Either we stand for justice and truth, or we stand for injustice and shame. Individually, we must stand for something of value. Prejudice and hate cannot dispel the same. Only love dispels hate. Reduce this to the essence and we either see love or hate. One is positive and the other is negative. Hate stands with number one above. Love stand with number two above.

edit on 22-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Dear SuperiorEd,

I apologize for not responding sooner. As a pacifist I can defend things without using violence. And I am not suggesting that you are saying anything different. You are one of the people who thinks quite a lot before you post and I know that you have love in your heart for others. I am not sure that I understand what stance you were taking on what I said and lost my train of thought last week. Be well and I wish you well.

top topics

join