It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian unrest fueled by the CIA, MI6, and Mossad ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I found this on RT.com
rt.com...

The West is doing its best to destabilize the situation in Syria, author and journalist Webster Tarpley told RT. According to him, civilians have to deal with death squads and blind terrorism, which is typical of the CIA. “What average Syrians of all ethnic groups say about this is that they are being shot at by snipers. People complained that there are terrorist snipers who are shooting at civilians, blind terrorism simply for the purpose of destabilizing the country. I would not call this civil war – it is a very misleading term. What you are dealing with here are death squads, you are dealing with terror commandos; this is a typical CIA method. In this case it’s a joint production of CIA, MI6, Mossad, it’s got money coming from Saudi Arabia, The United Arab Emirates and Qatar,” he explained.

In the video the journalist says he has been in Syria to see for himself.
What do you make of this ?
IMO, he fails to answer one crucial question,which is what would the west have to gain from this ? That's what has me mostly doubting this guy's credibility.

Anyway, I'm not sure how reliable RT is, but I thought it's an interesting perspective to discuss.
edit on 21-11-2011 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Very much so. Nice title, good to see solid titles in ATS as they help to bring awareness to newbies and sheeple. Yes indeed, I believe all the agencies are involved in Syria and im europe countries like greece also.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ModerateSkeptic

It has long been thought that the US has been inciting violence in Syria, here are a couple recent examples:

Syria Accuses U.S. Of Inciting Unrest

The "Free Syria Army": Placard-Waving Protesters are actually Machine Gun-Wielding Terrorists

I started a thread on this yesterday but contained different material. I haven't heard the information from Tarpley yet so thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

What has the west got to gain???
Are we forgetting the billions on rebuilding? Like they did with Gadaffi? Not to mention all the oil deals ect. This is what happened in Lybia, cia al ciada mossad and mi6. Im no suported of assad but its a bit much, when the west sinks to these levels, in the name of spreading democratic ideals.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Syrian unrest is fueled by decades of the brutal behavior of psychopathic dictators from the same family.

Try reading history.

The current dictator's father or grandfather annihilated an entire city once for daring to protest his rule.

Anyway, Syria is one of those countries where the US, at least, has been notoriously poor at infiltrating in any significant way.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I wondered how long it would be before western powers got blamed for Syria. I would have put my money on NATO being behind the protesters (as they were proved to be beyond all reasonable doubt in Libya - yeah right) So it is a bit of a surprise to find the west is propping up Assad who is absolutely guaranteed to fall.

However, my cover bet is perfectly safe : namely, that conspiracists will never ever admit that ordinary people are just plain pi'ed off with an arrogant bullying dictator and his military cronies.

In fact ordinary people of all countries worldwide are getting tired of those with money and power, failing to govern and screwing up the economy .

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

For those too lazy, from a former post:

Read up on Abu Bashar al-Assad...en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-11-2011 by BurningSpearess because: too add info. from 1/2 century ago

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
During the interview I conducted with a NATO spokesman for my Libya video, I asked him if NATO had any plans to provide any "humanitarian assistance" or air cover to the Syrian protestors and he said unequivocally "no." Of course plans change.

Many of the protesters are of the same ilk as those in Libya, Egypt, and Tunisia; allied with the Muslim Brotherhood. The Obama administration has already told the MB in Egypt that they will welcome them when they come to power, which is all but a done deal. President Obama has a vested interest in getting Islamist governments into power in the Middle East. I believe Syria is the next target, to be followed closely or simultaneous with military action against Iran, possibly by the end of December.

In the next episode of my show, to be released at any time, I finish up with my current coverage on Libya and move on to Syria and Iran; both countries will be the focus of The Truth Is Viral for the next couple of weeks. Let me tell you something folks: It's getting intense.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModerateSkeptic
I found this on RT.com
rt.com...

In the video the journalist says he has been in Syria to see for himself.
What do you make of this ?
IMO, he fails to answer one crucial question,which is what would the west have to gain from this ? That's what has me mostly doubting this guy's credibility.

Anyway, I'm not sure how reliable RT is, but I thought it's an interesting perspective to discuss.
edit on 21-11-2011 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

I had occasion to speak with Mr. Tarpley via email when I invited him to be a guest on my show. His answer?

"How much is the honorarium?"

So honorarium is the new word for bribe? That's not how it works. I can understand plugging his book, website, or whatever during the interview; but I have never paid cash for an interview and I never will (even if I could.) And any news organization that does pay for interviews has a serious ethical problem on their hands.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Here is the video

edit on 25-2-2012 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
he that's the same Webster contributing all the BS that Alex Jones produces..anyway yes I believe those agencies try to overthrow the government there, but death squads? as in them killing Syrian civilians? why wou?ld they do that and what proof does this Webster clown has to cover his allegations.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It has long been thought that the US has been inciting violence in Syria, here are a couple recent examples:

Syria Accuses U.S. Of Inciting Unrest

The "Free Syria Army": Placard-Waving Protesters are actually Machine Gun-Wielding Terrorists

I started a thread on this yesterday but contained different material. I haven't heard the information from Tarpley yet so thanks for sharing.

Does it contain this?

Syrian emails say American psyche is 'easily manipulated'
Anonymous cyber group hacked messages believed to be giving advice to Bashar al-Assad ahead of an interview on ABC News

Bashar al-Assad was advised that the "American psyche can be easily manipulated" when he was preparing for a television interview with ABC's Barbara Walters in December, according to leaked emails reported to have come from within the Syrian regime.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

yes there are muslim brotherhood death squads killing shias,secular sunnis and christians . Several shias and secular sunnis have been murdered by muslim brotherhood in magnitude of hundreds and thousands.

www.muslimnews.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

if you love muslim brotherhood and sharia law so much ,please migrate to saudi arabia and do your honor killings there...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

if you love muslim brotherhood and sharia law so much ,please migrate to saudi arabia and do your honor killings there.

And if you love Assad's benevolent reign so much, why don't you move to Syria and and shoot protesters?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Well they aren't protesters.They are terrorists(who are killing syrian people) who your propaganda media calls 'peaceful protesters' .

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Some 55% of Syrian respondents do not believe President Assad should resign,

www.muslimnews.co.uk...

oops syrians prefer Assad over muslim brotherhood you love anytime. Anyways referendum for free elections is being held.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Well they aren't protesters.They are terrorists(who are killing syrian people) who your propaganda media calls 'peaceful protesters' .

They are armed rebels who your propaganda ministry is labeling terrorists. No matter; Assad will eventually stuff his suitcases full of money and head for Iran, leaving the military to sort things out. I'm not crazy about the fact that the MB will eventually control the Parliament, but if they're pragmatic, they will focus on economic, rather than social, issues.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

oops syrians prefer Assad over muslim brotherhood you love anytime. Anyways referendum for free elections is being held.

That's what the headline says, not the actual article:

Some 55% of Syrian respondents do not believe President Assad should resign, whereas it was found that it was the vast majority of respondents across the region, 81%, who want him to do so.

www.muslimnews.co.uk...

I couldn't help but notice there is no source for these numbers. Did they telephone random people, or just make the numbers up?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

and your propaganda ministry in USA calls them peaceful dove kissing protesters,you govt propagandist. Even The hindu,indian express and India Tv and others call these salafi jihadis terrorists for they are .Terrorists .

I'm not crazy about the fact that the MB will eventually control the Parliament, but if they're pragmatic, they will focus on economic, rather than social, issues.

Yes like Libya. Please keep your BS to yourself.If you want 72 virgins so bad then go join al ciada.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join