It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama and Jill Biden 'booed' at Military Family Event in Miami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

FLOTUS Michelle Obama and SLOTUS Dr. Jill Biden received "boos" when called upon to begin the NASCAR race at Homestead-Miami Racetrack's Military Family Event. A sign of Obama's non-approval times? Military families booing the First and Second Ladies?

VIDEO linked:
www.examiner.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Pity they didnt throw rotten produce and rotten eggs at them...

ahh well.. maybe next time..

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The majority of NASCAR fans do not support the democratic party. I would expect that at an event like that.
It would be the same if Bush or Cheney would give a speech in San Francisco.

It is all staged anyway, they should be booed just for that. Does anyone really believe these two would ever voluntarily go to a NASCAR race if their husband's were not in the positions they are today.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

I'm curious as to where you get the idea that most NASCAR fans would not be Democratic. And more than political Party associations, the bigger surprise in this incident is that the honored-Military families who were in attendance at the event found it necessary to boo the ladies.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
is that the honored-Military families who were in attendance at the event found it necessary to boo the ladies.

You have to love the First Amendment.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

edit on 21-11-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Another example of how well the BS right-wing propaganda machine works. The GOP is even worse at actually governing than are the Democrats, but they run first rate propaganda machines.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What do you expect at a Nascar race?

A good portion of Nascar fans are southern "good-ole-boy" types. Not trying to label and entire portion of the fans, but you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

Another example of how well the BS right-wing propaganda machine works. The GOP is even worse at actually governing than are the Democrats, but they run first rate propaganda machines.

YA the GOP sends them to die in Iraq for oil and arms sales, then votes away their
armor and benefits, smart crew there...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Palin got boo'd at a Flyers game in Philly when she was campaigning for VP.
Her handlers didn't check out the fact that Philly Fans = Democrat (for the most part).
She got boo'd even though she brought her little daughter out in a Flyers Jersey.
It was a damn stupid thing for her and her handlers to set up ...

Likewise, Obama and Biden's handlers didn't check out the demographics ahead of time.
Those two getting boo'd at a S. Florida NASCAR event = DUH! Expected!
Another example of a damn stupid thing done by a politician (or their spouse)

Wonder how much of our tax money got spent on their not-well-thoughtout
adventure to S. Florida?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
President Obama should remind those Nascar fans that HE is in charge of General Motors, pull them from Nascar.
Cease DOD funds from being used to sponsor cars as well.

Maybe if Federal $$$$$ wasn't poured into Nascar, they'd have to start racing stock production automobiles again.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
But its OK to boo a soldier. If he happens to be gay.

The Conservative Right is very hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't mention this if it didn't seem that several posters thought it important. Where does it say the military families booed anyone, they were in a minority in the crowd. Even if they did, what code makes a soldier's wife behave toward the Presiden'ts wife (who is busy campaigning).

And no, I don't believe the soldier was booed because he was gay. But that's open to interpretation and I won't fight either way.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
And no, I don't believe the soldier was booed because he was gay. But that's open to interpretation and I won't fight either way.

Here's a link (so as not to get off topic: Gay soldier shares reaction to GOP debate boos www.google.com...

I am still a registered Rep. Why? I don't know. Maybe hoping they will find their true roots again.

In the mean time I simply refer to the Conservative Right as "the toddlers".

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Who says Rednecks aren't Politically Savy ? ........

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
i am not a nascar person , never attended a single race, but this is one i would have to gone if given the chance, and my boos would have cracked the friggin pavement

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

you are a moron.........

top topics

join