It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence breaks out at Egypt's Tahrir Square (BREAKING NEWS)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Happening today! This is terrible, look at mass numbers of Egyptian protests. MASSIVE MASSIVE Numbersss

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The part about this I think is the most aggravating to many people, is that the "government authority forces" act like they own the whole city, the whole country.

The people are treated like animals and are not allowed to have a political presence in their own land.

There is a lot of injustice and people want to stand somewhere in public and say "I am tired of injustice and being treated like a 2nd or 3rd class citizen", and they want a place at the table.

But there are only a few folks with a place at the table and the "government authority forces" use violence to protect and uphold the immense power of those few individuals.

The ones who do control the 'table' (by force) are usually viewed as 'selling out' their nation and it's peoples and it's resources.

So that's why there are still great political conflicts going on, that is why there are still protests.
Nothing has changed.

I would like to suggest that this may not have been the case had internationalist outside political and economic forces not been intervening and attempting to usurp and control their political and economic processes.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sad times are upon the Egyptian people once again as they struggle to keep the military from gaining power once the newly elected civilian government comes into power.

In recent weeks protesters - mostly Islamists and young activists - have been holding demonstrations against a draft constitution that they say would allow the military to retain too much power after a new civilian government is elected

Earlier in November, Egypt's military rulers produced a draft document setting out principles for a new constitution.

Under those guidelines, the military would be exempted from civilian oversight, as would its budget. .

Source

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Go here to watch live:
www.aljazeera.com...

It's really heating up over there. Crazy times I tell ya.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We are going to have to act wiser and utilize cunning strategies and tactics in order to gain any ground on the global political front against the globalist political usurpers who's shadow hangs over us all.

Number one people need to quit their job if it entails unethical "obligations". If you are obligated to act unethically and trample other's liberties or use deception to empty their pockets, you need to QUIT.

There are countless ways in this world economy to get your bills paid, so there is no excuse for not spending all of your free off-duty time looking for an alternative route. Then when you find another way, you should put in your resignation immediately. Be honest and tell them why, because you refuse to continue acting unethically.

Number two, people need to educate themselves and others about liberty and respecting the liberty of other human beings at all times, no exceptions. You cannot justify trampling liberty in rare or special cases and then expect your own liberty to remain 100% unscathed.

Number three, stop misspending your money $ and instead invest in ethical and more localized economic organizations. The elites control us all through globalist policies and regulations, and this is why buying local no matter where you are is a detriment to their plans and goals to enslave the globe. Stop supporting governments with tax money if they are controlled by outside influences attempting to sell your sovereignty to the highest bidder. Stop buying goods from corporate entities that are essentially created or acquired by slavery, war, and deception.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IndigoValor

it is writing in the scriptures:

Isaiah 19:2-4
“I will stir up Egyptian against Egyptian— brother will fight against brother, neighbor against neighbor, city against city, kingdom against kingdom. The Egyptians will lose heart, and I will bring their plans to nothing; they will consult the idols and the spirits of the dead, the mediums and the spiritists. I will hand the Egyptians over to the power of a cruel master, and a fierce king will rule over them,” declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty.”

Isaiah Chapter 19

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
WOW!

It looks like a swarm of really pissed people. I give them credit for standing up for themselves.

"Overthrow the regime!"

Did you notice how some protesters are protecting fallen police and helping them get out of the masses?
edit on 20-11-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Coming to a country near you.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I will explain more thoughts on this.

The globalist corporate entities are interested in profits and production. They have sabotaged their own gains however by being greedy and selfish and not caring about the people that work for them nor caring about the quality of living conditions they work under. They don't care about how much pollution they create, nor do they care about how many lives they destroy through the process of making money in a global economic system.

This is counter-productive behavior however in the long-term situation because it actually lowers the overall productivity ratings of the entire human race. I shall explain.

If people's liberty and rights were respected and upheld, than they would be free to spend more of their time thinking and looking into things they are interested in. This would allow the human inventive and innovative spirit to become unchained from the economic 'rat race' scenario, and allow them to explore their capabilities more deeply.

The true nature of humanity and the economic reality is not that production is based upon pure brute hard work and long hours. This is incorrect. The true nature is technologically based, and had the citizens gained freedom to innovate and invent better systems, they would be able to create higher capacity production methods.

In the long term global view, this would end up increasing the base production value of the human species exponentially and would increase the wealth of the nations and it's people drastically. It would raise living conditions across the board and as a consequence it would clean up the environment.

People would develop higher capacity, larger volume, cheaper, and faster methods of production. They would devise better ways to make more product with less resource, and they would in turn cut down on waste significantly (which is the source of our pollution problem).

If such liberty-oriented philosophy was embraced en masse, we would probably already have replicators, have mastered transmutation physics, be inter-stellar, and have robotic servants rather than human slaves.

Just think about it.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I will explain more thoughts on this.

The globalist corporate entities are interested in profits and production. They have sabotaged their own gains however by being greedy and selfish and not caring about the people that work for them nor caring about the quality of living conditions they work under. They don't care about how much pollution they create, nor do they care about how many lives they destroy through the process of making money in a global economic system.

Their economic models are flawed, and it's up to the people to correct their mistake.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Their economic models are flawed, and it's up to the people to correct their mistake.

Correct.

The problem we face is that people are investing into this flawed system and propping it up.

That is why I proposed they quit their jobs if it supports this self-defeating system.
Also, to spend their money more wisely and to stop paying taxes to fund the corrosion.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Don't change the system to get better, simply get rid of the system...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by o0pinMind0o

it is writing in the scriptures:

Isaiah 19:2-4
“I will stir up Egyptian against Egyptian— brother will fight against brother, neighbor against neighbor, city against city, kingdom against kingdom. The Egyptians will lose heart, and I will bring their plans to nothing; they will consult the idols and the spirits of the dead, the mediums and the spiritists. I will hand the Egyptians over to the power of a cruel master, and a fierce king will rule over them,” declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty.”

Isaiah Chapter 19

THats interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
dude...those egyptians in tahrir square need to all get arrested...cut the lame propagnda.

the elections are in a few weeks.......why are they protesting for the army to give up power, when they will be doing so in about three weeks ???

mubarak was leaving in 4 months..after 30 years...why did they boot him out??

im with the army on this...there are alot of trouble makers inciting the people, now with this new footage , i guess thats only more incitment.

there is no logic behind these marches....lock em up i say

that said.....there is an underlying issue with the army not disclosing its affairs with the state...im not too sure i want to see their dirty laundry...could be shocking

peace
edit on 20-11-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Wait till its summer again.. Then things will really kick off..

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

At least three people have been killed in a violent assault by the Egyptian army and police to evict protesters from Cairo's Tahrir Square, according to doctors.

Hundreds of soldiers and police, backed by armoured personnel carriers, used teargas, rubber bullets and batons to evict several thousand protesters from the central Cairo square...

FULL ARTICLE HERE

By Jack Shenker
Sunday 20 November 2011 17.07 GMT

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I am very concerned about what is going on in Egypt. I have friends there and everytime something seems to be improving tensions break out. Now things are escalating in Syria. All I can think is all those poor people and what is happeing to them.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

You really think a vote is gonna stop a corrupt system? You think these bastards are just gonna be voted out by the people and just disappear? You're sadly mistaken my friend and you need to realize this not only for Egyptian sake but for American sake as well. Corruption will not go away with elections its only gonna get stronger and stronger as time goes on.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The Police and Military must become involved before any change can be made by the people, this is for any country which seeks change including America right now and the OWS movement.

So far when we look at history and how these types of marches and protests end up being nothing more than a short time period of interference for tptb, a radical change is needed but violence is not going to erradicate violence and that is what the PTB are doing to people and why people are marching worldwide.

This is possibly an example to the OWS movement on how to get crazy and make a real statement. I kind of thought that the last big protest in Egypt was the pre-cursor to the OWS movement anyway. I think that they (Egypt) feel they are leading the entire world and specifically the western and worldwide protests.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Interesting thought on Egypt leading the worldwide protesters...

I think you are kind of right, the Egyptian revolution as became a big symbol now in all the worldwide Occupy movement...

There are so many revolts worldwide right now it's really exciting. I think humanity is awakening...I never thought I'd see that but it seems there's a ray of light on the horizon...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join