It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Super Committee' likely to announce failure to reach debt deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

While aides said no final decision had been made, they acknowledged that -- barring an unforeseen development -- an announcement of an end to negotiations is the most likely scenario.

There really is no hope for partisan politics. This is just unreal.
Or its a ploy. I haven't decided which. Maybe a game of chicken.

A late Monday deadline looms for some kind of plan to move forward, with a vote required by Wednesday

Toomey's plan would lower overall tax rates while limiting tax breaks in a way that would raise $250 billion. Republicans estimate that the reform would lead to economic growth generating another $110 billion. A change in how tax brackets are adjusted for inflation would raise another $40 billion.

Here are some smart thinking Republicans.

The Bush tax breaks need to be allowed to expire. I don't know how much proof the republican party needs that they don't work.

The article goes onto report that if a solution isn't found, it could mean across the board cuts that could cut defense spening.

I am not convinced that is a bad thing.

Why should defense be the only ontouched entity?

CNN

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Because the U.S. might get attacked if we're not spending as much as everybody else on the planet combined. We leave ourselves open for attack if we're not feeding the Defense Contractors the money they want. Personally, I think that any statement like that from a contractor should be taken as making terrorist threats, but that's just me.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If we would learn to mind our own business and take care of our own people and land first there would be no reason for a defense budget... Don't the kids in DC have enough toys to play with?

Besides they have several other private companies footing the bill so they can hide what they are up to without having to abide by regulations. So why do them need a budget anyway? Why don't they just march into whatever company and take it over like the crooks they really are? Too mainstream and noticeable?

That ship has sailed... while most of what we think we know is only 1% of what is actually is going on...

Hey I guess in a way we are part of the 1%...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It seems that is always the first scare tactic anytime anyone mutters a rumor about cutting the defense budget: it will cripple our defense!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
so the super committee fails on its very first big task. This should be lesson that dictatorial power of a small group has just as much chance as a large group to fix a debt problem when the solution is just more debt.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Ah, the Exchequer Committee is once again making unrepresented decisions about our future labor and, indirectly, property rights.

There has probably never been such thing as a perfect political system, but I'm of the opinion that our system of government regressed to a less perfect state when it formed this so-called Super Committee. It just has an air of Bolshevik.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
As I keep saying, it is time for a third party.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
And people wonder how Rome fell.... you are seeing it in ACTION right now...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This "super congress" was a bogus move to begin with. It's a failure.
It should be abolished!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruptedstructure
This "super congress" was a bogus move to begin with. It's a failure.
It should be abolished!

I think it was all just a delaying tactic.

That's what congress does. They kick the can down the road and blame each other as
they do it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Follow the Tea Party lead.

- FREEZE - spending for 5 years. Kill the base line increases.

Spend in 2012 exactly what we spent in 2011.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I see it as a teenager mentality from both Congress and the Super Congress.

First and foremost, if they solved all the problems they would no longer be needed as much and would be forced to *gasp* get a real job.

Second, if we go with the other sides solution and it works, then me and my side will lose.

Third, how can we have more money thrown at the problem (as well as to our pockets) if we fix the problem.

What really needs to be done is have a President that has read the Constitution and isn't afraid to bust a few skulls while working for the people for a change versus working for campaign contributers:

ARTICLE 2, SECTION 3.

... he may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in case of disagreement between them, with respect to the time of adjournment, he may adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper; ...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
I see it as a teenager mentality from both Congress and the Super Congress.

First and foremost, if they solved all the problems they would no longer be needed as much and would be forced to *gasp* get a real job.

Second, if we go with the other sides solution and it works, then me and my side will lose.

Third, how can we have more money thrown at the problem (as well as to our pockets) if we fix the problem.

What really needs to be done is have a President that has read the Constitution and isn't afraid to bust a few skulls while working for the people for a change versus working for campaign contributers:

ARTICLE 2, SECTION 3.

... he may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in case of disagreement between them, with respect to the time of adjournment, he may adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper; ...

Obama is AWOL.

They probably planned it that way. When the supercommittee crashes and burns be somewhere
else. John Kerry is the wrong spokesman for the liberals.
He got busted for legal insider trading. You know it sure sounds illegal.

John Kerry has been making perfect trades in the stock market. Now we know his secret
to success. Just cheat with inside information.

top topics

join