It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurve Bow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by afsalazar

That sounds great! What is your interest in archery? Hunting, target competition or just general recreation?

A fun sport is Field Archery, a version of target archery that is like golf, with several ranges marked out in the woods like golf fairways, done with groups of 6 archers.

MaxQFlight

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxQFlight

excellent information. im trying to figure out myself what amo length recurve bow i need. about to spend $$$ for a Martin Mamba but i think ill regret it, being 58" AMO.

im getting mixed answers when im talking to cust service from bear archery and martin archery.. bear tells me a 58" will be fine, and martin is telling me my long draw will cause damage to the bow over time.

measuring myself 3 suggested different ways for draw length im getting about 30-32, i have not yet gone to a archery pro shop to get measured, i think i will.

i guess its best for me to get a longer bow atleast 62" AMO probably a takedown. the martin hunter amo 62 looks good to me too, but prob out of my price range, even used?

im 6'2"
wingspan is 78"
left fist held out like im holding a bow, measured from knuckle to corner of my mouth is 32"

my budget for a bow and accessories like arrows and atleast an arm guard and maybe a glove/finger tab is around $200

anyone agree the 58" amo martin mamba as being a poor choice for me?

<< 1   >>

join