It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whether you are Anti-OWS or support OWS I hope we can both support Peace over War.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

The battlefield MUST BE controlled. Whether you like it or not, there are much worse people out there that prefer warfare to peace. It is those people that must be stood against. I'm not against the notion that war is a racket, I know it is first and foremost. I participate in it because while the profiteers will profiteer, the side-effect (the reason soldiers like me fight) is that some good can come from it. And that good is stopping the worst among us from controlling the battlefield.

We are NOT alone in prosecuting warfare. Many others would make warfare much worse than we ever could in the scope of things.

I am not anti-war, for a long time I was, and then I began to find out and understand the true nature of our enemies abroad, and I did not like what I found.

For what it's worth, I believe we are the only thing left to stand between what much greater evil is out there. You'll have to forgive me for my stance. All people have their place on this Earth. Some are peacemakers some are not. Both have their worth depending on what they fight for, and what manner of "peace" is being made.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
On OWS, I'm still on the fence. Personally I'd like to see the entire stock market shut down and outlawed. We are too interconnected now... News gets around the world in minutes, most people are following the same strategies from TV and books, and the whole thing is visible in near real-time. The reactions are hyper-sensitive and often blown out of proportion.

On war versus peace... Of course I ultimately support the concept of peace. I say concept because unfortunately, I think it is something that will never truly be achieved. The problem is there will always be scum out there murdering, raping, stealing, etc.

<< 1   >>

join