It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Spacecraft Reveals Moon As Never Before

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'm wondering if those 5 mile high 'structures' on the far side of the moon will show up at all, or will the details be 'smudged'

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

See for yourself.

target.lroc.asu.edu...

edit on 11/19/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Meh... We can identify a planet outside of our galaxy, we can detect 1200 more in the area yet we cant get decent images of the moon / mars / earth with any decent resolution.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipleadthe5th

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

The only one who said anything about Google Earth was the OP and he, like you seems to have misunderstood what the article is talking about. It is not imagery, it is elevation (topographic) data.

It was actually the name of one of their links though I know they can change that..
That link isn't working for me so I can't see if the link says anything about Google..

I was addressing the OP though, so I can't see what your issue with me is..

Yes but those pictures of your house are from aircraft not space or from streetview cars and bikes!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My aunt is on Google Street view at her side porch talking to her neighbors. The image is from a car cam, usually on a Prius (in America).

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Meh... We can identify a planet outside of our galaxy, we can detect 1200 more in the area yet we cant get decent images of the moon / mars / earth with any decent resolution.

Bull and indeed brown stuff MANY hi-res pics of Moon and Mars if you know were to look that is!

25cm per pixel Moon images can be seen now!

As for those planets you talk about they have to use indirect ways of finding them such as star wobble or a drop in light output from the star they orbit!

Oh and they are inside our galaxy!!! Furthest so far about 17,000 light years our galaxy is about 100,000 light years across.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Its just a thermal image of the moon, to be honest im not impressed with this at all. Surely NASA can do better.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

If you have a link to the high res stuff shoot me a link.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by wmd_2008

If you have a link to the high res stuff shoot me a link.

Here is a start but a google search will give you other links reporting on this.

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu... Mars

lroc.sese.asu.edu... Moon

edit on 27-11-2011 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

jra

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Its just a thermal image of the moon, to be honest im not impressed with this at all. Surely NASA can do better.

It's not a thermal image. It's a elevation map that shows the varying height/depth of the terrain and it's the most detailed one to date.
edit on 27-11-2011 by jra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join