It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hate?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Goosegash

I'll tell you why. Between the ignorant, head in sand types and the loony "this nondescript light in the night sky proves it for me" types, it's enough to make me negative towards the entire UFO/ET subject. I have learned that none of it matters any way. Life goes on.

It does not matter "to me" that the universe is full of life and other civilizations. Winning an argument with somebody in denial does not amount to a hill of beans. Nobody can ever prove the ETs exist any way. The world (and the ETs) cannot let that happen. Any efforts that begin to get close will be terminated so why beat your head against a wall? People who see UFOs think they must get proof by taking photos or video. The ones who get something serious quickly realize they screwed up.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Why is it that when someone does not have the same beliefs as you, you call it "hate"? Isn't that a little childish and non-constructive to debate? If you just start throwing out accusations and then progress to the usual small minded name calling (i.e. debunkers, paid disinfo agents, arrogant, etc.) then all you are doing is intentionally trying to stop any kind of intelligent debate.

I can counter that there has been years of reports and "eyewitness accounts" of Santa Claus flying around the world on Christmas Eve, but that doesn't make it true. People have been conditioned to see an alien craft when there is something unidentified in the air. That doesn't mean it actually is alien. Why is it so hard to accept the possibility that the governments of the world foster this belief so you don't realize that what you are seeing is top secret terrestrially designed craft.

Some of us say that we don't believe these are alien craft and have all the names thrown at us - so who are the real haters?

Edited to add - I do believe that there is likely life "out there". I just don't believe it has ever visited Earth.
edit on 20-11-2011 by tallcool1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Your a psychologist?...

Must not be very good...I mean you put us all in one bunch and stereotyped us all.

It is rather childish of you believers to call us non-believers names and such when we don't agree with your faith.

Anyways I am done with this thread...more of the same...believers find it hard to believe we do not believe because of the lack of evidence ...it is just common sense ...oh well YAWN.
edit on 20-11-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Anyways I am done with this thread...more of the same...believers find it hard to believe we do not believe because of the lack of evidence ...it is just common sense ...oh well YAWN.

Welllllllllllllll, I've studied the topic since 1962.

There's FAR FROM LITTLE evidence.

IIRC, there's between 3,000-4,000 hard science meticulously investigated landing site/hard evidence cases that have been verified carefully and entered into the literature.

My observations indicate TO ME that non-belief in such things

IS A

RELIGIOUS ISSUE,

NOT an EVIDENCE issue.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

imho, the following docs are amongst the best released/outted so far.

They are available at the links below at Linda Moulton Howe's earthfiles.com

Some may already be behind her subscriber's wall.

-----------------------

www.earthfiles.com...

Part 1: U. S. Government Knowledge
of “Interplanetary” Craft, 1942 - 2011

© 2011 by Linda Moulton Howe

“This Headquarters has come to a determination that the mystery
airplanes are in fact not earthly and according to secret intelligence sources,
they are in all probability of interplanetary origin.”

- George Marshall, Army Chief of Staff, March 5, 1942

(pic at link)

September 11, 2011 Albuquerque, New Mexico - The following is an email that Earthfiles received from a Washington, D. C. government source concerning the Alec Newald abduction case in New Zealand.

Click on each of these Earthfiles reports for Alec Newald's experiences:

. . .

Alec was abducted from his moving car in mid-February 1989. Controlled by an unknown, unseen force, Alec could not move his arms or legs and lost control of his car as it drove straight into a cliff wall - and into another dimension. The Washington, D. C. emailer writes: “The non-humans have the ability to fly into solid objects and into the ground.”

Subject:
Date: September 8, 2011
To: Linda Moulton Howe

“As you see, I have physical data, which indicates there is a
problem. However, to answer why our government is unable to detect these
objects is simple - most of what I encounter enter through wormholes. Our
current level of technology precludes us from being able to detect the
locations of these portals. Their ability to parse multiple dimensions is
another issue. They may show up on radar and be 100% stationary. Then when
the jets arrive, there is absolutely nothing there! Also, how can we
possibly deal with objects that have multi-directional flight capabilities, with
forwards flight technology?

I worked in the White House for 18 years. I capture anomalies almost on a daily basis. Some are 100% consistent with the objects at the U.S. Capitol in 1952.
[ See below: “July 19 and 26, 1952: Many UFOs Over Washington, D. C.” ] That intelligence did not go away. They are still here and possibly in an underground base. The non-humans have the ability to fly into solid objects and into the ground. With those capabilities we don't stand a chance.”

(continued at link--including new FDR letter etc.)

-----------------------------------

www.earthfiles.com...

Part 2: U. S. Government Knowledge
of “Interplanetary” Craft, 1942 - 2011

© 2011 by Linda Moulton Howe

Page 004, MJ-12 briefing paper for American President-Elect
Dwight David Eisenhower, Nov. 18, 1952.

Return to Part 1

September 12, 2011 Albuquerque, New Mexico - An alleged briefing paper for the 34th President of the United States, Dwight D. Eisenhower, dated November 18, 1952, was first released to the public at the June 1987 Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) conference in Washington, D. C. It is stamped TOP SECRET/MAJIC and entitled “Briefing Document: Operation Majestic 12, Prepared for President-elect Dwight D. Eisenhower: (Eyes Only) 18 November 1952.” The presenters of this leaked document at the MUFON conference were television producer Jaime Shandera and UFO researcher/author William Moore.
The two men said that in December 1984, a roll of 35mm film arrived without a return address at Shandera's residence. After the film was processed, it revealed negatives of a document describing OPERATION MAJESTIC-12 as a “TOP SECRET Research and Development/Intelligence operation responsible directly and only to the President of the United States.” The briefing, prepared by former CIA Director Roscoe Hillenkoetter, explained that the MAJESTIC-12 group that uses the classification “TOP SECRET / MAJIC EYES ONLY” was “established by a special, classified, executive order from President Truman on 24 September 1947.” [ Harry S. Truman was U. S. President from April 12, 1945, the date President Franklin D. Roosevelt died, until January 20, 1953, when Dwight Eisenhower was sworn in.]
The subject is a background briefing about unidentified flying objects that have persistently appeared in American skies since at least the 1940s, the crash of at least one silver craft in the first week of July 1947 northwest of the Roswell Army Air Field and how a secret government team retrieved the wreckage and “four small human-like beings. ... Civilian and military witnesses in the area were debriefed, and news reporters were given the effective cover story that the object had been a misguided weather research balloon.”

November 18, 1952: President Eisenhower Briefing Document, OPERATION MAJESTIC 12

(cont)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I have a question for you....a polite question. LOL! Why do you profess to know absolutely that there are no ALIEN VISITATIONS ocurring on Earth right now? I only desire to uderstand your logic on this and I am not trying to argue the point as I know what the reality is....but I don't know or understand....why you are so certain?

Split Infinity

Simple really...NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THIS THEORY.

I have never come across anything that would even constitute evidence. Sure I have read reports, listened to witnesses and even watched the videos...it only supports the belief that the government is testing secret aircraft...and the reason they are keeping it secret?...I would say because they are losing military lives for these tests or they are unmanned. If they are unmanned I would think they are using it to spy on other countries or even citizens.

There is ABSOLUTELY no evidence to suggest we are being visited only wild stories that are always unsubstantiated.

You realize that lack of evidence does not constitute evidence of absence? Also you know of the "false dichotomy" falacy? In other words, it's not either there are or there aren't. You are allowed to say "I don't know for sure until I get evidence. Nobody will look down on you from drawing no more conclusions than your facts allow.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I feel ya OP! Its amazing. Geuss its human nature. We are the minority. In public we would prob stick up for each other in a social setting, in real life not behind a screen, but when we r not the minority, while on ats, we fight for no real reason. Im still amazed how arguementative people get, and when they have nothing to use to continue an inteligent arguement, they will just attack your grammar, spelling, age anything off topic to continue the arguement.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Hey-o! :-) Haven't finished reading everything yet, but I did want to throw this out there for you, as it seems you didn't know....

UFO

Over the years it seems that COMMONLY (you know, to the average every day folk) space ship/alien craft/etc can and is used interchangeably with....DU DU DUUUU..... UFO. Crazy thing that English language of ours.

Just thought you should take this into consideration. Good day! :-)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I pop in waiting for a new development to happen in this forum.. Every time i read up on whats going on it's nothing but bogus hoaxers, or rehashed information with a different spin or something someone new just discovered.

I used to like this forum but now i hate it because of those reasons.

it may arrogant to say there is no other intelligent life... but at the same time there is nothing to back it up other than hearsay and zero evidence other than THERE HAS TO BE LIFE IT'S SO OBVIOUS

yet no one can provide the proof.

If i had to put my money where my mouth is for my lifetime I would say no there are no ETs.. and I have seen what i think was et and a few ufos in my day. can't prove either is proof of ET life just speculation.

which is basically what this forum is all about speculation... and if someone tells me there is tons of evidence..

well that same argument is used by people who support religion. .

ET = Religion

neither can prove it and use the same arguments to prove their point.

>FAITH<

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

HEY!!! I am always saying there is TONS OF EVIDENCE....but I am not RELIGIOUS!

There IS tons of information to get a very solid history and understanding of why things are the way they are....and that status quo being......We the Goverment, Military and any and all other Agencies of the UNITED STATES....have not found any evidence that would prove the existance of E.T.'s.

They don't try to make statements of the sort...like...THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS E.T. THERE NEVER HAVE BEEN AND THERE NEVER WILL BE!

If any one group is to be called to task or to blame....it is the AMERICAN PUBLIC....as the endless supply of people willing to go on record as being the Mother to an Alien/Bigfoot Hybrid....is not the result of any Agency Disinformation Plan.....people in general....do this job...very nicely....and HIGHLY EFICIENTLY.

In my opinion....if you calculated in totality....the Disinformation that has been generated by the Agency for the purpose of keeping either E.T. or various ADVANCED U.S. MILITARY CRAFT SECRET.....it would be lesss than one hundreth of one percent the amount of Disinformation generated by people on their own.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Did the pilot or anyone from the government claim it was alien? If so how did they know this for a fact? Are you saying it is alien...if so how do you know? I don't know what it was and I cannot make claims as to what it is...can you?

"“It was a tank of at least eight metres. Five hundred years from now, maybe someone will tell us why and how to stand there, suspended in the sky, thirteen thousand feet.” – IAF Marshal Giancarlo Cecconi"

He doesn't say alien craft, but his words between the lines imply it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Personally I think those that hate cannot handle love. These people are too cowardly to love, because love hurts.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

OP, it was UFO's and surrounding topics that brought me to ATS and I visit the site with regularity. What I have noticed about about any topic on ATS is this...

The quality of the original post has a direct impact on the quality of the responces.

When someone posts a "I am an Alien", "Disclosure incoming!" or You tube video saying "wow look at this!" followed by some kind of "if you don't believe me you are a disinformation agent/sheeple" comment, the thread becomes an exercise in "reap as you sow".

The best threads present their evidence in a logical manner and challenge the reader to verify the information for themselves. I offer up Zorgon as a great example of a poster who has my respect, also Phage has earned deserved renowned for presenting intelligent and verifiable responces (though some hate him for it).

Rarely have I seen a snide remark offered in responce to a well thought out and presented thread, that is the key to maintain the quality of ATS.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Part of this is the influence of the intelligence agency's efforts to disassociate the public away from credible UFO witnesses by claiming that they are "kooks or tin hatters".

This is done intentionally due to the UFO phenomenon being used by the govt. to cover their top secret aircraft programs dating back to the 50's.

Professional Airline Pilots were long aware of not reporting UFO encounters for potentially risking their aviation careers...

That's why the Hate....simply because you aren't believing what you are being told to believe by your programming .....aka Television.

Plain and Simple.

Peace

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

Part of this is the influence of the intelligence agency's efforts to disassociate the public away from credible UFO witnesses by claiming that they are "kooks or tin hatters".

This is done intentionally due to the UFO phenomenon being used by the govt. to cover their top secret aircraft programs dating back to the 50's.

Professional Airline Pilots were long aware of not reporting UFO encounters for potentially risking their aviation careers...

That's why the Hate....simply because you aren't believing what you are being told to believe by your programming .....aka Television.

Plain and Simple.

Peace

Although much of what you have posted is true....the task of making people that have seen possible E.T. craft seem as though they are Tin Foil Hat types or unreputable sources of information....is more the product of the self created public perception that anyone who does believe in E.T. is a nut....is based and reaffirmed by Massive Numbers of self proclaimed ABDUCTEES and Psycic contented individuals who claim they are in constant telepathic communication with E.T. races of all types. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
A Note About Baiting, And Threads Based On Baiting

ENOUGH! Manners in the Aliens/UFO Forum and those who habitually debunk.

If you encounter "hate" in any thread, please ALERT us to it and let us handle it. Threads like this one may be well-intentioned but they are counterproductive and only serve to worsen what is already a difficult and longstanding problem.

This forum will improve when we discuss the subjects more than we discuss one another, and I pray the importance of this principle will not be lost on anyone.

Closed as a gesture of peace for all concerned, whatever their beliefs may be.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join