It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tram thugs stamped on head of woman 'because she was dressed as a Goth'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

"hate crimes (also known as bias-motivated crimes) occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her perceived membership in a certain social group, usually defined by racial group, religion, sexual orientation, disability, class, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, gender identity, social status or political affiliation"
according to wikipedia...which technically i think makes..umm..EVERYTHING involving any violence a hate crime..lame.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
What the hell is a hate crime and why is there a distinction for it?

Politicians pandering to idiots. That's all it is.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnygamble

yes, but it has more substance in that one thread than you've put into your entirety of work here at ATS.

also, its pertaining to the conspiracy of self inflated egos of our modern youth.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It was a rhetorical question.

but yes, one group of idiots pandering to the other.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Does it matter why I'm kicking you in the face?

No but knock it off you bastard!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

wow..take yourself a might bit serious do you? you shouldn't take life so seriously man..you'll never make it out alive if you do...and as for my "work" here...yeah i don't put a lot of effort into it...why..because i comment and give my opinion...i could care less if it's considered world changing blah blah blah and all that tripe...i'm on here to kill time and possibly learn things i didn't previously know..the rest is just for fun..sorry if that offends you...actually..no I'm not..i don't care if it does or not

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I completely understand your point. Personally, aside from getting the REAL news on world events, I come here for "creative inspiration". Perhaps that's a little self serving but it's the truth. I'm a musician, and i prefer to write about current events. (Much like atrists such as Dave Mustaine of Megadeth. Call it a minimally biased method of waking people up. It's really difficult to write unbiased. We all have our opinions. But it's how I do it. Who knows, maybe releasing music a specific audience prefers with political and current event themes will help raise awareness to the issues.

And yes, I would use this and many like it to base a song on. It's a real problem in the world. in some ways, I think, it's one of many contributing factors to the root of the big issue. The media, governments and ignorance of the world's diversity, coupled with a sense of personal superiority is one way that TPTB are enabled. What's that famous quote? "A house divided cannot stand"? Well, same with people. If things like this happen, and the are consistently empowered with petty ideals that "We" are better than "you" and the unhealthy and damaging competition they bring. We will stay in this rut. Basically, as long as people will nurture the ignorant view any one group is better than another, we will all perish.

The MSM does this daily on behalf of TPTB.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This entire thread reeks of judgement and prejudice and stereotyping. With my first sentence I unfortunately add to it.

"what's the point of this thread?" "they deserved it for dressing like idiots" "conveying who you are through what you wear is shallow" "goths like to cause problems" "grammar grammar nazi nazi" "if I were there I'd give them what for!" "ats is going downhill" "star and flags! yum yum yum!"

Ignorance must truly be bliss if it promotes this kind of garbage.

Thanks OP for bringing this to my attention. It's a sad world if expressing yourself through what you wear can yield severe bodily harm from others. It's just clothing.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

I fail to see how that is ignorance "the lack of knowledge"

If anything, I would have to say your the ignorant one, if you needed this thread to bring to your attention how people have been acting since the dawn of humanity. That would be a lack of knowledge.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I bet it was witnessed and no one did anything about it. Because everyone is to chicken # to step in an put their own precious lives in harms way. One Love.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Oh VonDoomen, here we go.

Most of the posts on this thread have ignored the actual discussion of the topic, but instead have focused on how the thread wastes space and the website is languishing in trash. Or the posts that reveal some of the same mindset as the "thugs" who did the beating.

We are ignorant of a better way. We have a lack of the knowledge that someone dressing goth, or any style for that matter, is not a reason to beat the crap out of someone. I agree with you in that humanity has been this way since it's birth.

Also you used the wrong "your" when you were calling me ignorant. You meant to use "you're", as in "you are". It's ok though, as I am ignorant as to the correct usage of commas.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Yes I noticed the website we're on. But This site appears to be a hub for many things other than conspiracies.

I mean, if i was going to complain about anything here it would be the fact that there's a religion forum here. But I've noticed most times I view the front page, the topic at the top has absolutely nothing to do with conspiracies. It's usually a political thread. Or a social unrest thread. Or a fragile earth thread.

Those are the titles of forums on this "conspiracy" website. Take a look, the majority of forums on ATS aren't related to conspiracies.

Yeah it bugs me a little, but it's not the the other things aren't interesting to read too.

Like I said just don't read it if you're not interested.

I mean no hostility with this reply. Have an evefentful and fruitful day friend.

edit on 18-11-2011 by BoneMosaic because: typo

edit on 18-11-2011 by BoneMosaic because: typo...again

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes
I bet it was witnessed and no one did anything about it. Because everyone is to chicken # to step in an put their own precious lives in harms way. One Love.

I've stepped in before, it doesn't usually end well. But if enough people rallied behind the initial one to stand up to sh!tstains like this, then they would have made a difference.

I've noticed that most people will go to a lot to avoid confrontation. Hell, I'm a virgo, we hate confrontation. But I've always stood up for someone when they needed it.

I deplore violence unless it is used to protect someone for the right reasons. Go on, call me a white knight, I can't help it. I'd rather get my ass kicked than sit back and let a couple of people take the thrashing alone.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The real conspiracy is will these two victims get any money or help from the S.O.P.H.I.E foundation (as someone of a so-called "sub-community, i see how much these guys get in donations).

No, they'll get sweet FA, whilst the actual charities like Help for Heroes, actually donate money to the troops.

End of the day, you choose to dress like that, then you run the risk.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinterskogen

End of the day, you choose to dress like that, then you run the risk.

Wait, wait...ok. Are you serious? Really? I'm gonna wait for an answer before I actually reply in proper.

Really???

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic

Wait, wait...ok. Are you serious? Really? I'm gonna wait for an answer before I actually reply in proper.

Really???

Yes.

In an ideal world, people can wear whatever they want. This isn't an ideal world and people out there will attack people for looking different. Most of the time its verbally, but sometimes physically.

If you want to wear clothing that makes you different to how people normally dress, by all means do, but at the same time, you also run the risk of having people either make comments or attack you.

So, how is that surprising to you, when that is just how the world is.

I myself, wear black clothing and have long hair, so, i have first hand knowledge of snide comments, and know people that have bean beaten up for being a metalhead/goth/punk or whatever people want to use as a term.

But, i tend to dress down when i go to places i know that will have a higher chance of myself receiving comments or even been attacked, when all i'm looking for is a few quiet drinks with friends. Tends to work for me.
edit on 18/11/11 by Vinterskogen because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/11/11 by Vinterskogen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinterskogen

You should be able to get around town in a burlap sack! I'm not gonna care, I may hold back a chuckle out of common courtesy, but I'm not gonna kick in your skull for it!

For F&^k's sake if you seriously think that it's your own fault for dressing like that then you're no different from the detrimental gene sacs that did this to someone just because of how they were dressed.

I hope you stub your toe or something.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
One thing drives me nuts more than anything else, people who find any random 'reason' for their moronic violent acts. I dont care if its 'They were dressed as goths', 'she was asking for it', 'god/allah, budda made me do it' , 'my religion says its ok to beat the bejebus out of them', 'They were the wrong color and hence need to die coz they are differnt to me' or the ever popular 'he / she/ it was listening to the wrong music or watching too many violent video games'.

Why not admit the damn truth that they did it because they are violent morons who get off on it? Is it so bad for society to admit that some people are just plan violent and serve no useful purpose for a modern society?
Iguess it is and there will always be an excuse for unacceptable behaviour of any kind. There is no excuse though for attacking someone for such crazy reasons.

Wayne...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BoneMosaic

assimilate or be destroyed

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic
reply to post by Vinterskogen

For F&^k's sake if you seriously think that it's your own fault for dressing like that then you're no different from the detrimental gene sacs that did this to someone just because of how they were dressed.

People make you dress like that?

There is a 'Look different' gene?

No.

Sorry mate, not meaning to cause offence, but i'm just stating the fact that you can dress down sometimes, especially if it just means not having some 'see you next tuesday' give you a bit of lip/smack you about.

And, as for the stubbing my toe bit, just because you don't agree with me, you hope i injure myself? LOL, then that makes you as bad as them, technically

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join