It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pages at bottom of "Recent Posts"!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Now before people start saying that this has been addressed a few times. I KNOW, hence the reason I am posting this once again. I may be the only one that has this problem but in case I am not then here it is.

Why Is The Page Index Only At The Top?!
putting page links at the bottom of recent posts page

The links above asked the same question and eventhough the link pages shows up on individual threads, it does not show on the Recent Posts main page.

It was also said Hit the HOME button really? I for one almost never go past page 1 because other pages aren't present at the bottom, so what do I do? By the time I go back to the top and hit Page 2, new threads/updated threads are brought up to Page 1, so I rather hit F5 missing the other pages entirely.

I know some of you will ask "why hit F5 when you can hit HOME and go to page 2?", well the answer is simple, it requires an extra step!!

All joking aside, I just think it would be convenient to have the link pages at the bottom of the "Recent Posts" page as well. (or perhaps any other place where there could be a possiblity of multiple pages)

MODS: If I am the only one with this problem then delete this thread!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

I agree.We need to have a page selection at the bottom of recent topics.
Good point to bring up.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just so i am on the same "page"

You mean here?

Its a good idea. They have it like that on each page of a thread, why not here too. Flag from me

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Just so i am on the same "page"

You mean here?

Its a good idea. They have it like that on each page of a thread, why not here too. Flag from me

Exactly there!
I thought there would be more people interested in ths feature but I guess they all are just like me, they don't get past the first page!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well I finally become annoyed enough with this omission, to see if anyone else had the problem. Hitting the 'Home' key hadn't occurred to me so I'll do this from now on. But It'll be the only website on which I need to take this extra step. There's plenty of space below the recent posts list. And, in terms of coding, surely it's just a copypasta requiring no effort on ATS' part?
edit on 26-4-2012 by jannerfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I thought I was the only one that this bothered. I learned to laugh at it after a while. Why is it at the top I thought when you scroll down reading the thread titles only to have to go back to the top for the next page.

Suppose ATS has to have at least one fault and to me this is that one. Well there is that other one but it must only bother me.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I agree. It would be nice to have that added. It's a longgggg scroll up when you're at the bottom of the page.

Oh, and one other thing...while doing a search for a member, it would be nice to have the search box at the TOP of the page. You have to scroll all the way down past all the members names for the search box. I've never seen anything like that before.

Also, does anyone else have this problem? When I'm at the bottom of a thread and I click " TOP", it takes me to the top, but when I hit the back key to get back to the previous screen, it takes me all the way BACK down to the bottom where the " TOP" link is.

I thought this might have only been a problem on my nook, but I just tried it and it's the same on my pc.

new topics

top topics

join