It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military training and it's effect on humans

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
this thread is still going on??

Gravitor... you remind me of this guy Killtown on this other forum...

any relation??

anyways.. besides the point...

But you, yourself is part of the problem... You're very confrontational.. which is what you are completely against, am I right?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
this thread is still going on??

Gravitor... you remind me of this guy Killtown on this other forum...

any relation??

anyways.. besides the point...

But you, yourself is part of the problem... You're very confrontational.. which is what you are completely against, am I right?

No relation.
I will stand against tyranny and lunatics, and they are in power right now, please yourself.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Talk about an internet hero. So you like to beat up on backpackers. Owww your so tough.
You may be able take me but its hard to tel from your phoney photo. Besides us YANKs protect ourselfs pretty well.
I'n my travels I met a couple Aussies and you guys are nothing special.

The pay for your own funeral bit isn't original at all. I like it better when people say there going to make you dig your own grave. It sounds stronger.

I will not revert to idiotic stereo typing like you because for one the show from your country I ever watched was the guy who played with crocs and snakes. So go ahead flex you internet muscles and say something else.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitor
I don't agree,
You have the most dangerous of so called presidents currently, and He act's as Your supreme commander....wake up.
At least these two retired generals can say something, but those still active need to grow some balls, and stop hiding away behind that thinking , as it allows total lunatics free to deploy the troops anywhere, as they have .
www.nytimes.com...

The military are still....WE THE PEOPLE.

No, that is a dangerous proposition. The military must be separate from politics. This is not the same as refusing to murder civilians or employ WMD-class weapons. You cannot expect a soldier to be responsible for navigating ethically gray areas. That is contrary to the good order and discipline that a decent military has to have in place. The citizenry must be the ones to raise these sorts of questions, and act accordingly by raising hell via their elected official. If that doesn't work, then the offending officials must be recalled or not reelected. In a democratic society the military entrusts the public to make these decisions. This is another facet of government checks and balances.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitor

" Those still active need to grow some balls."

Tisk tisk. Ide like to think you understand completely how the us military system operates, but it seems you dont.

You should really read up on the uniform code of military justice.

Before i leave for good gravitor, answer me this! Besides ranting on ATS about your opinion of miltary personnel not having balls, what are you doing to change this, since you feel so driven to speak of it on here.

Who are you calling, where have you spoken officially to the people ( not soldiers, try congressman) to change these things? See you can say we have no balls. Hahaha sticks and stones gravitor, but what are you doing. Do you have the balls to go up against them. Lets see it. Show us some proof that you are doing that, and not just ranting on here!

Gravitor i wish you well on your mission.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Listen up everyone.

We have differences, many, many differences.

This much we can agree on.

There is good and bad on both sides, it's part of being human.

It's not fair to tar everyone with the same brush, An old saying that still holds true.

I'm almost sorry for making this thread in the first place.

I wrote the OP from an emotional perspective when i was still dealing with my frustration. I have since made amends and cleared the issue's in my own mind up.

It's safe to ask you to read my OP from the perspective of someone that was feeling hurt and felt the need to un-load somewhere.

Wounds are healed now and i thank the existence of ATS for the chance to vent some frustrations.

So how about you calm down and start trying to find common ground because your clearly not going to change the others mind with insults and accusations.

iT'S INTERESTING THAT THE MOST MILITANT ARGUMENTS HAVE COME FROM THE PRO-CIVILIAN/ANTI MILITARY CAMP.

Just sayin.

I have never had this level of anger, just some hurt feelings.

Chill out.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Talk about an internet hero. So you like to beat up on backpackers. Owww your so tough.
You may be able take me but its hard to tel from your phoney photo. Besides us YANKs protect ourselfs pretty well.

The pay for your own funeral bit isn't original at all. I like it better when people say there going to make you dig your own grave. It sounds stronger.

I will not revert to idiotic stereo typing like you because for one the show from your country I ever watched was the guy who played with crocs and snakes. So go ahead flex you internet muscles and say something else.

Apart from not having any true faith in what you say why do you feel so insecure that you need to twist everything that I say?

What I was refering to (after you decided to talk tough) is the mothing off of Americans with their uneducated un researched assumptions and then getting all tough when put strait only to find they're not so tough as any of us who have travelled know.

Many a yank backpacker has mouthed off, got tough then had the crap kicked out of them when they need to put strength and spirit where thier mouth is after losing a fight they started and going on what I've seen you post think you'd fall right into that basket.

You're an idiot. You truly are.

Hick.
edit on 23-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Apart from not having any true faith in what you say why do you feel so insecure that you need to twist everything that I say?

What I was refering to (after you decided to talk tough) is the mothing off of Americans with their uneducated un researched assumptions and then getting all tough when put strait only to find they're not so tough as any of us who have travelled know.

Many a yank backpacker has mouthed off, got tough then had the crap kicked out of them when they need to put strength and spirit where thier mouth is after losing a fight they started and going on what I've seen you post think you'd fall right into that basket.

You're an idiot. You truly are.

Hick.
edit on 23-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

Athoug I have backpacked accross the world for short time and I like it. I am far from a Hick if you even know what one is. I sent ove 3rd of my life as a soldier with a rucksack going from post to post and have met troups from other countries as well.

I care less what you think of me and you are so off base that I believe it is beyond your mental comprehinsion for me to waste my time with you.

I only skim through the posts from time to time to see if conversation has improved but I see it hasn't. We still have the pet Gravitor spewing his Borg statemens over and over that I kinda find funny until he gets into his little rants then I just skip through it all. I havn't paid much attentio to you for obviouse reasons but I may start.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
Listen up everyone.

We have differences, many, many differences.

This much we can agree on.

There is good and bad on both sides, it's part of being human.

It's not fair to tar everyone with the same brush, An old saying that still holds true.

I'm almost sorry for making this thread in the first place.

I wrote the OP from an emotional perspective when i was still dealing with my frustration. I have since made amends and cleared the issue's in my own mind up.

It's safe to ask you to read my OP from the perspective of someone that was feeling hurt and felt the need to un-load somewhere.

Wounds are healed now and i thank the existence of ATS for the chance to vent some frustrations.

So how about you calm down and start trying to find common ground because your clearly not going to change the others mind with insults and accusations.

iT'S INTERESTING THAT THE MOST MILITANT ARGUMENTS HAVE COME FROM THE PRO-CIVILIAN/ANTI MILITARY CAMP.

Just sayin.

I have never had this level of anger, just some hurt feelings.

Chill out.

Half the fun of a forum like ATS is posting a comment, and then watching the crazy stir. A good portion of the people here can't be convinced of anything contrary to what they want to be true

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Your hatred of 'yanks' is one of the strongest I've seen, and I grew up in the Confederate Twilight Zone, aka the Deep South. Now lets make up and be friends before you set up a Hills Have Eyes/Hostel redux in the Outback that leads to another horrible Wes Craven film.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What about folks like me?

I have no formal military training and think I am way different than the majority,,,,(superior). I can be cold and brutal and have just enough rage tucked away for safe keeping that would make Vlad Tepes look mild in a battle scenario.

My training took place around age 1
Many doctor visits (poked and prodded)
Ear infections in the day where they would litterally shove spikes into your ears to drain them.
Suffocating on an operating table for removal of tonsils(Gas mask antethesia...literally experiencing death)
Eyes removed from their sockets at about age 7 for lazy eye muscle surgery.
Braces for my legs (yes like Forrest Gump) to correct splayed feet (inhibiting)

This doesnt count the divorce (absent father and very critical mom) Emotional trauma (some psychic abilities...hyper awareness super strong) Very very kind and mild mannered though. Do not pledge to any group and more advanced than the so called (Lone Wolf) type...because I am not alone and can get along with most and many folks. (Kidlike playful and good sense of humor)

Folks like me are actually more dangerous than any Xe, Special Forces or Seal training could ever produce.
Fortunately a power greater than myself has hacked my programming and i am no longer able to be triggered with sound sight taste touch or smell methods. Yeah sorta like a Jason Bourne.

Last but not least-
Of course I know when you have goons (team) working me out in real world(not paranoia-Hyperawareness..Much different)...and I dont require technologies or a unit working with me to pick you out of the enviroment.

edit on 23-12-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
My god!!!!

What has become of this thread!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
What about folks like me?

I have no formal military training and think I am way different than the majority,,,,(superior). I can be cold and brutal and have just enough rage tucked away for safe keeping that would make Vlad Tepes look mild in a battle scenario.

My training took place around age 1
Many doctor visits (poked and prodded)
Ear infections in the day where they would litterally shove spikes into your ears to drain them.
Suffocating on an operating table for removal of tonsils(Gas mask antethesia...literally experiencing death)
Eyes removed from their sockets at about age 7 for lazy eye muscle surgery.
Braces for my legs (yes like Forrest Gump) to correct splayed feet (inhibiting)

This doesnt count the divorce (absent father and very critical mom) Emotional trauma (some psychic abilities...hyper awareness super strong) Very very kind and mild mannered though. Do not pledge to any group and more advanced than the so called (Lone Wolf) type...because I am not alone and can get along with most and many folks. (Kidlike playful and good sense of humor)

Folks like me are actually more dangerous than any Xe, Special Forces or Seal training could ever produce.
Fortunately a power greater than myself has hacked my programming and i am no longer able to be triggered with sound sight taste touch or smell methods. Yeah sorta like a Jason Bourne.

Last but not least-
Of course I know when you have goons (team) working me out in real world(not paranoia-Hyperawareness..Much different)...and I dont require technologies or a unit working with me to pick you out of the enviroment.

edit on 23-12-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

Ummm, what?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Tisk tisk. Ide like to think you understand completely how the us military system operates, but it seems you dont.

Before i leave for good gravitor, answer me this! Besides ranting on ATS about your opinion of miltary personnel not having balls, what are you doing to change this, since you feel so driven to speak of it on here.

Who are you calling, where have you spoken officially to the people ( not soldiers, try congressman) to change these things? See you can say we have no balls. Hahaha sticks and stones gravitor, but what are you doing. Do you have the balls to go up against them. Lets see it. Show us some proof that you are doing that, and not just ranting on here!

Rule books( miltary code) are for those who cannot face upto their own personal responsibilities, and hide behind a rule book.
This thread is about military training and it's affects on humans, if You want to start a thread about what individuals are doing and how they are trying to best influence a system that now excludes WE THE PEOPLE , then go ahead .
Unless You are running away???
gravitor

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Ok Gravitor,

I can speak from experiance that the military training i have received hasnt turned me into a monster. I was born a caring individual, and havnt changed through 5 deployments. Deployments that yes i was fired upon, and returned fire on. I have a stable mentalilty. Also, i have learned to appriciate the little things in life.

I have alot of patiance and am not easy to upset.

However, i could lose everything and not shed a tear. My view of humanity is a sad one. Ive seen on both sides of the ocean, people who are suffering beyond belief.

Anyway, back again to my military training, nope it hasnt changed me. I am more compassionate, and forgiving than alot of people who have no experiance in the military what so ever.

Let us not forget the hard numbers. Those who have been and are in the military, and those who have not!

We are out numbered.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Have any of you seen this. They showed remarkable restraint IMO.

Sniper shoots one of our Medics

Im not sure how to add the aculual video so click the link.

On subject. Yeah my tours changed me in a lot of ways. For one thing I am way more calm. For a while any sound that resembled a gunshot had me on alert if just for a sec. Amazeingly it hasn't affected me to much even though I was injured to where I could no longer serve. That was the hardest part because I was planning on finishing my carrear. I just couldn't accept that I would never be in the field again. I did have the option of working support but thats not my thing but it was still a tough choice.

Nothing will ever take the place of my old life but I am making the best of this one.

My cousins husband, I feel bad for though he is having problems and he even has a hard time talking to me. He was a battlfield mortician, He never saw combat or had to fire his weapon in defense but he has seen things I couldn't even imagine. I almost pulled a duty with him once and I am glad I never did he has told me he lost two friends because insurgets used to like to boobytrap the bodies of our and theres. They had to attach a Eod unit to them most of the time and my unit was stationed further north so we never crossed pathes there. We were there at the same time but saw two different worlds IMO.

I never could handle being around the dead very well. Before 9-11 Venezuala had some horrible wheather that caused massive mudslides back then we were in the same unit and I vouluntered to go for a month with him and his section. We spent three weeks digging out bodies I am sure some bodies will never be found but that was one of the hardest things I ever did.

He is a great guy and its hard to see him in so much pain but he is getting better it seems he is also one of the most gentle and unhatefull people I know.

The military does have its affects. Trauma of any kind does and it doesn't have to be from war. I try not to think of Venezuala it did change me but aside from me wearing my uniform it had nothing to do with war.

Experiences change people, military training is a experiece as well. Trauma deffinitly changes you any kind of trauma and PTSD is not just limited to the military or soldiers so please do not be ignorant and try to make it out that this is something just for those who have faithfully served there country.

My favorite Quote of all time: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.

The first time I read his speech it inspired me to be more, to be better and went on to join the Military as my father before me had and do my part for my country.

The entire speech

Gravitor I know you are going to say something Assinign but it doesn't matter. You provide me with some ammusment on here because you are so missinformed and missled. If I had the energy or interest I may try to figure you out. I just wonder who screwed you up to where you can't accept the truth when its right in front of you. You remind me of a twisted J.W. talking about there bulletproof, fireproof,knifeproof, underwear. ( They have to know thats BS but insisting its true--or maybe worse is they really do believe it) I hope for yoursake you oneday wake up Gravitor or your life will only get worse. They may even lock you up to figure out whats wrong with you. I say this sincerely because even though you are a huge troll pain in the # I have kinda grown fond of your Borg Manifesto.

To everyone I would like to appologize for my extremly long rant and what I am sure to be many spelling mistakes. I am very tired and I had a surgery today so my vision is blurry so it makes staring at the screen difficult.

edit on 24-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: ..

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitor

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Rule books( miltary code) are for those who cannot face upto their own personal responsibilities, and hide behind a rule book.
This thread is about military training and it's affects on humans, if You want to start a thread about what individuals are doing and how they are trying to best influence a system that now excludes WE THE PEOPLE , then go ahead .
Unless You are running away???
gravitor

Rules are there for a reason, and to pick and choose the ones you want to follow can lead you into unethical behavior very quickly. The Geneva Convention and Law of War are rules just like the Uniform Code of Military Justice (American military law in addition to the civilian penal code) and civilian penal code.

Red light cameras are considered illegal, and universally disliked throughout America. They are almost solely in place to pad the coffers of local municipalities. Just because we do not agree with them does not mean we all 'rise up' and stop paying those fines. People must (and many states and cities already have) legally make their opposition known through petitions, legal proceedings, voting against such measures, and not reelecting the officials responsible.

Inciting the military to break the law is not how you stop deployments. The citizenry must unite, and campaign against continuing the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan if they do not want the military sent there. What is the point of having laws (such as the Geneva Convention as well as the UCMJ which requires you to obey the directives of the President) if you just decide to ignore them when you disagree?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

PLASIFISK buddy I tryed to send you a private message. You still havn't activated your comments yet. I hope you do soon.

Ohh yeah hmmm..... This thread is getting a little stanger huh.

Military a neccesity because it always has been. I don't think bitchen on here about it will ever change things. Anyone dissagree.
edit on 24-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: sc

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My 12 months military traning was great in getting me into a very good shape and to be indoctrinated enough to kill a fellow human being.

And other than that I wouldn't say I have had no problems whatsoeverer!

Perhaps I could be a tiny bit brainwashed enough to take a rifle from the gun-security cabinet and open fire on any intruder who happens to come acrosss my stuff and and property?

No - seriously man! I'd try to help any fellow man that I find, and especially someone who needs help!

Once again from an European perspective, try to help first - shoot later - but always stay frosty and be prepared for anything!

edit on 24-12-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I have WOKE UP, that's why to such as You, I am strange and comical.

www.youtube.com...

The ones in the chairs are now flying the drones, in Fort Brag.
They are been assimilated into the borg, none thinking killers who revel in zooming in on the target, never mind about the young children asleep in their beds.
They do as ordered, and target whoever is TOLD to them is the enemy.
They are murderers.
gravitor

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join