It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Paterno fired as football coach at Penn State

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
This thread should have been ended from the start. Can anyone tell me what Joe Pa has been charged with?
This isn't Florida State or Florida. Anyone? He was fired for what reason? Amazing how our Constitution has failed.
Look at the coaching staff and see who will still be coaching this weekend, the original guy who started this and did nothing to stop it, besides telling Joe Pa.
edit on 11/10/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

He hasn't been charged with anything. This thread isn't restricted to one specific occurrence in the scandal. And how did our constitution fail? If anything it was upheld. PSU has the right to fire employees not living up to their moral standard.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

No, i f you want aliens you need to go to the UFO threads.

Students pay a lot to go to school, even more if its an ivy league school, much less of one with this much prestige. That covers up child abuse and rape. So the administrators of a prestigous school might have the ability to cover up a child sex abuse scandal, and the state and students shouldn't be paying good money to harbor pedophiles.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The difference is that this one was actually brought before the people, and they ruled that Paterno broke no law.

So if failure to report to police is the moral obligation, and failure to report to police is a crime, and the jury found that he broke no law, obviously he fulfilled his moral obligation

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

If you read the grand jury report, the grand jury found that he did not break the law.

That is different than charges being dropped, or charges not filed at all.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by de Thor

No its not outside the realm of football at all. See Joepa is an icon. A lot of people would back Joepa if he was forced to resign simply because they felt he was there too long, and he fought it. This would result in the university losing money and make people lose respect for the university. The board of trustees would not like that idea. And so they bite the bullet and let him stay simply for financial and publicity reasons. Cost vs benefits. I mean if they really wanted him gone they could have gotten rid of him but the mess that would ensue would not be worth it. Still waiting on that example.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Once again you keep proving my point of how much power JoePa had at Penn St.

My example for the second time: when JoePa gave the middle finger to the board when they asked for his resignation. In any other organization that would have been sufficient reason for immediate termination.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I would point out Paterno is getting every benefit of the doubt.

We are all assuming he honestly went to the campus police and unbiasedly reported what happened.

We are also assuming he really didn't believe anything happened and didn't know/suspect anything about his friend.

My bet is he wanted this covered up to keep his schools image.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

People confuse legal requirements with ethics. Regardless of whether legal requirements were met, Paterno's actions were unethical. It's sad so many people think his actions were ok just because they feel he didn't break any laws. Those students who rioted have no ethical core values.

What does Joe have to apologize for? Someone else's actions? Really? I apologize for myself and no one else. I am responsible for myself and can not control any one else's actions.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I say it's good that he was fired!!! He should have reported what he was told to the police, and he didn't, how many kids could he have saved???

I also think McQueary should be fired, I don't understand why they are protecting him, he is the one who saw it and did nothing!!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

I think everyone who knew anything about anything that was going on should be fired! No, Paterno hasn't been charged with anything, but it's more of a moral thing than anything else.

So long Paterno and hope you are not too far behind him McQueary!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

This thread should have been ended from the start. Can anyone tell me what Joe Pa has been charged with?
This isn't Florida State or Florida. Anyone? He was fired for what reason? Amazing how our Constitution has failed.
Look at the coaching staff and see who will still be coaching this weekend, the original guy who started this and did nothing to stop it, besides telling Joe Pa.
edit on 11/10/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

The Constitution doesn't save you from being fired. His employer can fire him for farting in public if they want.

Free market you know.

link   
reply to post by de Thor

Tell me what law is Joe charged with not abiding by? I think the State of Pa. would have him strung up along with the rest of us alumni.

link   
Paterno DID NOT go to the police. From the grand jury report, Victim 2:

Paterno called Tim Curley ("Curley"), Penn State Athletic Director and Paterno's immediate superior, to his home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by de Thor

Tell me what law is Joe charged with not abiding by? I think the State of Pa. would have him strung up along with the rest of us alumni.

I'm not sure... what? He hasn't been charged with anything, and I never said he was. All I said is that PSU had sufficient reason to fire him.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
I say it's good that he was fired!!! He should have reported what he was told to the police . . .

That why he was obviously indicted for failure to report abuse to the authorities after the evidence was presented to a grand jury.

Amirite?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

So you can be fired for flatulence, What if he was black? I guess that is ok also? What if he was a homo? I guess that would not be considered either

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by de Thor

So where is the indictment for the crime?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by de Thor

What is the sufficient reason to fire him?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
25 pages into this and people still don't get that he didn't need to break a law to be fired.

Whether he broke the law or not has nothing to do with his getting fired.

Is that not put plainly enough?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Christ, what in the hell are you talking about? I never said he should be charged; he fulfilled his legal obligation.

He didn't witness the molestation, hence no charges.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

So why was he fired?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
From Penn State to State Penn....lol

The Vatican issued a statement that they were appalled by the Penn State allegations. And they don’t understand why Jerry Sandusky wasn’t immediately transferred to another school.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join