It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We really ARE alone ("Aliens" are not "E.T's" they are "E.D's")

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tbonedude
Title cought my eye...

Now I wish both facebook and ATS had a dislike button...

/facepalm

Jesus/God/Religion in general.. is like santa claus for kids...

I am no professional, nor am I a CLPrime clone (much respect to him btw) but.. I only believe in 4 dimensions, 11 if you count string theory, but those other 7 dimensions so to speak.. are pure mathmatical equations...and only added to make the theory plausable/workable..

Just for the record.. there is far more evidence for life elsewhere in the universe of any flavor, be it intelligent, or microbiological then there is for god, or ED's as you call them..

I would much rather believe my fairy tale that aliens still could exist then to conform into religion.. i'd even go as far to say i'd trust my government before being baptised. Thats sad.

Completely agree with this guy.

But he's just a troll since in this thread since he doesn't just believe the words written in the bible without rhyme or reason.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tbonedude

You act like a kid with that response, in fact I would not be surprised if you was still at high school.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

That is a computer graphic and not a real image how am I supposed to believe that?

I bet you didn't even read the article did you? I was not talking about the little picture on the web page but the actual article. This planet could well be able to harbor life as it is in a very similar position in it's solar system to what earth is in ours.

Now how are you supposed to believe that? But you do believe what the government tells you?
There are no pictures or photo's of other dimensions either, nor are there pictures of ED's.

PS.

The bible also doesn't contain photographs.

edit on 9-11-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: to add

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Also OP...

Since you're so dead-set on the idea that "E.D.s" are fallen angels...
Why do you believe they are fallen angels?
You seem to really be banking on the idea that there are angels.

Did you know that in the Torah the word which translates to "angel" in the bible is literally the word "messanger?"

I'm willing to bet you didn't, even with all your hours of research.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by tbonedude

You act like a kid with that response, in fact I would not be surprised if you was still at high school.

How exactly is he acting like a kid? Because he doesn't believe in things that have no fact to back them up?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix

That is a computer graphic and not a real image how am I supposed to believe that?

I bet you didn't even read the article did you? I was not talking about the little picture on the web page but the actual article. This planet could well be able to harbor life as it is in a very similar position in it's solar system to what earth is in ours.

Now how are you supposed to believe that? But you do believe what the government tells you?
There are no pictures or photo's of other dimensions either, nor are there pictures of ED's.

PS.

"Could well be able to" is alot different than "can" i would not be surprised if that planet is dead.

"nor are there pictures of EDs" -- I guess that's debatable.

"The bible also doesn't contain photographs" what's your point? are you trying to make one?

Those who believe life evolved on the earth usually see it as virtual ‘fact’ that life has evolved on countless other planets. Because discovering life on other planets would in turn be seen as confirming their evolutionary belief.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I could go into detail.. I am very much spiritual.. and I long for a creator.. though.. im not sure I will ever find him or her.. or it for that matter..

There is alot of issues with the bible.. and though I did not express that I dont believe it, you are correct in your asumption. My 2 main issues with the bible are simple, but complex.

Numbero uno - Missing from the bible.. the time of jesus.. IIRC he went from 17 to 31 in just a few chapters... Seriousally.. adult hood is kinda important.. any logical story writer would've included as much information as possible in this time period...

And .. w/e 2 is in spanglish... The bible has been rewritten by man. Rewritten to reflect changes in power, belief or anyting else.. How many times has the KJB been rewritten alone.. 7? 8?

I want to believe in a god, I do.. I've 'seen' my uncle.. and hes been dead for years.. as well as i've had many religious experiences.. but none of them make me believe that Jesus is both my savior and the son of God.

I for one, dont believe in coincidences.. everything happens for a reason.. and thats researchers are born to find these answers. Seeing that the same story from the bible (2000 year old story) matches the story told in the epic of gilgamesh (at least 5,000 years old) as well as every other religion, just names and practices are changed.. the story is self is the same. Hense why I want to believe.

Meh, far from a troll. Though, I guess by definition I did troll a bit here.. I read the first post, and first page, but then realised this is a religious thread.. just had to give my two cents.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

Read my other thread and you'll find out why.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Title cought my eye...

@OP(RG) You lost me in the first sentence.. two words in the same sentence.. Official and Government.

Well you should have kept reading because I went on to say I don't trust what they say.

I could go into detail.. I am very much spiritual.. and I long for a creator.. though.. im not sure I will ever find him or her.. or it for that matter..

Why are you being dishonest here? if you longed for your creator you would not have been so quick to assume the bible is "like santa claus for kids" you have obviously been brainwashed by secular society to think that way. Because I only became a Christian about 2 months ago and I looked at everything with an open mind and not once did I attack Christ like you have done when I was still discovering my faith.

Originally posted by tbonedudeNumbero uno - Missing from the bible.. the time of jesus.. IIRC he went from 17 to 31 in just a few chapters... Seriousally.. adult hood is kinda important.. any logical story writer would've included as much information as possible in this time period...

So according to you that invalidates the bible? You realize the bible is not a story ether, that it's a historical document?

Originally posted by tbonedudeAnd .. w/e 2 is in spanglish... The bible has been rewritten by man. Rewritten to reflect changes in power, belief or anyting else.. How many times has the KJB been rewritten alone.. 7? 8?

King james version only was not rewritten it had some grammatical erros that were corrected and that's why their is 3 versions as far as im aware.

Originally posted by tbonedudeI want to believe in a god, I do.. I've 'seen' my uncle.. and hes been dead for years.. as well as i've had many religious experiences.. but none of them make me believe that Jesus is both my savior and the son of God.

Well if you have seen your uncle then you have had your first experience with the demonic. As the bible says the dead cannot contact the living.

Originally posted by tbonedudeI for one, dont believe in coincidences.. everything happens for a reason..

Then why would you believe in evilution?

Originally posted by tbonedudeSeeing that the same story from the bible (2000 year old story) matches the story told in the epic of gilgamesh (at least 5,000 years old) as well as every other religion, just names and practices are changed.. the story is self is the same. Hense why I want to believe.

The new testament is roughly 2000 years old or so but the old testament is much older, infact its the oldest known historical record known to man. The epic of pic of gilgamesh was most likely copyed from the bible.
edit on 9-11-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Read my other thread and you'll find out why.

I read your other posts when I first saw this one. None of them made any more sense, and they just refered to more opinion, bible verses, and youtube videos without any citation whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

PS.

"Could well be able to" is alot different than "can" i would not be surprised if that planet is dead.

"nor are there pictures of EDs" -- I guess that's debatable.

"The bible also doesn't contain photographs" what's your point? are you trying to make one?

Those who believe life evolved on the earth usually see it as virtual ‘fact’ that life has evolved on countless other planets. Because discovering life on other planets would in turn be seen as confirming their evolutionary belief.

He's saying there are no pictures in the bible because you looked at his picture and said "That's a computer generated image, how am I supposed to believe that?"

Well, he was refering you to the text, not the image.

Also, he was saying that if you believe things based upon images, then by that logic you shouldn't believe in the bible's "teachings."

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

"Could well be able to" is a lot different than "can" i would not be surprised if that planet is dead.

And I wouldn't be surprised if you were brain dead. It's a possibility. IF it is "dead", that would imply that it "once was alive". It's there and cannot be denied. No matter how fast you spin your bull#.

Because discovering life on other planets would in turn be seen as confirming their evolutionary belief.

Oh no! (gasp) Now that would be a sin, wouldn't it?!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I did, if you read my second reply.. and your asumption of a kid, is well.. close I guess.

Graduated H/S Dropped from college and starting my own business.. 22, own apartment, kid on the way..

Like I was saying... I dont deny the story, or a creator, or any of that.. I simply deny the bible as TRUTH.. because its clearly been changed, and turned into other religions to spread the same word.. thats my main issue with religion..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
OP, the current pope acknowledged the fact that ETs could exist.. I'm sure it will be added to the bible soon.. So why don't you believe that? Is it not your brand of christianity?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

Thank you! I wouldn't have had the patience...

And btw- I'm a "she"..not that it matters really..

How many more girly colors do i need in my Avatar??

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I did, if you read my second reply.. and your asumption of a kid, is well.. close I guess.

Graduated H/S Dropped from college and starting my own business.. 22, own apartment, kid on the way..

Like I was saying... I dont deny the story, or a creator, or any of that.. I simply deny the bible as TRUTH.. because its clearly been changed, and turned into other religions to spread the same word.. thats my main issue with religion..

Ding-ding-ding-ding! 100% right!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Thank you! I wouldn't have had the patience...

And btw- I'm a "she"..not that it matters really..

How many more girly colors do i need in my Avatar??

I'm colorblind, but baby pink might help.

Also, I'd have that avatar if I found it first and wasn't too lazy to add an avatar.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

OP, the current pope acknowledged the fact that ETs could exist.. I'm sure it will be added to the bible soon.. So why don't you believe that? Is it not your brand of christianity?

Maybe in there bible but not in the inspired King James Version. Catholicism is not Christianity and I could care less what a current cult leader says.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I have historical evidence all you have is a news article.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Um...its not "You act like a kid with that response, in fact I would not be surprised if you was still at high school"

It's..."You act like a kid with that response.(PERIOD). I (CAPITOL LETTER)n fact, (COMMA) would not be surprised if you WERE(not WAS) still (IN...not AT) High School.(PERIOD)"

Oh. And one CAN deny Jesus...AND accept ignorance. (Not my feelings, just supporting others who may).

PS And the Universe is TEEMING with life...and not demons and fallen angels.

Stay in school. Blessings!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join