It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Rock

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Has everyone heard of Chris Rock? I was wondering if some of the members from other countries have heard of him. He is a very funny comedian in my opinion. He has been in a bunch of movies and has two very popular stand-up acts, "Bring the Pain" and "Bigger and Blacker". I think they are so funny, especially since most everything he says its true, he just points out the humor and irony in things.

Here's one of his more recent qoutes:

*"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best
golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the
America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to
go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', Dick',
and 'Colon'. Need I say more?"

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
LOL Thats great. Chris Rock is hilarious. He was great in Dogma.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I've always liked Chris Rock, he's a very funny guy.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
LOL! Now that is funny stuff. Chris Rock is great!

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Has anyone else seen his new movie, "Head of State"? It's hilarious. I haven't seen a good comedy for a while and I laughed a lot! I will say that the first half wasn't as good as the 2nd half, when Bernie Mac shows up. He's classic!

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I just died laughing at this:
and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', Dick',
and 'Colon'. Need I say more?"

Too funny!!
Good find~
Magestica

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hey, Bernie Mac is awesome. Ever watch his show?
Also, Cedric is soo funny (check out his show on FOX).

--ANDY

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The Bernie Mac show has me howling in laughter! I love it!
Chris Rock does a funny routine on gun control basically saying the bullets should be $1,000/piece, and becasue of this there'd be less drive-by shootings and alot more drive-by threatening!

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm just trying to imagine TC watching Bernie Mac, lol!

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
the best rapper is not white and the best basketball player is not chinese that ruins the joke for me until you get down to the bush, dick, and colon...i find Chris Rock to be funny as hell sometimes others i think he's in black face playing to a white crowd.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm just trying to imagine TC watching Bernie Mac, lol!

The Bernie Mac Show is like Cosby and Married with Children. There are aspects of all to which I relate. Bernie is the funniest of them all, though.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
He said the TALLEST, not the Best, Basketball Player was Chinese....
And you could classify Eminem as the best Rapper strictly going by current chart standing, etc. "Best" is a subjective term at best, but it wouldn't make the joke as funny....lighten up...

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
the best rapper is not white and the best basketball player is not chinese that ruins the joke for me until you get down to the bush, dick, and colon...

Lighten up Saph, he said the tallest player is Chinese which is very true and as far as the best rapper goes, I would agree that is an opinion, but if you go by CD sales Eminem had the top two selling CD sales with "8 mile" and "The Eminem Show" last month.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
That's funny Gaz, guess we were typing the same thing at the same time !!

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
okay i'll give you Yao but Eminem is still not the best emcee and never will be reguardless of how many sells he racks up...John Tesh went platinum, need i say more?

is that light enough? no prolly not.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   
since Chris Rock was the one making the statement, if he thinks Eminem is the best rapper, then it's a true statement. best is always used describing opinion, not fact as has been mentioned by gazrok and PA

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
John Tesh ain't bad!

He's actually an extremely talented composer, and pianist...right up there with Yanni (of course, if you like that stuff)....

I'll admit, I was pretty skeptical of Tesh when I first heard about it, but already being a Yanni fan, I listened to his stuff, and he's pretty good...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Has anyone seen Rock's new movie Head of State? It's his directorial debut, he casts himself as an idealistic young black American who finds himself running for president. It also has Bernie Mac, who is his older brother and VP running mate and Tommy Lee Jones as an FBI officer, no surprise there. It comes out on DVD this week, anyone catch it in the movies?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   
He was funny in "Bad Company"......

LMAO...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join