It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth...we don't have a problem? (YU55 confirmed)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Newz2387

2005 YU55 will be making its close approach almost a full 24 hours before the emergency alert test, the tsunami test, and any other test or even occurring on the 9th. This is an asteroid whose orbit has been plotted for the next 100 years at least and it has been found to pose no threat. Also, how many more threads do we need on this thing? At least with Elenin every thread had its own crazy theory. With 2005 YU55 though it's just the same thing over and over again.

Yes but they plotted it's orbit when they thought it was 175M big.. Which surely means now it is 400M the trajectory has to be revised ? But no data shows this.. so we are to believe size has no effect on trajectory?

Elenin is part of YU55 anyway ! Eleven nine 11/9 .. Come on they are basically taunting us (leonid Elenin!) 'Leonid's !' "The Leonids get their name from the location of their radiant in the constellation Leo: the meteors appear to radiate from that point in the sky. They tend to peak in NOVEMBER."

en.wikipedia.org...

I think it is a very sane and measured reaction to the closest near miss of an object this large on record..

This will hit the Pacific wipe out Hawaii with many world leaders and CEO's will be for APEC and then we will have afresh start for the New World Order which will be run by the same people who screwed us over last time..

All these conspiracies need to be seen as whole.. You can't have a wrong forum to discuss any of these issues because they are intertwined.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here is the YU55 from it's 2010 pass

www.slas.us...

Surprised this has not been in the media..

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mockrock

Elenin was a comet with an orbital period of over 10,000 years. 2005 YU55 is an asteroid that has been seen numerous times since its discovery and has an orbit a little over one year. How are you trying to claim these things are one and the same? All you people that are worrying about 2005 YU55 are doing is the same thing that was done with Elenin. You're making fantastic leaps in logic and looking for connections where there are none just so you can create a conspiracy. If you took all this energy you're spending trying to prove 2005 YU55 is going to impact Earth and instead devoted it to learning astronomy and using a telescope you might realize there's more the the Universe than "Oh my God! We're all going to die!"

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by douglas82391
If an aircraft carrier sized Asteroid hit Earth I believe at least half of the worlds population would die.

No.

But I wouldn't want to be within 100 miles of it.

Originally posted by douglas82391
If the asteroid hit the water instead...well that's a different story

That would likely be worse--Tsunami, and much of earth's human population hovers around coastlines.

edit on 5-11-2011 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Elenin was a comet with an orbital period of over 10,000 years. 2005 YU55 is an asteroid that has been seen numerous times since its discovery and has an orbit a little over one year. How are you trying to claim these things are one and the same? All you people that are worrying about 2005 YU55 are doing is the same thing that was done with Elenin. You're making fantastic leaps in logic and looking for connections where there are none just so you can create a conspiracy. If you took all this energy you're spending trying to prove 2005 YU55 is going to impact Earth and instead devoted it to learning astronomy and using a telescope you might realize there's more the the Universe than "Oh my God! We're all going to die!"

No. Now you are trying to confuse people...

Leonid Elenin was a name used as code for what is to come with YU55

The comet Elenin is not the same object, nothing to do with YU55 in the physical sense.. But the name was picked to warn the people who are in the loop.

Elenin Comet ... Yu55 is an asteroid. Separate.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Hello

I was wondering if you could please explain your post. What exactly do you mean by "Soft land?" And what do you mean that it doesn't look natural?

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newz2387
Never heard of that 1 (apophis) just researched it and thx. Russian scientist are saying that this one could/will hit in 2036...Ill probably still be alive to witness that 1 too. I would be 49 or 50, depending on when it would hit Earth. Either way, think we really would last that long?

I can remember growing up in the 80s, and hearing about something traveling in space, headed toward the Earth. A giant asteroid....and it was to impact around the the year 3000. Everybody pretty much brushed it off; we'd all be dead.

Then, around the 90s, it was ti impact around 2075...because it had been picking up speed.....

At the beginning of this decade, it was said to impact around 2050.....speed is really picking up!

As of last year, I learned that the asteroid was called, "Apophis" and that its new due date, after gaining tremendous speed, is April 13, 2029.

I have been very interested in Apophis....its picking up so much speed and its trajectory is now more 'Earth-oriented"....its chances of impact are now much higher.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
It's got me a little uneasy personally. I've been watching it for months. Elenin never worried me, but this one does. A little fear is a good thing when it comes to objects such as YU55. With no fear, we wouldn't try to figure out how to deflect such objects in the future.

This just shows that there really is a need for not only a space program, but a need for asteroid detection and ways to defend ourselves when we get an actual hit someday. (2036)

Plus I do not trust NASA or JPL's calculations enough to blow this one off.

I'm just glad that it is getting some attention, if nothing else to keep the pressure on the worlds space programs to do something about it for the next time.

I agree. Strange how NASA has labeled this one 'potentially dangerous", even though they state that it 'absolutely will not impact Earth'.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
Tommorow night "FX Network" is showing "Armageddon".....

Coincedence?????

A movie about an Asteroid hitting earth, less than 24 hrs before an Asteroid passes earth.....

Hmmmmmmmm

I thought it was cool last that the History channel and the science channel showed "The Universe: Asteroids".

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
No offense to all of you, but the way you guys make it seem is if the Asteroid hits earth we will all die.... You all just have to calm down, seriously. I know that NASA stated that it will pass and not hit earth, but think of it this way. The government wouldn't want to tell the public that an Asteroid will hit earth, it would make all you fear mongering nerds out there go insane. Also they're having the Emergency Broadcast as a precaution obviously, and this is a good time for one if an Asteroid like YU55 is going to pass through earths atmosphere or even close to it. Going to say it again though, you all have to calm down because there is a better chance of it landing in the ocean than it hitting a populated area.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I'm trying to confuse people? You're the one claiming that Leonid Yelenin's name is a code. Throughout all of the Elenin threads it was shown that this is not an uncommon name in Russia. There are many Leonids, including former premier Leonid Brezhnev. We have also shown that his surname is not uncommon, and in fact there are a number of towns and landmarks that bear the name. So, why do you keep trying to fearmonger by telling people his name is a code? After 2005 YU55 passes are you going to start claiming that Elenin and 2005 YU55 were actually hinting towards 2000 YA's close approach? 2005 YU55 is no threat and it doesn't even make its close approach on the same day as all of your "coincidences" so why do you keeping hyping it up to be something it isn't?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Apophis has not been speeding up. For one it wasn't discovered until 2004, so you couldn't have heard about it in the 80s. Second, its orbit never takes it far. In fact it completes an orbit in less than a year. Also, it's tiny. So, even if it did impact us in 2036 (it won't) it wouldn't be an ELE.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rkoje18
No offense to all of you, but the way you guys make it seem is if the Asteroid hits earth we will all die.... You all just have to calm down, seriously. I know that NASA stated that it will pass and not hit earth, but think of it this way. The government wouldn't want to tell the public that an Asteroid will hit earth, it would make all you fear mongering nerds out there go insane. Also they're having the Emergency Broadcast as a precaution obviously, and this is a good time for one if an Asteroid like YU55 is going to pass through earths atmosphere or even close to it. Going to say it again though, you all have to calm down because there is a better chance of it landing in the ocean than it hitting a populated area.

Landing in the oceans would be a bigger problem and also maybe it wouldn't take out all of Earths population. Even still, we would all be affected in one way or another. You wouldn't rather know ahead of time so you can prepare your goodbye's to friends and family? Would you rather your child be at school and it happen. Not trying to sound rude or discount anything you have said. I would just rather know and have my child with me in my arms alongside my wife

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Apophis has not been speeding up. For one it wasn't discovered until 2004, so you couldn't have heard about it in the 80s. Second, its orbit never takes it far. In fact it completes an orbit in less than a year. Also, it's tiny. So, even if it did impact us in 2036 (it won't) it wouldn't be an ELE.

"Apophis was discovered on June 19, 2004, by Roy A. Tucker, David J. Tholen and Fabrizio Bernardi and the Kitt Peak National Observatory.[1] Precovery observations from March 15, 2004, were identified on December 27, and an improved orbit was computed."-Wikipedia

...just to confirm

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We all know if an asteroid hits earth it's going to hit Japan.. Those guys have had no luck this year..

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Originally posted by mockrock

This will hit the Pacific wipe out Hawaii with many world leaders and CEO's will be for APEC and then we will have afresh start for the New World Order which will be run by the same people who screwed us over last time..

All these conspiracies need to be seen as whole.. You can't have a wrong forum to discuss any of these issues because they are intertwined.

For personal reasons, I'm wondering how you can unequivocally state that "this will hit the Pacific wipe out Hawaii"?

Is this just a hunch, or do you have any evidence of this?

If you do have evidence, I would certainly like to hear of it.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
We all know if an asteroid hits earth it's going to hit Japan.. Those guys have had no luck this year..

And then the houses will float over to the coast of cali and bring more radiation with it

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
Originally posted by mockrock

For personal reasons, I'm wondering how you can unequivocally state that "this will hit the Pacific wipe out Hawaii"?

Is this just a hunch, or do you have any evidence of this?

If you do have evidence, I would certainly like to hear of it.

Whats the site to enter in the calculation with asteroids/comets to see where it will it?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Hi Phage.....I mean, Xcalibur254......

Everyone in the 80s remembers what I'm talking about.

It was named in 2004, because they could see a near Earth collision.

Objects in space do gain speed as they travel, unless they are in orbit.
edit on 5-11-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newz2387

"Apophis was discovered on June 19, 2004, by Roy A. Tucker, David J. Tholen and Fabrizio Bernardi and the Kitt Peak National Observatory.[1] Precovery observations from March 15, 2004, were identified on December 27, and an improved orbit was computed."-Wikipedia

...just to confirm

is a near-Earth asteroid that caused a brief period of concern in December 2004 because initial observations indicated a small probability (up to 2.7%) that it would strike the Earth in 2029.

Either way, we heard of SOME asteroid that had been traveling toward the Earth during the 80s.

edit on 5-11-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join