It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland : second Iraq war veteran in intensive care after police clashes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here we go again...

Occupy Oakland: second Iraq war veteran injured after police clashes

Kayvan Sabehgi in intensive care with a lacerated spleen after protests in Oakland, a week after Scott Olsen was hurt. He says police beat him with batons

A second Iraq war veteran has suffered serious injuries after clashes between police and Occupy movement protesters in Oakland.

Kayvan Sabehgi, who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, is in intensive care with a lacerated spleen. He says he was beaten by police close to the Occupy Oakland camp, but despite suffering agonising pain, did not reach hospital until 18 hours later.

Sabehgi, 32, is the second Iraq war veteran to be hospitalised following involvement in Oakland protests. Another protester, Scott Olsen, suffered a fractured skull on 25 October.

More felonies by cops... I mean that's not just a ``little beating`` that gets you into intensive care, that's cops going at it like mad dogs.

PROSECUTIONS OF THOSE COPS, WHEN DO THEY BEGIN?
edit on 4-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Sabehgi said he had not been in the occupied building, and was walking away from the main area of trouble when he was injured. He said he had his arms folded and was "totally peaceful" before being arrested

OP source

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Lemme guess his personal website IhatetheUSarmy.net

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My thoughts and payers go out to this veteran....
kx)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This guy was in serious pain and the nurse told him to take a suppository? What the heck is that all about. Surely there is something wrong with allowing a person to writhe in agony for hours and not get him to a hospital or at least trying to find out what is wrong without saying "Oh you'll be fine. Go stick this up your ### and shut up."
I agree that there should be charges filed against the badged thugs.

We are living in dark times indeed.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
...the police are MESSING with FIRE at these events lately...

Simple equation: Veterans > police. By a long shot.

...messing with fire...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Police are such cowards. No, not them all.. just these ones who attack in groups, with weapons.
It is sad they are rarely held accountable for their actions. Then if one of these guys gets killed during duty, he gets a special funeral.

As long as they get paid, they will be the a main weapon against our freedom.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hmm. So I wonder. If a second granny-in-a-wheelchair got put in the hospital by the cops over OWS, would all the other grannys-in-a-wheelchair come wobbling forth to save the world? Or maybe a second ninja gets smacked down, and all of Ben Fulford's 2,000 ninjas will spring into action? Or maybe...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
These veterans only matter to you people because they're participating in OWS.

If they are actually serving the country or aren't part of OWS then you people would be screaming about them being baby killers, murderers and what ever other anti-service member garbage you all spew..You use the veteran status as a symbol trying to siphon off the legitimacy of it while simultaneously holding contempt for the very actions that made it possible for you OWS people to use them like pawns in your stupid little propaganda war.

You make me sick.

edit on 4-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

If they are actually serving the country or aren't part of OWS then you people would be screaming about them being baby killers, murderers and what ever other anti-service member garbage you all spew..You use the veteran status as a symbol trying to siphon off the legitimacy of it while simultaneously holding contempt for the very actions that made it possible for you OWS people to use them like the pawns in your stupid little propaganda war.

Veterans mate.
A veteran making a "Ihatemarines" website is obviously a veteran who has woken up.

Do you think that the majority of 'these' veterans who 'where' baby killers who are protesting for OWS have not woken up?
It's quiet evident that if a 'veteran' was still 'brainwashed' they would definitely not be supporting this movement.

You also edited your post, so I have not incorporated the rest of your post but I'm sure it's as flawed as the original unedited post.

Good day to you sir.
edit on 4-11-2011 by WiZKiD111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WiZKiD111

Oh please.

Woken up?

They are welcome to their opinions, but they are not the majority.
It is the same OWS people that pigeon hole US Service members
and then turn around and use the service they denigrate to their own
political ends. It's truly hypocrisy in action.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

If they are actually serving the country or aren't part of OWS then you people would be screaming about them being baby killers, murderers and what ever other anti-service member garbage you all spew..You use the veteran status as a symbol trying to siphon off the legitimacy of it while simultaneously holding contempt for the very actions that made it possible for you OWS people to use them like the pawns in your stupid little propaganda war.

You make me sick.

Honestly, I just find it sad that anyone on any side of the OWS movement has been hurt....

Cops, protestors, passer by's or anyone else.... I find it sad that anyone has been hurt.

And for the record, I have never once called any soldier a bad name. I have the utmost respect for each and everyone one of them, regardless of their opinion on OWS or anything else.

Does that make you sick to?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I'm currently in the US Army.

I hear it all the time from OWS people. How evil I am.

And then not but a few minutes later I see them exploiting the service of someone else for their political gains. That makes me sick.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Oh please.

Woken up?

They are welcome to their opinions, but they are not the majority.
It is the same OWS people that pigeon hole US Service members
and then turn around and use the service they denigrate to their own
political ends. It's truly hypocrisy in action.

So you completely avoided a rebut to my statement.

Somebody who previously served in the army and is protesting with the OWS supporters makes it a lot more plausible that they 'have woken up' then somebody serving in the army.
Scrap that, you can't serve in the army and claim yourself to be enlightened, that's a joke.

edit on 4-11-2011 by WiZKiD111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Where was your outrage for the last decade when they were get shot at blown up in Iraq and Aghansitan? Oh i get it just pick up that little ole Veteran title and use them as props to justify that little political cause named OWS.

Yeah you people are the 99% because 99% of the time your calling the murders,baby killers and other names until that 1% rolls around.

I agree with Project Sickening and Pathetic using anything and everything to "justify" petty hatred of people just trying to do their jobs.
edit on 4-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Well, let me put it this way... I support the idea of OWS... Not the way things are being done though. I do not like the fact that they are being infiltrated by groups and people trying to gain control for their own agendas....

But, I do think changes need to be made... Which is why I support the IDEA of OWS.... If that makes sense... It is full of problems...But there are those within the movement who are pure and who have nothing but the best intentions....

Those are the OWSers that I support.....

And I have nothing but the utmost respect for you as a soldier..... So for you to lump all OWSers into one pile, suggesting that they all bad mouth the soldiers and then turn around and use certain soldiers as a symbol...It's not very fair...

I don't do that and for that reason, I don't appreciate being lumped in with the idiots that do that.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Somebody who previously served in the army and is protesting with the OWS supporters makes it a lot more plausible that they 'have woken up' then somebody serving in the army.Scrap that, you can't serve in the army and claim yourself to be enlightened, that's a joke.

Yep, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Service members are worthless to you unless they serve your purposes.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I don't do that and for that reason, I don't appreciate being lumped in with the idiots that do that.

Understood. And you are absolutely right.

But I'm sure you can understand why i reacted this way considering the problems I've faced with many of the OWS proponents here.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Somebody who previously served in the army and is protesting with the OWS supporters makes it a lot more plausible that they 'have woken up' then somebody serving in the army.Scrap that, you can't serve in the army and claim yourself to be enlightened, that's a joke.

Yep, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Service members are worthless to you unless they serve your purposes.

Not my purpose, their own purpose.
You have a good ability at twisting concepts.

Nobody tells them to support the OWS protests, nobody.
They DO get told to go into Iraq over WMD and kill everybody though.

How can you not see what you're preaching is blatantly wrong?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Where was your outrage for the last decade when they were get shot at blown up in Iraq and Aghansitan? Oh i get it just pick up that little ole Veteran title and use them as props to justify that little political cause named OWS.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my outrage for that, started in around 2005. I admit, like most, I was in support of invading Iraq, at the start, back on 03. But as it started to be revealed that Iraq had nothing to do with anything/

I found that very disrespectful to our soldiers who were putting their life on the line. As well as to the people of the US who were being lied to about the reasons for being over there and to the people of Iraq and Afghanistan.

And as for picking up the veterans and using them as props. Please see my previous statements.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join