It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi is a Kosher product.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
given that it makes no difference whatsoever to the taste, or composition of the food, and has more to do with the way in which products are handled and animals are reared, I have to ask the simple question - why on earth does it matter?

its a non issue. its not as if anything is altered.

erm, it isn't a non issue to these kosher fanatics, is it

*shakes head*

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
interesting topic so far. oh by the way coke tends to be koshered as well
, after all can't force a religious group to drink the crappy pepsi instead of coke.

i will say that i have seen kosher items all my life in north America, generally only during holidays unless i go into an "ethnic" food store like are all over catering to the foods of different parts of the world. yet what i have been seeing is that in recent years that halal foods are now showing up in common stores everyday. in fact at some major grocery and big box stores especially wal-mart, that halal food is almost all they now serve at the hot/ready food counter. now i do actually prefer meat that is slaughtered as either kosher or halal due to the fact that they try to insure that meat is properly killed and blood drained out properly unlike most un kosher/halal meat. unfortunately i do not like the spices they use so i'm out of luck at the hot counter.

the one thing i haven't seen mentioned yet i think is the more interesting point that almost goes right along with the op's original feelings. the thing about being "forced" to eat foods dedicated to a god not of your choice. within Jewish law there is a specific command NOT to eat foods dedicated to other gods, ie eating part of a sacrifice to another god. a bible person could probably tell you chapter and verse where it is, unfortunately it would take me all day to find it. i wonder if the Muslims have a smiler law and if a Jew can eat halal, or a Muslim can eat kosher, even tho it's my understanding that both dietary laws are almost identical.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by grandnic

I find it funny ... I'd trust the rabbi too. Which says much about the perceived quality of our own food inspectors I guess. Or maybe how much common people distrust even the simplest of governmental agencies.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

That 2nd part couldnt have gotten any closer to my own thoughts of the OP if I had written the same words myself!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by grandnic

I find it funny ... I'd trust the rabbi too. Which says much about the perceived quality of our own food inspectors I guess. Or maybe how much common people distrust even the simplest of governmental agencies.

Rather trust a rabbi than the FDA anyday.

Hell, I'd trust a Rabbi with pretty much anything he says over, pretty much anyone. And I'm not even Jewish.

Something about the trust of a man who feels their soul is at stake sits better with me than a guy who feels that only a few dollars or a few moments or his time are at stake.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
making stuff kosher is just a marketing decision. why cut off a huge portion of the market if you could simply comply with kosher standards if its not changing anything taste wise?

why dont people get that this is capitalism? you dont like any aspect of a product then its your right to not buy it. you dont like it? move to the competitor.

if it becomes a big enough hit to sales im sure pepsi can make an alternative. hey,maybe they can call it Pepsi Idiot!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

You heard wrong:

www.coca-cola.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I worked at a slaughterhouse in 1990 and on 1 day every two weeks they'd have a Rabbi come in who did the Kosher kills. He'd take his knife and slit the cows throats while they were hung from the roof. He only had to slice a hundred or so cows throats.

He got paid $80,000 a year from just that facility. Drove a nice BMW.

If Pepsi has a "Kosher" certification.....you buying Pepsi ends up paying some Rabbi to certify it.

Smart Israeli's aren't they?

Christians could start their own twist saying their religious folk need to "certify" foods......thus enriching the Christian faith via $$$$$.....and forcing the end of Genetically Modified Foods/Animals.

Make it so. Somebody here must need a job.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I just finished a quick check in my kitchen, and it start to sound bad for me.

Except some pickles and that frakking Pepsi no products are Kosher certified in my fridge.

Think i have to give you that one. I don't expect different results at my store.

Very cool. I want you to know that I appreciate your being willing to admit it if you are wrong. Assuming the results are the same at the store, and I do believe they will be.

Not a lot of people are willing to do that as if they think it is bad to be wrong. It's not. It is how the learning process works. I am the first to admit that I am wrong plenty of times!

So major respect points for you on this one.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Judaism is not a race & in regards to the rest of this post ... SO ******* what .. quit drinking it if you don't like it ... simple

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

Your biggest issue with Christmas is people eating ham? Good grief...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by youwouldknow
I must be the only one that can see an Eye in that Logo of theirs....
Hmmmmm.... Just saying.

What exactly is it that you are saying though?

I am looking at every single one of their logo's and I see nothing that resembles an eye... Just something that evolved from a bottle cap design....

So....What is it that you are saying because last time I checked, eyes and bottle caps are two very different things.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

1. You do have a choice, if you find this offensive drink Coke.

2. Kosher does not mean a Rabbi blessed something, just that the food was prepared in a way abiding by Jewish Law. It is not the same as if they put a cross on it saying it was made with blessed holy water.

Its just good business sense for Pepsi to do this

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Goes to show whar the kosher label is worth not being funded in science. Avoid pig, not the worst advice. Pepsi is a soda and makes the blood highly acidic. Once in a while... Listen to scientists over the priest or rabbi.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

Your going to feel real smart once you realize you've been "forced " to eat kosher salt all your life.

Not a big deal man seriously.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hershey's brand is Kosher!

Kosher Candy!

Some people question the importance of "Kosher" while the general Jewish population is only a few million?

It must be the fees and the general political perception.

umm boy Almond Joy

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
MSG is used in kosher food -- and some MSG is made with enzymes that come from pork.

The Japanese company has acknowledged the use of an enzyme extracted from pork in the process of producing the seasoning product but have denied that the end-product contains pig meat, which Moslems are forbidden to consume. The enzyme was used only in the process of production, a company official said. Ajinomoto food taste enhancers contain "frocine" - an enzyme extracted from pork.

The Indonesian government ordered the monosodium glutamate-based seasoning to be withdrawn from stores after a religious group that certifies foods issued warnings about it. Withdrawal of the product from the market must be completed within three weeks from January 3.

Pork MSG

Avoiding MSG

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

I was talking about the COR logo on the pepsi cans. So I was the only one who saw the eye.
Look at it a bit closer.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hershey's brand is Kosher!

Yes and No. The Kosher products is part a special Nutrition products.

Unlike Pepsi you do have a choice to get your chocolate bar Kosher or not.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
MSG is used in kosher food -- and some MSG is made with enzymes that come from pork.

The Japanese company has acknowledged the use of an enzyme extracted from pork in the process of producing the seasoning product but have denied that the end-product contains pig meat, which Moslems are forbidden to consume. The enzyme was used only in the process of production, a company official said. Ajinomoto food taste enhancers contain "frocine" - an enzyme extracted from pork.

The Indonesian government ordered the monosodium glutamate-based seasoning to be withdrawn from stores after a religious group that certifies foods issued warnings about it. Withdrawal of the product from the market must be completed within three weeks from January 3.

Pork MSG

Avoiding MSG
Reading that closer, it's not saying that MSG is made with pork, it's saying that this particular MSG-based seasoning product is made with pork.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join