It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi is a Kosher product.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

I am sure should I make a product and bung a label on it statint "100% dirty western person OK!" Id get as far as the first day with MY freedom before some group lobbied me to hell.

And, so how many foods do you think with a label like that even a westerner would buy?

These foods are not being forced on you at all. This is also nothing new. I am in my 50's and I can remember eating foods that were stamped as kosher while I was a young child.

Now, who can resist a Clausen pickle?

Id buy it.. to sit on my desk next to the can of Spotted Dick I bought in London yrs ago.

There is not one thing wrong with Kosher or Hal food.. its food. The religious significance is in the religious eye of the religious beholder.
Youre right about those garlic-y Claussens... yuuuummy!!
I also buy Hebrew National hotdogs. They taste BETTER than the greasy grease on your teeth dogs when you have a midnight craving and shove one raw in your mouth. It really doesnt scare me that a jew may have touched it. The whole argument is silly to me. There have been kosher foods around forever in American groceries and no one was infected with "the jew" due to it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Yes i know exactly what is Kosher.

I never complained about the quality or the taste etc...kosher products are good, Pepsi is good i have no problem eating it BUT I'D LIKE TO HAVE THE CHOICE.

I eated at some kosher restaurants, buyed some kosher food at jewish market but those time i CHOOSED to do it.

Same thing with halal food, you offer me some and i will eat it with no problems because i choose to do so.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

There are several types of certifications by several Jewish organizations. The most popular is the "Circle U", from the Orthodox Union, found on almost every food product you can buy. (The 32oz Vitamin Water I'm drinking right now has one on it) There are two main reasons for these certifications: 1) It is in a company's best interest to pay to have their products certified because it opens up their products to more customers, which means more seels and more revenue/profit. This is clearly a smart business decision on the companies part. 2) It is certified to let Jews know that it is OK for them to purchase and consume a product. A Jew picks up a food product at the store and can see if it has been certified and they know that they can consume it. Think of it this way... It isn't that a product was made special to accomodate the Jews, it's just that a particualar product doesn't contain or wasn't made with certain substances that a Jew can't consume for religious reasons, whatever they may be.

Having said all of that, I do have a problem with the fact that these certifications do in effect cause the price of the product to be higher than what it would be if there were no certifications, because any smart corporation will always pass the cost of taxation, regulation and production off to the end user... you and I. I am not Jewish, so I have a problem with paying a higher price for an item just so it can be "certified" for a Jew to consume. Then there is the "theory" that these certifications are used as a hiden tax that eventually is used to finance the Zionists, but I'm sure there are plenty of threads already covering all of that. The bottom line is that you will starve to death if you try to avoid buying food products that are certified or marked with the various Jewish organizations, because 99% of them have it, so good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

no one was infected with "the jew" due to it

What is that stupid comment...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth

no one was infected with "the jew" due to it

What is that stupid comment...

Think about it. Not overly difficult to figure it out.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Thank you very much

This is the kind of informative non bashing reply i looking for.

Not knowing about the higher prices because of the certification.
edit on 4/11/2011 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If i owned in form of food manufacturing plant i would try to make my product as accessible to as many markets as possible, its good business sense, this doesnt have anything to do with forcing religon on people, this is just good business sense, its like selling halal chicken at KFC it makes good business sense!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Think about it. Not overly difficult to figure it out.

ohh i got it, stupid comments come from stupid people...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
given that it makes no difference whatsoever to the taste, or composition of the food, and has more to do with the way in which products are handled and animals are reared, I have to ask the simple question - why on earth does it matter?

its a non issue. its not as if anything is altered.

I will agree on that point because it is harmless enough. I suggest that the OP take a look at all food products. Many of them contain the capital letter "K" somewhere on the label. That is a sign that the contents are/is kosher.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
In Australia (no not the home of that anti Kosher failed landscape painter) we have more and more Halal products and Kosher products being sold all over the Jewish owned Supermarkets(Coles Myer, woolworths).

Is this bad?
Is this good?
Why won't Muslims?Jews eat Christian Products?

Because their religious cultural laws forbid it.

So why are we eating their goods? and making them richer?

Because we are the dead.

And that takes understanding to know what the above line means.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

If i owned in form of food manufacturing plant i would try to make my product as accessible to as many markets as possible

It make sense and i have to agreed with you.

Removing the COR certification on over 45.000 products can cause serious economics problems, not mentionning the food supply problem for the jewish people.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I suggest that the OP take a look at all food products. Many of them contain the capital letter "K" somewhere on the label. That is a sign that the contents are/is kosher.

It just add more fuel to my point : i have NO CHOICE but to eat Kosher.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Um.. considering how Pepsi is made, I cannot fathom any reason how it could NOT be Kosher? Are you certain that they made it Kosher to begin with, or that it just happens to be Kosher approved?

Me thinks .. you have issues.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
uhm.. I worked in Jenny O Turkey for about 4 years. We had containers of turkey parts that came in. Mainly breasts anyways a Jewish dude would get dressed up in the same safety gear the workers were in come down to the floor. He would then say a few words over a 2000 lb box of turkey. I would throw a stamp on it and it was kosher.

No one forces you to eat kosher products. My opinion on it the significance of kosher is only in the minds of those that follow that belief system.. In the end if you do not follow the belief system kosher doesn't mean a dang thing. No special sauces, no special seasoning.. Just some older dude blessing it with words..If in the end you feel this is wrong for you, Then you can always just not eat or drink Kosher products. No one is forcing you in any way to eat it or drink it..

Therian

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by neformore

Since im forced to take part of others people faith and law against my will, i think it is an issue.

Some one has been forcing you to buy and drink Pepsi?

I am pretty sure that is not true.

If you don't want to eat and drink kosher foods and drinks. Don't buy them.....

Believe it or not, you are the one that gets to choose what you eat and drink....

Kosher items are labeled as kosher. Take a look at the item before purchasing. If it is kosher and you don't want to buy kosher items... Then put it back.

Just that simple.
edit on 4-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

It just add more fuel to my point : i have NO CHOICE but to eat Kosher.

YOU DO HAVER A CHOICE! Drink something else, collect your own water, or hunt your own food! No one is forcing you to drink pepsi or eat kosher food! YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE!

Who is FORCING you to eat and drink kosher?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Not exactly true: Certain fillers and additives are NOT Kosher. That's why Kosher Pepsi is sold in the weeks leading up to certain Jewish holidays here in the states. High Fructose Corn Syrup isn't Kosher. You will know it by its yellow cap.

It's made with real sugar, too.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

i have NO CHOICE but to eat Kosher.

Bull. You do to.

Kosher items are labeled as kosher. If you do not want to buy kosher items, take a look at the packaging. If it says kosher, put it back on the shelf and buy something else.

There is NO ONE forcing you to eat or drink anything kosher.

There is this thing called choice.You have it. Use it. Buy non kosher products if it bothers you so much.

edit on 4-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You don't understand the bottom of my point.

I don't want to quit Pepsi because its Kosher or put back food i like on shelves because they are Kosher.

A massive amount of products are certified Kosher, which leave me with very little choice of products to choose, like everyone else i like diversity and good meal.

So, No One force me but what choices i have ? And cut the crap about hunting my food and digging my water.

Like i said before im not disgusted by the foods, and after reading a comment by 0zzymand0s saying they replace the high fructose corn syrop by real sugar lead me to say that certain products are certainly better than the non Kosher version.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Weird...

I had been told Pepsi was available in Saudi Arabia yet Coca-Cola was not....

HRMMMMM

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join