It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Upsidedown Tonight ! Las Vegas, Nevada

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by jeichelberg

"Add the sun and it changes nothing" - you're serious? The sun and its' light is the only reason we're having this conversation. Otherwise we would have a perpetual dark of the moon (new moon to you.) You've been spending too much time underground. Get a window and I'm not talking Microsoft.

Specifically, I want you to tell me and the rest of the people what it does change...I know what the phases of the Moon are and I know what the Moon looks like right now...I just want you to tell all of us what adding the Sun to the diagram does to disprove the Moon can look like a boat in the Northern Hemisphere...are you sure you have a beef with the diagram? If the Moon was a crescent at this moment, I would be seeing a boat or Cheshire Moon...RIGHT NOW...now, tell me why I should not...clearly and without equivocation or mental reservation...spill the beans...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
I really do wish I had a working camera available...right now, the Moon is roughly half full (i.e., slightly over)...I am looking at it...and it looks like a zero with a line drawn nearly horizontal across the surface...and I am at 41 degrees north...

Take a step back and think about it.
Do you have google earth or some other mapping program?
Do you know your gps coordinates?
Do you have an iphone or similar device.
I can help you figure it out and give you the correct position of the moon you should be seeing.
It looks fine to me right now as I look at it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

"Add the sun and it changes nothing" - you're serious? The sun and its' light is the only reason we're having this conversation. Otherwise we would have a perpetual dark of the moon (new moon to you.) You've been spending too much time underground. Get a window and I'm not talking Microsoft.

Specifically, I want you to tell me and the rest of the people what it does change...I know what the phases of the Moon are and I know what the Moon looks like right now...I just want you to tell all of us what adding the Sun to the diagram does to disprove the Moon can look like a boat in the Northern Hemisphere...are you sure you have a beef with the diagram? If the Moon was a crescent at this moment, I would be seeing a boat or Cheshire Moon...RIGHT NOW...now, tell me why I should not...clearly and without equivocation or mental reservation...spill the beans...

Spilling the beans.
The phase at this moment is

www.fourmilab.ch...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That phase of the moon you show in your post has nothing to do with what I am talking about. In fact I don't know what your point is at this time. I appreciate your opinion/s thought and thanks for your posts.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I have no problem with the way the Moon looks in the sky..it looks totally normal to me...I am still waiting on someone to post something that points to a reason why the OP post and photo indicates something is NOT NORMAL...The Moon as I see it right now, looks just like the OP photo, and is totally explained by all science known to man...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Beans? The moon, at first crescent light looks like a boat, bowl, horned affair, Cheshire cat smile or smile from the smiley face at or near the equator. If you are seeing the boat, bowl, horned affair, Cheshire cat smile or smile from the smiley face...where are you? You're at the equator. If you're in the UK, you are not at or near the equator. UK is at 50 to 55 degrees lattitude north of the equator. What does this mean? It means that the UK is 50 degrees away from the equator. The UK is not at or near the equator.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

And the Moon looked like that when it was in the sky directly South of my home approximately 2 hours ago...right now, it is in the process of setting in the SW and it has the reflecting side facing the Sun and you could flip it 90 degrees...in other words, picture a circle with a line drawn horizontally at the middle...the bottom side is lit and the top side is darkened out...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

You would see the Cheshire Moon in the East when the phase is waning, not waxing...the Moon is now waxing...and then you will see it in the West when the Sun has already set and the Moon begins to set...understand?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
I just took this pic 10 minutes ago. I think that speaks for itself. It was 12:55 am pst.

This looks like what the moon should look like.
Like this.

Your original pic of the moon is how I see it now and I guess I have missed the point of the moon not being right.
It is right to me in Kentucky.
Plug in your coordinates on this website to see if it's true to you.

www.fourmilab.ch...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

You can be from whereever you claim to be. I notice you don't address the picture I previously posted. You do post the one he has tampered with . I have another but it is slightly out of focus below.

Do you have any other comments?

Every time someone post a pic or a video, always include a pic like this. The surroundings are included so that we have a point of reference.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The most amusing part is that this was all explained to the op of this thread in the last something wrong with the moon thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If they didn't understand it then, they probably won't understand it now.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

Thanks for the post. You make an excellent point. I have a few things that I will be posting asap regarding the position of the moon. The storm is starting to clear out and maybe I can get a few more pictures. Thanks again..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

You would see the Cheshire Moon in the East when the phase is waning, not waxing...the Moon is now waxing...and then you will see it in the West when the Sun has already set and the Moon begins to set...understand?

What??!!?? What does this have to do with the topic at hand? The boat, bowl, horned, Cheshire, smile moon and upside down boat, bowl, horned, Cheshire, smile moon have been seen as far north as WA state and the UK, waxing or waning. Are these localities on the equator? No.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

How do you tell if a sphere is upside down? Does it say made in china on the bottom? Did you really mean that the lit portion is incorrect? It doesn't matter if the moon moves, it will always be lit in the same way from your perspective.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
For all the scientific explanation given to the TS - would someone who is located in Singapore, see the same moon pattern/shape, as someone in Las Vegas, at the same time?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
12 pages on, and we're still debating if the moon is upside down.

god bless you ats.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

If you want to understand why the statement makes no sense, turn the lights out and shine a flashlight on the top of a sphere as it rolls on the table. The perspective of light has nothing to do with the direction of the sphere being lit.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

And for the last and final time...please post something...anything...that states beyond all reasonable doubt...we, in the Northern Hemisphere at 41 degrees N would not be able to see a Boat or Cheshire Moon...you have not and will not be able to do so...As Jim Rome would...OUT!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I see this also . Strange though. last time i seen a moon like that was when I was near the equator.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If the internet was finite this thread would be a crime.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join