It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran sentences two soccer players to public lashings for inappropriate goal celebration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
He stuck his finger up another man's ass on live television
Do you remember the madness in the U.S when Janet Jackson revealed a nipple? That was nowhere near as offensive as this. Imagine what would happen if a well known American football star stuck his finger in a team mate during a game watched by millions. I think the whitehouse would launch a nuclear strike on the stadium

On a serious note, are you trying to justify going to war with these people because they still use the lash as a punishment? Last time I checked the U.S was still carrying out executions by injection of lethal chemicals, electrocution and poison gas, imprisoning people for the rest of they're lives for cannabis offences, and until recently used torture as a means of extracting information from suspected terrorists. hypocrisy at its finest.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I don't hear anyone talking smack about Singapore's caning laws and high fines for chewing gum or littering.

I do hear a lot of people advocating the passing of laws banning anything that doesn't adhere to their version of christianity.

Hypocrisy -- you're doing right.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well now we finally have the answer to the NBA lockout

The UN will soon pass a resolution to attack.

Human rights violations ..... here comes NATO

Maybe they should think about some new NFL rules

All sports fans are now against Iran.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So is this supposed to get us all worked up and angry enough to send our sons to the killing fields in Iran to correct what we view as wrong?
There is no reason to attack Iran.
There was no reason to attack Iraq.
And no reason to attack Afganistan. Expect of course to protect the poppies. I read that folks there would as soon grow veggies.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Perhaps this a pre-warning from the Iranians to the invading forces from the west..(Hey.. you may get fingered before everything else).

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm in two minds; so, I don't think it's okay to lash someone for a homosexual act. I feel very strongly about this issue, and I think that Iran has a very silly and backwards policy on homosexuality.

That said, this is not a reason to attack Iran. What is true and just will eventually come about, and Iran does plenty of things right that the US doesn't do right. Not that the US is much more tolerant, since I bet there are plenty of fundamentalist groups in this country who think that the current goal celebrations of all our sports are obscene and would lash homosexuals if they thought they could get away with it. Not to mention, in the current "bomb Iran" thing going on, I have half a mind to think that the only reason this story would be hyped in Western media is for us to continue condemning Iran for their horrible human rights offenses without looking at our own first.

As someone said earlier, we torture, we give the death penalty, we sentence people to life sentences for crimes they didn't commit. Fundamentalist churches say many intolerant things and promote intolerant actions. I don't agree with what Iran did, but I don't think it is a reflection on us being any better than they are, and I don't think that this is indicative of Iranian culture as a whole.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Is this post some kind of attempt at vilifying Iran in the eyes of the West? OP, do you think this kind of thing is shocking coming from this region of the world?

They have their socially acceptable behaviors and we have ours. I'm more concerned about our own country's involvement in torture and the drone bombings of innocent civilians in other countries. I could care less how Iran chooses to deal with some soccer player who slapped a teammate on the ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join