It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Two Financial Nukes Explode"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
usawatchdog.com... chdog%29

I really don't understand how countries like Greece, Ireland, and Iceland sudeenly somehow have the power to sweep the entire planet into financial doom. Did the banks just go" Oh these guys are relatively small and unthought of, let's dump our crap on them and let them dangle" Who wins and how? Now the Greek referendum, which I think is a fancy word for an honest poll, has world markets shaking in their boots? Can someone help me get this?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

and now this.
If I was Greece, i would vote myself out of the Euro and carry on. Invent a new local currency and go completely isolationist. It's my understanding they were sold into a ponzi scheme so what if they just dump all the hoo-hah and carry on as if nothing ever happened? Or is that what the markets are really afraid of?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I feel so ignorant and clueless as to what is happening outside of America but is it possible for them to clear themselves of the mess and create a new currency? That doesn't seem like it could happen just like that. Maybe I just don't understand basic economics.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

There's a lot more to it than just exiting and returning to their own currency. It will be very costly and profoundly disruptive to both their economy and social fabric. It will be pretty tragic and that is not fear mongering. But conversely, so will remaining in the Eurozone and swallowing austerity measures, though this will be a slower painful demise.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Its pretty simple to see when you know the overall plan of thr NWO. TPTB want to gather all of europe into a single system. Some of these countries are rebelling, well iceland is anyway, this means the NWO plan wont include iceland and therefore will not be complete.

TPTB want "all" of european countries and icelandic countries under a single umbrella. Without that there can be no NWO. So the mainstream is blaming these countries as are the MPs to aplly pressure to bring them in line. As for the financial armegeddon, this was always on the cards and has nothig to do with iceland etc... The fractional reserve system and derivative fraud is how they engineered the financial collapse.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist

though this will be a slower painful demise.

This is something that all countries will go through... maybe the Greeks are going to end up the lucky ones, and get out of this mess first?

Maybe Greece will become the symbol for a NWO?

Whatever happens all this would make a good metaphorical movie... or just reality

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

It confuses me a lot as well, i don't mind admitting.

My big query is what happens if Greece defaults? (i mean to the people of Greece).

I suspect they will basically lose out massively but then, as has been pointed out countless times, they will lose out massively if they accept the bail out.

Can someone please explain what bankruptcy would mean? And please do not mention Iceland, that was a completely different situation with vastly smaller sums of money involved so has no real relevance to this

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky

I really don't understand how countries like Greece, Ireland, and Iceland sudeenly somehow have the power to sweep the entire planet into financial doom.

I think you need to read up on this.

Iceland has nothing to do with the current situation. They give the 2 fingers to everyone and are trying to rebuild their country on their own.

Ireland is dealing with its problem. Its a bloody mess but it is not bringing down the Euro. Its problems are terrible for the country itself but are peanuts on the world stage.

Greece is the current problem. Its playing a bit of poker still. It may bring down the Euro. MerKOZY are threatening to throw them out if they dont play ball but Greece know Europe will probably implode if they were kicked out.

And yesterday the markets started to go after Italy.It is a marked man and it will be the next to start faltering.

It will be a miracle if the Greek referendum even happens next month. I am not sure Europe will make it that long. We shall see.
edit on 3-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I admit I have posted this in other "eurozone collapse" threads; it's humorous, but does a pretty good(albeit superficial) job of illustrating what we are looking at "over there"...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Europe would allow Greece to default in a minute if it weren't for complicated investment tools such as Credit Default Swaps and Derivatives.

If Greece defaults, most of the European banks are going to take a huge hit on the loans they've provided to Greece already as well as these investment payoffs to others. European banks aren't the only banks holding these types of investment contracts either. If Greece fails, the chances are great that it will create a domino effect throughout Europe and it won't stop there.

Warren Buffett didn't name these types of investments the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" for nothing.

en.wikipedia.org...(finance)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Its pretty simple to see when you know the overall plan of thr NWO. TPTB want to gather all of europe into a single system. Some of these countries are rebelling, well iceland is anyway, this means the NWO plan wont include iceland and therefore will not be complete.

TPTB want "all" of european countries and icelandic countries under a single umbrella. Without that there can be no NWO. So the mainstream is blaming these countries as are the MPs to aplly pressure to bring them in line. As for the financial armegeddon, this was always on the cards and has nothig to do with iceland etc... The fractional reserve system and derivative fraud is how they engineered the financial collapse.

You're right. Greece is being set up, they could never pay back the interest never mind the loan, the I M F know exactly what is going on and the inevitable Greek default is a well engineered Financial False Flag operation.
The European Union/United States of Europe is a flawed concept of combining economies of different strengths and liquidities into one currency which does not reflect the average real value of those economies which is less than the soon to be subjegated sheeple realise. Allegedly formed to prevent war in Europe, although actually first mooted by the Nazis pre WWII, this combining of EU countries (some of which don't like each other much), will be more likely to cause trouble and strife. Madness.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
These Eurocrats are a joke, they thought they could solve the debt by writing a few laws and lending extra cash for countries to borrow. Any extra 'thin air' cash produced automatically creates further debt. These so called leaders bought this upon themselves and no they are whining like spoilt rich kids, it is pityful watching them point their fingers at each other and calling cat. I am finding it very funny seeing them panic and utter woe me's and I am looking forward to their financial doom.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The fact is that none of this is real. The madcap financial system which clearly doesnt work is simply an invention of man. The day after it all crashes, the sun will still rise, the tides will rise and fall and the grass will grow.

Tinkering round the edges as we are seeing will not fix this. When every country, and every person, even those not yet born, are in debt, and nobody can hope to pay it back, then the only way out for the whole of humanity is a reset.

The banks need to fall. The debt they created is not real. The banks are totally bankrupt entities anyway and only trust keeps them trading.

It is time to not only analyse what humanity did wrong, but figure out the system of payment for goods and services that we DO want.

If Greece pulls out of the euro, there is every chance it will actually be better off financially, and a more cohesive society, providing the bankers dont demand war with them.

I am not a religious person in any way, but I keep being drawn to the bible story of Jesus throwing the money changers out of the temple. The mindset of the money lovers and the greedy have been with us for centuries it would seem.

I say let the credit default swaps and derivatives of these blow the banks apart. We all managed perfectly well before they were invented. Business managed perfectly well before they invented CDO's.

This system has to be pulled apart so a better system can be built. A system where trade and manufacturing can flourish to create jobs and wealth, not just clicking numbers on a screen.
The banks actually create nothing, they manufacture nothing, they grow nothing. Only the banks are saying that the world will crumble and fall without them.

I think we would all be just fine.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The whole global financial system is a huge ponzi scheme, created to further enrich the wealthy. Currency is essentially worthless as it is backed by nothing. Banks engage in fractional banking, which means for every dollar on deposit, they can loan out ten. From where does this money come? From out of thin air! Charging credit card interest rates of up to 30% is nothing but legalized loansharking, gouging the working class even further as salaries continue to be suppressed in all but the upper 1%.
Taxpayer money should not have been used to bail out these private banker thieves. They did nothing but further enrich themselves with huge bonuses and pay hikes. They did not put one penny back into circulation to help out the economy. The truth is, they # the bed and they should have been allowed to fail. Trillions of dollars that were handed over to the bankers have disappeared and remain unaccounted for. The Fed refuses to reveal who received that money. That taxpayer money could have been used more wisely to pick up the pieces of the economy once the mega-bank vampires were dead and buried.
Finally, the US needs to take back its constitutional right to print its own money interest free. Last time that was attempted was by executive order 11110 signed by JFK. He ended up assassinated a mere six months later. First thing Johnson did was to rescind this order. Wonder who's calling the shots?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Maybe you should do a little more research how Greece and other EU countries ended up where they are now, before you say they brought this upon themselves...

Their financial doom? Funny thing about the global financial crisis is... its global.
You are in the same boat with all of us... unless youre living on the moon or something.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky

I really don't understand how countries like Greece, Ireland, and Iceland sudeenly somehow have the power to sweep the entire planet into financial doom. Did the banks just go" Oh these guys are relatively small and unthought of, let's dump our crap on them and let them dangle" Who wins and how? Now the Greek referendum, which I think is a fancy word for an honest poll, has world markets shaking in their boots? Can someone help me get this?

It is not these countries that are causing the problems it is the banks. Iceland done the right thing after finding itself in massive debt. It told the banks to go scratch and protected it sovereignty.
Greece is now in a similar situation. The banks have caused the debt it has not been caused by local government. This is a world wide issue. To pay the the money back the bankers that caused the problems are asking Greece to sell off its assets... It sucks and the best thing Greece can do is the same as Iceland..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

There is a big difference between the types of crisis faced by Greece and Iceland though and also a huge disparity in the sums involved. My understanding (limited) is that Iceland was basically over its overdraft limit and struggling with repayments (over simple analogy i know), whereas Greece is way over its overdraft limit and has maxed out all the credit cards and is way behind on the mortgage payments. A Greek default would mean bankruptcy for the nation, that wasn't the case with Iceland - they were just placed on the naughty step.

Can someone PLEASE explain what bankruptcy of a nation entails? What does it actual mean for the citizens of that country?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by purplemer

There is a big difference between the types of crisis faced by Greece and Iceland though and also a huge disparity in the sums involved. My understanding (limited) is that Iceland was basically over its overdraft limit and struggling with repayments (over simple analogy i know), whereas Greece is way over its overdraft limit and has maxed out all the credit cards and is way behind on the mortgage payments. A Greek default would mean bankruptcy for the nation, that wasn't the case with Iceland - they were just placed on the naughty step.

Can someone PLEASE explain what bankruptcy of a nation entails? What does it actual mean for the citizens of that country?

I suppose the international community wouldnt lend to it. It may be shut out of international bodies such as NATO if a member. Apart from that there would be a period of unrest until their new currency was established and printed.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If the people of Greece vote unanimously to opt out of the bailout, they may well pull together to get their country through the difficulties of a currency change.
When the Icelandic people voted not to bail out their banking system, there was no violence because the people felt their voice was heard. This may well happen in Greece

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Thanks for that excellent post of what is really going on in the EU now call economic saga.

The derivative scam that started in the US and spread fast like wild fire through the EU is now about to end the EUzone. Is still an estimate of 600 trillion or derivative crap and growing by the minute because the US too big to fail that created the crap can not stop themselves from creating more and stupid the countries that are still hook on it like addicts.

The most indebted countries knows that more debt will never get them off slavery and austerity, so now they want complete erasing of their debt and that is what will happen if the EU zone collapse.

Greece may get away with it, if anybody has follow the crisis in Greece by the hints they are giving away they want their debt erased.

Italy is also getting into the bandwagon and the package for austerity that will be put on the table by the leaders of the EU is now unsatisfactory.

This whole EU crisis is going to end soon with another Global economic crisis and the mess will come back home were it stated in the US.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join