It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China-Iran missile sales

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Man, watching those video clips was like watching some of Adolf Hitler's home movies. There was so much propaganda in those clips i was tempted to convert to islam

Kidding ofcourse but wow. That is frightening to hear not just him spout death to israel and death to america, but pracitcally the entire country. Brainwashing the masses in creating an army of manchurian soldiers.

Scary.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Domo1

What is wrong with the Chinese arming the Iranians with weapons to defend themselves. Funny many countries in the world are not happy that America in direct violation on international law goes into countires, bombs millions of people and robs there oil.. Heck funny that..
I am glad the USA is being kept in balance by an opposing force. You know when I saw the Iron curtain and Russia fall i was glad I thought the world would become a nicer place to live in. I was wrong it caused a vacuume and the USA went on a warmongering path of mega proportions...

i too saw the end of the USSR as hope for a better world.
Eastern Europe was full of hope, the cold war was over.

instead the USA became a warmonger and untill someone restores balance the world is in trouble.

you cannot have one country decide reality for everyone, the past 20 years made that quite clear.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

en.wikipedia.org...

While estimates varied, the head of the Department of War (now the Department of Defense) estimated that it would take "1.7 to 4 million American casualties, including 400,000 to 800,000 fatalities, and 5 to 10 million Japanese fatalities."

Read more: 5 Backup Plans That Would Have Changed Modern History | Cracked.com www.cracked.com...

Yes it is a comedy website, but oddly enough this list/article came out today and backs up my point: Dropping the bomb obviously saved American and Allied lives, and also created a free Japan, rather than North and South Japan as seen in Korea, but compared to the expected Japanese death toll from the planned invasion, as many as 9 million lives were saved by dropping the bomb.

Whether or not Japan was considering surrender is irrelevant. They did not before the first bomb was dropped. They did not surrender after seeing the destruction of Hiroshima. Only after the second bomb exploded did they surrender. Therefore you have no point. By the way, where are your sources, you know, the ones that back up your argument?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
yes the plans to invade where real and costly the 2 ops that were to implemented are here www.ww2pacific.com... from the link

World War II in the Pacific
Operation Downfall : Olympic and Coronet
The Invasion of Japan
I have played this as a game there was no good out come , we lost or japan was no more, the people all died not by us but the fear of us, the game war lasted till 52, in game terms 2 years 6 months and 4 days.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

You guys are just having the wrong argument who cares how many wars the US has been in? It still doesn't compare to the number of wars Europe has had throughout history. Its nothing but war , conflicts, and revolutions. So what. Yeah we have the helm. Yeah we get into skirmishes, but we have yet to spark the big one. So far Europe has sparked two World Wars or was that our fault as well.

If it wasn't for Europe and her warmongering there would be no US to complain about. Stop lobbing stones when you all live in glass houses yourselves. Wait your turn if we don't wipe each other off the map first you'll have another shot at the throne. Then you all can go complain about China

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Well, crap. Not what I was hoping to hear. Is this just some sort of screw you to the US? Apparently this is not in violation of any law, per se. I am so confused by the world these days. Hey US, borrow our money. We're just going to go ahead and supply some of your 'enemies' with weapons. It'll be fine. No WW3 if you attack Iran promise! Why are Russia and China so in love with Iran? Why does the US have so much animosity towards the country? Why is this wine so good?

p.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The USA has for many decades controlled arms and arms deals through their military might. Whether you want to believe this or not, any nation standing taller then another is a target for toppling.
Did you think Russia would just become your best friend and listen to all the USA advice because they won the cold war?
Did you think China would do their bidding because they owe them so much money?

Russia needs oil so they support Iran who can supply pipelines right into Russia once the UN and NATO are discredited and destroyed.
China has a lot invested in the USA, so any enemy of it would need to become an ally to ensure the Chinese can gain something if the USA falls.

It's business nothing personal.

edit on 3-11-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Russia has the 8th largest oil reserves in the world. Iran is nothing more than a vassal state, just like Syria, Egypt, and Iraq were in the 60s and 70s, while Israel is/was the US vassal in the region.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Domo1

why does the US have the right to have nukes, and the NERVE to try to restrict other nations? let 'em have their missiles. we're no better.

At least the US does not explicitly state that their goal is to wipe another country off the map. We just let it be known that we have the power. I personally think Iran wants nukes for security and stability, and would not use them, and instead apply them to their lack of military might as a deterant.

BUT, they have threatened to wipe out Israel how many times? At least the US speaks softly and carries the biggest stick on the nuclear front, meaning we do not threaten the use of them, rather we let it be implied that should we be attacked with WMD, everything is on the table.

Also, the US does not supply Israel with ballistic missiles. They had to build those on their own. Believe it or not, Israel is MORE than capable of building those and far more advanced weapons.

It is a lot easier for the rest of the world to believe the US will not use them than a country chanting DEATH TO (Insert country here) and stating that their goal is the whole-sale destruction of another country.
edit on 2-11-2011 by steppenwolf86 because: added last sentance

Actually, as far as Iran saying they would wipe out Israel; that's open to interpretation. Apparently, they never said that, only US media transaltors have. I don't know one way or another, just saying.

But as far as the US having nukes; the US is the only country that has ever nuked another country. The only one. It is also the only country that openly threatened to nuke another country.

The only reason the US still commands respect (and I use that term loosely), is that the US has the nuclear capability to destroy the planet several times over and the rest of the world believes the US would do it. That's why the US economy still hasn't completely crashed.

Actually they have:

When ever you hear “Al mawt li Israel” or “Al mawt li Amrika" in their speeches, they are saying “Death to Israel” “Death to America”. It's the same in Arabic and Farsi.

So? That's what most people in the world are saying. If we could blink and America and Israel were to vanish, an overwhelmingly majority of the world would be all for it.

But saying death to a nation is hardly the same as professing you would bomb the nation and wipe out the entire population.

If I said "death to Capitalism" that wouldn't mean I want to kill every Capitalist, it means I want Capitalism to end. When the Americans were trying to wipe out Communism, were you professing you wanted to destroy all communist nations and people? Probably because you're Americans you're a little more insane than the rest of us but you get the point I'm making.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

Originally posted by Burgo1010

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Domo1

why does the US have the right to have nukes, and the NERVE to try to restrict other nations? let 'em have their missiles. we're no better.

Well the USA is proving it is a pack of hypocrites (Government, Military, red necks that is)

Just so your aware Redneck is a racial reference similar to the word n1gger. Not sure why Redneck is not blurred out but 'n-word' is. Both are equally offensive.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

No it isn't. Redneck has Scottish origins and has nothing to do with race.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Man, watching those video clips was like watching some of Adolf Hitler's home movies. There was so much propaganda in those clips i was tempted to convert to islam

Kidding ofcourse but wow. That is frightening to hear not just him spout death to israel and death to america, but pracitcally the entire country. Brainwashing the masses in creating an army of manchurian soldiers.

Scary.

There's no brainwashing there. That's how people feel. You cannot get elected in that region without professing dislike and distrust of America and Israel.

Same in South America. Unless you slam America and profess friendship with Castro it's unlikely you'll be elected.

In Europe, if a Politician promised to cut ties with America and tell you lot to piss off, they would be instantly elected.

There's no brainwashing required. America and Israel wants to destroy Iran, have in the past bankrolled wars against Iran(saddam), forced an anti-Iranian dictator onto the Iranian people and to this day threaten warfare and wage economic warfare against Iran, in attempts to cripple and destroy Irans sovereignty, until the Iranians accept the US and Israel as their superiors.

How do you expect these people to think and feel? Countries do nothing to America and your politicians get on TV and threaten war, while your people cheer in the streets. You can't even imagine how the rest of the world feels about you, especially the likes of Iran who have been beaten and goaded by you for decades, had their neighbour countries invaded and stolen by Americans, innocents dead in the millions.

How would America feel if Iran were occupying and slaughtering innocent people in the millions in Canada and Mexico, with drones flying overhead and a navy waiting on your shores. All the while threatening you, crippling your economy and displaying desire to invade you. Would Americans be sat around without concern? No, your people would be in the streets screaming about Islam(which you already do anyway) and threatening to blow them back into the stone age if they don't leave you alone. Yet, when Iranians display a normal reaction to your blood lust and warmongery, you think they must be brainwashed?

Yeah, I don't think they need much brainwashing. You have to understand that people aren't Anti-American or Anti-Israel by choice, they're Anti-American and Anti-Israel because Israel and America are Anti-them.

Nobody likes you. Leave the world alone and people will stop praying for your demise.
edit on 3-11-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There still made in China.

I`m sure Wal-mart has them in their model rocket section. $19.99

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Scary.

There's no brainwashing there. That's how people feel. You cannot get elected in that region without professing dislike and distrust of America and Israel.

Same in South America. Unless you slam America and profess friendship with Castro it's unlikely you'll be elected.

In Europe, if a Politician promised to cut ties with America and tell you lot to piss off, they would be instantly elected.

There's no brainwashing required. America and Israel wants to destroy Iran, have in the past bankrolled wars against Iran(saddam), forced an anti-Iranian dictator onto the Iranian people and to this day threaten warfare and wage economic warfare against Iran, in attempts to cripple and destroy Irans sovereignty, until the Iranians accept the US and Israel as their superiors.

How do you expect these people to think and feel? Countries do nothing to America and your politicians get on TV and threaten war, while your people cheer in the streets. You can't even imagine how the rest of the world feels about you, especially the likes of Iran who have been beaten and goaded by you for decades, had their neighbour countries invaded and stolen by Americans, innocents dead in the millions.

How would America feel if Iran were occupying and slaughtering innocent people in the millions in Canada and Mexico, with drones flying overhead and a navy waiting on your shores. All the while threatening you, crippling your economy and displaying desire to invade you. Would Americans be sat around without concern? No, your people would be in the streets screaming about Islam(which you already do anyway) and threatening to blow them back into the stone age if they don't leave you alone. Yet, when Iranians display a normal reaction to your blood lust and warmongery, you think they must be brainwashed?

Yeah, I don't think they need much brainwashing. You have to understand that people aren't Anti-American or Anti-Israel by choice, they're Anti-American and Anti-Israel because Israel and America are Anti-them.

Nobody likes you. Leave the world alone and people will stop praying for your demise.

Your statements show just how ignorant you really are of my people. You think we the people want these wars and like them? Buddy, i am going to tell you this so you listen close so there is no misunderstanding between us. If it were up to me i'd withdraw my country into islolationism and let the rest of you ingrateful lot starve to death and let you stew in your own sh*t. My government is out of control and does whatever it wants despite what we want. We don't cheer in the streets when they declare war. These wars they keep fronting is breaking our backs while we give "you people" our tax payer dollars (that we can't afford) to keep your asses afloat because your ecomony is even worse than ours.

So i'll thank you to get off your high horse cuz your country hasn't done jacksh*t to help us at all, were carrying your asses even while youre drinking wine at the local pub and stabbing us in the backs. I'm glad we revolted in 1776, people like you make me sick the way they blame the people when we have no power at all. You should tend to your own house before you go throwing stones at glass houses.
edit on 3-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

In vast part it was, the second world war would have been preventable if the League of Nations had intervened in the Spanish Civil War and of course a lot of destruction would have been avoided had USA engaged Germany before it invaded France. Read some US journals from that time to see how the situation was on the US, especially during the Spanish Civil War...

edit on 3-11-2011 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2011 by Panic2k11 because: not Society of Nations but League of Nations

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I hear this argument a lot. I would say that no one has the right to nuclear arms or delivery systems. Frankly, I'd just rather not have more nations being equipped with them. My other issue is that it almost seems like China is goading the US. Also, and this is very hypocritical, I'd rather the country I live in be the only one with nukes; if anyone is going to have them that is.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

I'm American and i'd feel more comfortable if canada had the only nukes..lol

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

Arming Iran in anticipation of an American-Israel-Anglo insurrection will bog us down. I can see why China might dig that.

Plus, im sure the moneys good?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I present to you the common sense analysis given by Ron Paul:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Scary.

Your statements show just how ignorant you really are of my people. You think we the people want these wars and like them? Buddy, i am going to tell you this so you listen close so there is no misunderstanding between us. If it were up to me i'd withdraw my country into islolationism and let the rest of you ingrateful lot starve to death and let you stew in your own sh*t. My government is out of control and does whatever it wants despite what we want. We don't cheer in the streets when they declare war. These wars they keep fronting is breaking our backs while we give "you people" our tax payer dollars (that we can't afford) to keep your asses afloat because your ecomony is even worse than ours.

So i'll thank you to get off your high horse cuz your country hasn't done jacksh*t to help us at all, were carrying your asses even while youre drinking wine at the local pub and stabbing us in the backs. I'm glad we revolted in 1776, people like you make me sick the way they blame the people when we have no power at all. You should tend to your own house before you go throwing stones at glass houses.
edit on 3-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Shame all respected independent polls don't reflect what you're saying. Polls showed for years that Americans supported the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan and when it comes to bomb Iran your blood lust will infect you once more. Just as it did when you killed Bin Laden and took to the streets in celebration.

I do hope, as you do, that our countries sever ties. Nobody here wants to be controlled by your terrorist state of lunacy.

Leave everyone alone. That's all we want. Stop interfering and bullying every nation on Earth

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

After being kicked out of Libya I doubt that China would appreciate being also kicked out of Iran (or at least having the crude cut due to the herr... western pacification action humm... democratization freedom force.

What about we start guessing the names of the operations that will go on in Iran.

I propose operation Thundercloud (US) or Ba'al T'qiah ("Master of the Blast", Israel)

PS: The pressure to attack now is due to timing, since Syria (in a mutual assist pact with Iran) is fragile and Turkey is about to do a huge propaganda move against Israel and has boots in Iraq.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Panic2k11 because: Syria note

edit on 3-11-2011 by Panic2k11 because: mutual assist pact

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Interesting numbers, and likely typical of a bias source. Israel might have 700 aircraft, but for sure only 350 of them are combat planes.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
There still made in China.

I`m sure Wal-mart has them in their model rocket section. $19.99

I would not be so smug.. Who do you think makes the chips for your rockets these days...

It is widely documented that since the secession of America's semiconductor supremacy to Asia, most computer chips supplied for civilian and military use in the United States by corporate giants like AMD, Microsoft, Intel and Motorola are now imported. As Hank was reminded by his visitors, "It's all outsourced"-by U.S. manufacturers to suppliers in Japan, Taiwan and China.

www.rense.com...

and try this on for size too...

Elements in the U.S. military in touch with Bob and Dave have discovered that Beijing has rigged those decks to insure China's supremacy in any showdown with the United States. This has been accomplished by ensuring that its exported semiconductors used in many U.S. military computer and electronic components-from cellphones to missile warheads, fighter jets, frigates, radars, laptops and carriers-can be either accidentally or purposefully deactivated by a silent and invisible electromagnetic pulse delivered at the start of any future conflict.

So I would not knock Chinese manufacturing if I was you. Its leaving America a sitting duck...

<< 1  2    4 >>

join