It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China-Iran missile sales

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Domo1

why does the US have the right to have nukes, and the NERVE to try to restrict other nations? let 'em have their missiles. we're no better.

You're right, Iran is far superior to the US. Everyone should be on board with the limiting of freedoms, forced religion, religious laws, killing or jailing anyone that disagrees too much with leadership. Give Iran more nukes and let them conquer the world I say.

Oh wait, never mind we do not live in some inside out universe. Iran can not be trusted with nukes, if you think they can you need to seek psychiatric help, soon.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

reply to post by Domo1

why does the US have the right to have nukes, and the NERVE to try to restrict other nations? let 'em have their missiles. we're no better.

You're right, Iran is far superior to the US. Everyone should be on board with the limiting of freedoms, forced religion, religious laws, killing or jailing anyone that disagrees too much with leadership. Give Iran more nukes and let them conquer the world I say.

Oh wait, never mind we do not live in some inside out universe. Iran can not be trusted with nukes, if you think they can you need to seek psychiatric help, soon.

You’re riiiight...!

66 years after last world war and US had 51 wars until now.

Talking about TRUST…? Riiight…`?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
you also failed to mention that they have a history of using them.

any other nuclear power ever used a nuke?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

They were low yield, and the effects were not competely understood. Looking back, it was a terrible mistake.

At the time, it likely saved 1 million allied lives, and most likely saved multiple millions of Japanese civilians by forcing a surrender and not having to carry out a full invasion of the home islands.

What would you have done, were you in Truman's position?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

The Japanese where already to surrender,
The use of the bomb was not for the end of the war, it was to stamp authority over everyone else.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This is the case of pure conflict of geo-political interests.

An alternate power bloc to NATO can emerge in Russia-China-Iran axis. Although such a possibility is low, it cannot be completely discounted. The speed at which Muslim world is getting influenced by China, and getting away from the West is not a sign of any good outcome.

Russia-China-Iran together have land and oil resources to balance the West. The issue is technology only. It is hard to decipher how much China has stolen from US, but chinese are making good progress in high tech lately.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

It is no surprise that US has fought so many wars since the last big one. We live in a world which is devoid of good qualities of man. The authority is won by violence and deceit. Business is based on cunningness rather than trust.

Please read my thread on 'Vedic civilization' and you will surely understand.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

The Japanese where already to surrender,
The use of the bomb was not for the end of the war, it was to stamp authority over everyone else.

Really? Thats why when asked to surrender after the first bomb dropped on Hiroshima, they refused? Thats why they were training civilians, including women and children, in combat tactics? That's why they were handing out explosives to people in the hopes that they would use them in kamikaze attacks on allied troops?

Lets see a source, because I have never heard that they were willing to surrender. If they were willing to surrender, WHY DIDN'T THEY WHEN THEY WERE WARNED ABOUT THE BOMB? Should they have been willing to surrender? Logically, yes. But they didn't until the SECOND bomb was dropped. Seriously, I hope you are not a history teacher.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

reply to post by Domo1

At least the US does not explicitly state that their goal is to wipe another country off the map. We just let it be known that we have the power. I personally think Iran wants nukes for security and stability, and would not use them, and instead apply them to their lack of military might as a deterant.

BUT, they have threatened to wipe out Israel how many times? At least the US speaks softly and carries the biggest stick on the nuclear front, meaning we do not threaten the use of them, rather we let it be implied that should we be attacked with WMD, everything is on the table.

Also, the US does not supply Israel with ballistic missiles. They had to build those on their own. Believe it or not, Israel is MORE than capable of building those and far more advanced weapons.

It is a lot easier for the rest of the world to believe the US will not use them than a country chanting DEATH TO (Insert country here) and stating that their goal is the whole-sale destruction of another country.
edit on 2-11-2011 by steppenwolf86 because: added last sentance

Actually, as far as Iran saying they would wipe out Israel; that's open to interpretation. Apparently, they never said that, only US media transaltors have. I don't know one way or another, just saying.

But as far as the US having nukes; the US is the only country that has ever nuked another country. The only one. It is also the only country that openly threatened to nuke another country.

The only reason the US still commands respect (and I use that term loosely), is that the US has the nuclear capability to destroy the planet several times over and the rest of the world believes the US would do it. That's why the US economy still hasn't completely crashed.

Actually they have:

When ever you hear “Al mawt li Israel” or “Al mawt li Amrika" in their speeches, they are saying “Death to Israel” “Death to America”. It's the same in Arabic and Farsi.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Funny thing, this world and its parasitic inhabitants are . . . every second of every day there are people, companies, organizations, politicians, beaurocrats, corporate leaders, military powers, terrorists and every human-led type of entity that whores themselves out to the highest bidder all for the sole purpose of lining their pockets with shiny beads or whatever trinket it is this week that makes them a little bit richer than yesterday . . . so what makes the Chinese any different?

How the hell do you thing the world got this screwed up in the first place????

In sitting back reflecting what's gone on in our world over the 49 trips I've made around the sun, I've come away with one resolute thought . . . those that lead this world financially or militarily . . . would tatoo Pleasure Me on their mothers' asses and make them available to the highest bidding sex-starved drug-hazed bikers if it meant a bigger bonus or one more step up the ladder of power.

I'm no man of religion . .. not even close, but when you look at Big Mo's Ten No-Nos or any of the seven deadly things you really shouldn't do, what's one of the biggies . . .

Greed.

Again, how the frickin' hell do you fine folks think we got to this point in our existence and what sign is there . . . seriously . . . anywhere . .. that things will ever change.

Yeah, it's a utopian view but maybe for a change instead of trying to jump the neighbor's wife, the world could collectively try to do some good or at least make an effort to eradicate from existence those who are either unwilling or unable to do some freakin' good for a change.

I'm not ripping on China for selling bombs to Iran . . . they aren't doing anything that the US or most other countries doesn't do on a daily basis either on a larger or smaller scale . . .

Sometimes, I wish one of these tin-pot morons would get the bomb, push the button and reset the whole thing. Maybe then we'd all learn to not make the same mistakes again . . .

Not likely, though as history has a funny way of repeating itself.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

The USA was a super power, today it is bankrupt along with the UK. You could still say that it is a military power but as the USSR economical collapsed we are witnessing the end of the military power of the USA, without real money there is no independence (like we see in the countries that are failing in Europe, its submit or die).

The USA and UK has to pull out a huge bunny out of their... if they intended to continue as before. What we are witnessing in the middle east is the jocking over control of important economic and military resources (no one can have a war without gas, that is why Hitler broke the non aggression pact and invaded the USSR as the allied forces took control over the African resources).

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What is wrong with the Chinese arming the Iranians with weapons to defend themselves. Funny many countries in the world are not happy that America in direct violation on international law goes into countires, bombs millions of people and robs there oil.. Heck funny that..
I am glad the USA is being kept in balance by an opposing force. You know when I saw the Iron curtain and Russia fall i was glad I thought the world would become a nicer place to live in. I was wrong it caused a vacuume and the USA went on a warmongering path of mega proportions...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

No your history my friend, the poster is correct. Japan wanted to surrender..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Uh, No.

Give me a source, because I can't find anything to back you up.

Once again, if they wanted to surrender, why didn't they when warned of the bomb, and why didn't they in the 2 day period after the first bomb was dropped?

My history is based on fact, yours is on wishful thinking.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

USA is the problem as it is a genocidal aggressor hellbent on world domination and depleted uranium genocide.I hope Russia provides a few bioweapons to Iran along with long range delivery systems.

A few Biowarhead GLCM's to Venezuala would be even better.

Everyone should work together to stop the american monster hellbent on devouring the world.American riches are built on the world's poverty.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

To fully understand the lunch of the atomic attack on Japan you must not only understand the mentality of the players at the time but the situation.

Do you see fully the implications? Do you understand the issues with the USSR taking control of part or all of Japan? See and think about what where the benefits of the action in its full geopolitical implications... What would have happened in Europe ?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What is the problem with Iran having nukes?

Everyone with a brain knows that Iran will never start a nuclear war. How they would benefit from that? The Iranian government knows that if they attack Israel with nuclear weapons, Tehran would be "wiped out" of the map.

China has nuclear weapons, Pakistan has nuclear weapons, and it's widely accepted that Israel has nuclear weapons, although Israel deny it, and doesn't allow any "inspection" on its nuclear facilities.

Why the hell the world should be concerned if Iran has nuclear weapons or not?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I hear this argument a lot. I would say that no one has the right to nuclear arms or delivery systems. Frankly, I'd just rather not have more nations being equipped with them. My other issue is that it almost seems like China is goading the US. Also, and this is very hypocritical, I'd rather the country I live in be the only one with nukes; if anyone is going to have them that is.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

It always seems like goading when someone stands (seemingly) without fear in the shadow of a maniac.

We expect China to be fearful. We expect them all to be fearful the same way we are. We support war for the reasons you stated in your other message. Stand close to the bully out of safety.. Self preservation.

Let's face it.. the business of war and fear is owned and operated by the sickest, most ruthless people on the planet. When they start arguing every Good person runs for cover.

Time to stand up and Demand Peace from those who oppose it!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo1010

reply to post by Domo1

Well the USA is proving it is a pack of hypocrites (Government, Military, red necks that is)

Just so your aware Redneck is a racial reference similar to the word n1gger. Not sure why Redneck is not blurred out but 'n-word' is. Both are equally offensive.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Domo1

Because we are not a theocracy and we are not hellbent on bringing the messiah back and starting armageddon. Muslim countries are ruled by islamic regime's and their ultimate doctrine is "convert or kill". There is no separation of church and state, their church is their state. Islimic militants have also sworn Jihad which means they will kill anyone that is not muslim (and they will even kill their own, they have no regard for human life) or they will die trying. Either they will wipe us out or we will wipe them out, there is no peace except the peace offered by the grave. You cannot stop people that cannot be reasoned with, and you cannot reason with extremists.

Anyone attempting to use nukes must be stopped at all costs because the planet can be irreparably damaged with these I.C.B.M.s they have dubbed "crust busters" which are powerful enough to crack the earth's crust. There are religious people in their regime who are dedicated to bringing their messiah which requires the deaths of billions of people as the payment. There is no reasoning with a religion that cares nothing about the sanctity of life or in helping their fellow man wether or not they have the same beliefs or not.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join