It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hotel guests recruited with Homeland Security TV spots - The War On Tourism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Hotel guests recruited with Homeland Security TV spots - The War On Tourism

travel.usatoday.com

The Department of Homeland Security is recruiting hotel guests to join the fight against terrorism.

Starting today, the welcome screens on 1.2 million hotel television sets in Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton, Holiday Inn and other hotels in the USA will show a short public service announcement from DHS. The 15-second spot encourages viewers to be vigilant and call law enforcement if they witness something suspicious during their travels.

But critics of the campaign point out potential pitfalls.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-11-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What a bunch of stupidity
Listen, this will cause mass paranoia and nosyness to curb privacy rights, and how important people view privacy.

One day the thought of privacy will seem as anti-american.

Also the document says that tourists and terrorists are very much alike and have similar traits, like they look around alot, carry luggages and have cameras.

TSA and now this? What will happen to tourism?

War on Tourism is starting!

travel.usatoday.com
edit on 2-11-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Oh wonderful. I've stayed in a couple hotels in the last year or so and they both had these centralized programming systems and turned on with their ad/preview channel pre-set. I can't wait to see Janet's ugly mug and nanny state warnings added to it. I swear I've been about to the point of leaving a hotel TV off completely. With this? I just might now.

George Orwell wouldn't have believed how far beyond his dark vision reality would actually go.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Also the above document says that tourists and terrorists are very much alike and have similar traits, like they look around alot, carry luggages and have cameras.

TSA and now this? What will happen to tourism?

War on Tourism is starting!

travel.usatoday.com

I think it has already started to happen. Based upon the stories by friends that visited the USA in the last couple of years, and how they were treated by the immigration officials, I have no interest in visiting the USA, and most of the people they talk to, say exactly the same thing.
edit on 2/11/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/11/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
looking more and more like how the former east germany was with the messages to report your neighbors erm suspicious persons..

Going to be alot of people looking for new places to meet their mistresses at now.. Gone are the days of just worrying that the busybody neighbor or wifes friend spotted you..

Damn glad am not in amerika .. And between tsa groping and policies like that at hotels no way in hell would I holiday there..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Gives a whole new meaning to calling the front desk because someone in the next room is making too much noise.
Yah front desk? Hi uhh, I think the people in the next room are terrorists. Click. Tee hee hee....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
To be honest i'm surprised at the lack of responses
This should be on page 10 already with 30 flags by now

They are trying to create a new society with paranoia as it's main ingredient

top topics

join