It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the Internet

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Although I agree with you, my problem is that this judge(I suspect), the District Attorney, the State Legislature, and the Police do come into peoples homes and tell us that we are not allowed to beat our children with a belt, and that we may suffer the penalty of prison if we do. Why should this Judge not suffer the same penalty as the law allows him to impose on the citizens of his State?

And as one that had the crap beaten out of them at a young age I have to ask, "Have you got any feelings for the kid that's getting her ass kicked or is it just another political thing that doesn't touch you that you can use?"

My bad for not clarifying my position better. My agreement with the OP is with his idea that parents should be allowed to discipline their children. I do not agree that the discipline should ever be allowed to rise to the level of abuse. And it is my opinion that this Judge's discipline was abuse. The member whose post I was commenting on made a comment about whether people would want others to have the right to come into our homes and tell us how to disciple our children. I was merely pointing out that the judge, among others, do in fact come into our homes and tell us just that, and that he should be held accountable to the laws of his State whether you believe his actions rose to the level of abuse or not.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Our business? Nope not at all.

the hell it's not

you do not own your children

beating a human being - at least in this country - is against the law

edit to add: beating animals is against the law - as well it should be

abusive behavior should never be tolerated or excused

edit on 11/2/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yaluk

Originally posted by caladonea
Children can be disciplined without physical abuse and yelling.

Those of you that are in favor of hitting children...well you are wrong....maybe that is how you were taught...but that teaching is wrong.

Children need love, caring, teaching, nurturing....hitting them is none of that.

Shame on all of you who are in favor of hitting children....you should feel very ashamed indeed.

some kids do not respond to psych, teaching or nuturing... reason grouding nothign worked on me

only the rod... I remember a few instances as clear as day. they would talk to me ground me take toys away reason..

nope only the rod worked. you are wrong hitting in a controlled manner is acceptable punishment. Had I not recieved that treatment by my father, and grandmother I would be a thug ganking you on the streets since i never learned to obey the law and know there are consequences that mean something to me when i misbehave.

My brother was the same but not as bad, my sister only needed to be talked to. Most of my cousins were the same and the only two that didn't get spanked and did not listen to any other deterrent ended up being gang bangers.

My experience and what i have seen in other kids around me with nieces and nephews confirms it.

you are wrong

nope only the rod worked. you are wrong hitting in a controlled manner is acceptable punishment. Had I not recieved that treatment by my father, and grandmother I would be a thug ganking you on the streets since i never learned to obey the law and know there are consequences that mean something to me when i misbehave.

Same here.Some things just dont work.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Enderdog

Originally posted by wlord
my dad never hit me, and if he did i would punch him in the fkn face. that # don't fly with me

So....your first reaction, as a child who was not physically punished, is to go violent? I can't blame you for having violent thoughts about your father. He obviously did an inadequate job of instilling self discipline in you. What methods did he attempt to use, if not physical? Do you recommend them to parents?

Stay well.

That right there.

I don't really have to add to it.

I third this sentiment!

People need to understand that there is a distinct difference between discipline tempered with love, love without discipline, and discipline without love at all. Two of these are extremes, one is a balance. Most of the ATS posters weighing in on this are approaching judgment from one of these three.

Love without discipline = spoiled kids who walk all over their parents and think the world owes them everything, and lack self control.

Discipline without love = abused kids who typically turn into bullies and abusers themselves who lack self control, if they don't address those issues.

Discipline tempered with love = a balanced child with distinct boundaries who knows and appreciates the value of action = consequences. They know how to exercise self control.

link   
I read this thread this morning, and am pleasantly surprised with the responses. People should be outraged. I called down to his office today and received the same schpeel that everyone else has, "We've received numerous calls and are looking into it". Their contact page on their website is down, GOOD! People should act on this.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am ALL for parent rights. But what about the kid's rights? Don't BS me with this nonsense, the kids have no rights. Shut your mouth if that's all you have. This man is making decisions on people's futures every day. He may end up deciding your future some day if you live in Texas. Is this the "Honorable" man that I want deciding my fate? Hell no! This is pure unadulterated rage. This is sick. There is NO justification for this. Whether you are for or against corporal rights of parents, this far exceeds those bounds. We need to stand up for this little girl, no matter if the video was taken in 2005 or yesterday. We need to step up for the other children who are still going through this today.

This is not an issue of "stripping civil liberties". Shut up. This is an issue that deals with the well being of children in today's modern age. The dark ages ended centuries ago. Time to move on and use this man to set an example. Justifiable sacrifice? I think so.

Would a criminal judge convict him based on this evidence? Hands down. Where's my proof? In the pudding. I'm all for all points of view, as that's what this site is founded on, but if you are for defending this man, I can afford to ship you out with him. I'd like to be his judge, jury, and executioner. I mean, this is Texas.. right?

link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
meh, this is a walk in the park compared to how I grew up..

One time my dad beat my sister with a hammer and 2x4 for losing a house key..

But the guy is wrong, I dont understand how people can do this.. One thing I did learn growing up is to never be like my dad was to me to my kid..(did you understand this)

I always wondered if someone would ever get into trouble for something like this.. I guess Anon will make sure to it, but also someone brought up a good point, did the authorities see this?

ALso I only watched about 2 minutes of it, for me same sh*t different day growing up so I already know what happens later..

It is interesting however the girl was telling him to stop, If this were my dad, I would have had a bloody lip or something if I opened my mouth...

You dad is a real piece of crap. I hope he is either past away (painfully) or he does very soon. Beating your sister with a hammer???????

This judge need to be beaten to DEATH......I hope to Satan he dies very soon!!

I forgot that woman in the Video....I hope one night she is walking out late on her own and two men take turns.....well you know, making her feel like a little scared abused child. Just like she did to that girl.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

I pinch the holy soul out my kids from 16 months until 22 months,its the greatest teachings on raising a perfect child,i have no problems after that for the rest of there lives. English is you language not mine.

You're obviously some whacked out troll...because a child at that age doesn't even know what discipline is..

I don't believe you.. but.. I do believe you may be sick and demented.. and need help.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It might not be none of my business but any parent who has to harm their child to show them discipline is backwards and incapable of "looking after" a child (IMO). How any respectable person could hit their (any) child is beyond me. Children are not geniuses and if you are unable to persuade or teach a child without resorting to violence then what does that say about you?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
"Im'a beat you inta submission!" I cant wait until he gets to hear that befor a beating of his own.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27
reply to post by _BoneZ_

i have 7 kids and i have never beat them a day in my life,i might pinch them but i will never beat them,im just saying the child was not abused...period!

wow..pinch..from 16 months on?.. are you for real? This child in this video was not abused?...

You are a whack job that doesn't deserve to have kids.. any parent who would pinch the holy hell out of infants needs to be investigated..if what you stated in another post is true..

You need to have your children taken away.. you are not fit to be a parent..period!!!!

edit on 2-11-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I saw a man that loves his child

What person in their right mind would show "love" to a child by beating them, threatening them with further bodily harm, and then verbally abusing them by telling them they don't deserve to be in that house?

That is not love, and if you think it is, you are sorely mistaken and don't know what love is.

She didn’t listen, so she suffered the consequences, just like in real life

Adults don't get beaten as a consequence of breaking the law in real life. They get fined or have their freedoms taken away by going to jail.

I'm going to bow out of this thread now before things get too heated. Some of these comments are just so mind-bogglingly illogical and disgusting.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

I pinch the holy soul out my kids from 16 months until 22 months,its the greatest teachings on raising a perfect child,i have no problems after that for the rest of there lives. English is you language not mine.

You're obviously some whacked out troll...because a child at that age doesn't even know what discipline is..

I don't believe you.. but.. I do believe you may be sick and demented.. and need help.

Exactly,thats why you have to get them at that age, they will never know and they will never understand why they always listen to you.

When they are that young, you pinch them and you make an ugly face.
From the age of 3 years old to 18, all you have to do is make an ugly face; they mentally will not understand why they are cooperating because you embedded it inside there head when they was young.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Do you know what kind of trouble that
judge could get in if that out of control
kid did things on his internet that are illegal..

Kid's these days have no respect
it is no ones business what this guy does
at home to punish the kids.
edit on 2-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Exactly,thats why you have to get them at that age, they will never know and they will never understand why they always listen to you. When they are that young, you pinch them and you make an ugly face. From the age of 3 years old to 18, all you have to do is make an ugly face; they mentally will not understand why they are cooperating because you embedded it inside there head when they was young.

If you are serious.. and you actually think that is ok.. I sure hope you are investigated.. you sound like an evil person who uses subconscious psychological torture from a very early age..

I feel so bad for your children right now..
..what could they have possibly done to deserve a parent like you..

I honestly hope when you are old and grey and immobile that all your children and their children gather round you and pinch you and make faces....until those images and feelings are firmly imbedded into your psyche as you pass away from this earth...because that's what you deserve.
edit on 2-11-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

People need to understand that there is a distinct difference between discipline tempered with love, love without discipline, and discipline without love at all. Two of these are extremes, one is a balance. Most of the ATS posters weighing in on this are approaching judgment from one of these three.

there is a difference between discipline and abuse

and - it's not a line that is easily confused - I'm extremely tired of hearing this sort of nonsense

if you don't have the patience to teach your child right from wrong without beating them - you really shouldn't be a parent

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

If I knew who you were and for pinching your children, I would have family services pay you a visit in short order.

Even admitting it on ATS could have serious repercussions. I hope it does!!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

whoa ur saying out of control kid?all we saw is her taking a beating for going on the computer,as i said before the simple answer is unplug the monitor and take it out the room,did he really have to hit the s hit out of her with a leather belt?the simple answer to that is no.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I'd hate to be accused of a 1 liner, some people are into that but well said man.

*deducting 1000 points and kicking myself in the ass*

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Do you know what kind of trouble that
judge could get in if that out of control
kid did things on his internet that are illegal..

Kid's these days have no respect
it is no ones business what this guy does
at home to punish the kids.
edit on 2-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Hahaha yeah, he's perfectly fine to give her a good old fashioned beating with a belt he just so happened to have knocking about. Hey, its not like he could have banned her from the internet like.. forever? course not. The only way he could have gotten his message across was by physically beating her.

She sure did learn her lesson by posting this video online years after... >.>

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

If I knew who you were and for pinching your children, I would have family services pay you a visit in short order.

Even admitting it on ATS could have serious repercussions. I hope it does!!

I love you for saying that ..
I was hoping the same.. please..please..if its true..let those children be taken away.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join