It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the Internet

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mindpurge

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by Gseven
He's the parent of a daughter who has just broken the law AGAIN while on his account, and he was a sitting judge. You tell me how YOU would react. Would you be perfect and not get angry? Or would you just waltz away and pretend it didn't happen....again?

He's a judge. He should know better than to act on emotion and rage.

Here's a thought, he could have removed her computer. This is the problem with those who support beatings, you seem to think there's an option of beating your child or not punishing your child at all. It's almost like you don't understand punishment outside of physical violence exists.

It's THIS mentality EXACTLY that has caused our youth to feel over-powered and believe they can get away with anything.

I have NEVER beaten my son, and I can guarantee you that that video is not beating... he didn't throw a bunch, he smack her several times with a belt.

If a parent DOESN'T do this out of emotion, then they shouldn't parent kids... It's emotion that drives you to make sure your kid is steered off the wrong path, by any means.

On top of that... this is the kicker

MOST GROWN UPS WILL ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY ARE HAPPY THEIR PARENTS LOVED THEM ENOUGH TO SPANK THEM, TO KEEP THEM OFF THE WRONG PATH.

Sure if you don't love or care about your kid, you'll let them get away with it.

But you didn't read my post. I didn't say you should not punish your kids, I said there's other, workable and effective forms of punishment that don't involve violence.

Cut the nonsense, most people would happily be given a few slaps on the arse before being grounded without their tv or phones. You know it and I know it. A beating, while vulgar and disgusting on behalf of the parents, is only temporary. If you think violence is the only solution, the only method that works, it's a sad indication of your own parenting skills - or lack of them - and nobody elses.

I also find it odd that you seem to think everyone was beaten as a kid. Maybe in Saudi Arabia and America that's true but certainly where I'm from it isn't. And if the internet is anything to go by Americans aren't the most mature or respectful of people. So the mass beatings have seemingly failed your nation.

And guess what, beatings are most common amongst the working class, where crime and physical violence are at their highest.

You're a big man shouting at people with your keyboard. Maybe your parents didn't hit you hard enough? Because they've failed to instill any of the respect and values you're preaching.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mindpurge

Originally posted by OzTruth

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Emanuele_C2

Actually biting can generally ONLY be solved by showing a child what it feels like to be bitten. Once they understand what it is they are doing, and what it is inflicting upon others, then the biting stops.

Muzzle has a point BUT this is overboard IF it is just for the sake of using the internet. What am I saying....a beating like that isn't really deserved. Full stop. Some parents need to come out of the 60's and 70's.

It turns out she was downloading illegal games/music/movies whatever, and he was pissed because it was under his account name (he paid the internet bill).

In fact this is good, because it shows this guy is NOT CORRUPT very much. A corrupt judge would let their kids get away with anything, while throwing the book at everyone else for the exact same crime.

I am happy that the facts have turned out to be revealing my original hypothesis true, that this is way way out of context.

Also like another poster above said, she probably screamed and cried extra loud just for the camera to make it appear even worse.

Her releasing it on the internet 7 years later, a week after a huge argument with her dad on the phone (let me guess he cut her money off?) right before his election, shows the depth of her deceptiveness.

OMG listen to this guy, and his is trying so hard to sound like he has a valid points. This isn't debate it's the dribbling of an immoral troll... Let me point out the immoral rhetoric, points made with no clue of what's going on...

"Also like another poster above said, she probably screamed and cried extra loud just for the camera to make it appear even worse"

Or this

"Her releasing it on the internet 7 years later, a week after a huge argument with her dad on the phone (let me guess he cut her money off?) right before his election, shows the depth of her deceptiveness."

What's all the supporters of muzzleflash going to say now....

Now he is just as bad as this next guy..... Or maybe the stupidity is rubbing off.....

Originally posted by Magantice
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I didnt see any blood. I didnt see the teenager limping away in agony. She is a liar, a thief, a cheat? I think she will recover and when shes an adult, like most of us who have known the belt, she will be a productive citizen in society.
Its parents who give up, who have the children who turn out to be loosers. It not like this was a small child. Small children should not be beaten. Teenagers on the other hand are a whole different breed. Think about what kind of monster a teenager can be before you judge the judge.

I can't believe what I am seeing here.... This aint debating. It's people being inconsiderate, mean and immoral. It's no wonder child abuse is rampant in the US

ATS take down these supporters of child abuse

Wow... you are seriously messed up in the head man... do you have kids? Do you know what "tough love" is? If you don't then you shouldn't parent a kid.

THIS IS NOT CHILD ABUSE

Wow... #ing idiots sure post liberally here.

We have another one ATS they sure do like coming out and proving me or us right....
Note his join date vs posts.... Doesn't that say alot

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
once again the below posts are alledgedly from the twitter account of the girl being attacked in the video;

shoeofallcosmos Hillary
Please spread the word that my father needs professional help and not hatred. We can offer him the tools to be a better person. #fb
3 minutes ago

Hillary
shoeofallcosmos Hillary
It is my wish that people stop threatening my father and start offering professional help. That is what he really needs.
6 minutes ago

twitter.com...#!/shoeofallcosmos

It's too late. She just signed her fathers death warrant.

I hope she's happy with herself. She is gonna regret this for the rest of her life.

People threatened me repetitively simply because I said wait, not so fast.
What do you think people will do to this man who was in the video?

He needs security for sure.
edit on 2-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

She won't regret it one bit. My mother did this to me growing up and I only WISH I could have let the world see it. Beatings like that make you grow to hate and despise that person more than anyone in the world. I left my home at 18 and I never went back to see my mother yet and that was 23 years ago. I won't even be at the funeral. Good riddance! I have girls of my own and after all the many years of beatings I too. Yeah, it left me emotionless, almost like a zombie sometimes, but I never beat my girls because I don't want them to go through what I went through. I love them more than anything in the world and any human that touches them in a negative manner.....the beatings will be reserved for them.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

You should forgive her...it only hurts you in the long run. I am sorry you went through that, but it's not the discipline she gave you that you hate. It's the amount of love she DIDN'T give you in the process. If she would have loved you properly, then the discipline would have been balanced. I wonder what kind of childhood she had that led her to be that kind of mother? Sometimes it takes a stronger person to empathize with the people who have hurt them the most. You don't have to have them in your life, but if you were forced to view videos of her childhood, you might feel differently. She may have tried to be different, but failed and didn't know how to fix it.

Love without discipline and discipline without love will both yield terrible results. The former will yield kids who walk all over their parents and think the world owes them everything. The latter will result in angry, bitter people who hate their parent(s), and live their lives constantly reliving their anger and fear vicariously through others' pain and experiences.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1

So in the end, I will defend a parents right to beat their child, even if it goes beyond what I personally find acceptable.

It's not our business.

How about I come into all of your houses and tell you how to live?

I respect your opinion, but seriously, how many damn kids have been beaten to death because no one would get involved? Because no one would call the authorities? I agree that we all have a right to raise our kids the way we see fit, but there is a line you don't cross...I had my fair share of spankings, and I deserved it, but really, where do you draw the line at knowing something is wrong in a particular situation?

well i agree that the abuse was excessive i have to ask you "how many kids are disrespectful trouble makers because they do not get disciplined?"

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
You see the current status of juveniles in the prison system? Quite a few are from families that didnt discipline their kids.

If you ran any sort of poll overwhelmingly you'd find people in prison were beaten as kids. 70% of the prison population are non white. Use a bit of common sense.

link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
there you go, kids not being disiplined

Just because one idiot kid.....maybe even a few out of 300+ million kids in the states does something like this, doesn't mean that they ALL will. This is avery bad example. It's one kid who made the news. You have to use ratio and consider the whole country when trying to set a statistic of abuse, as you just did. I would say, overall, most kids in the states do just fine. We only see the jerks on the news. They never put a well behaved kid on the news. That would be boring and make the media industry no money.

link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You are of course correct. I would like to add that the same theme of brother's keeper runs through the New Testament, or new covenant as you say. Do unto others...., judge not...., love your neighbour as yourself....etc. However, sacrificing your children does not carry through into the new testament.

What I'm saying is we have a responsibility not only towards the daughter, but the Judge, his wife and the rest of his family.

I can see your point as evidenced on this page Ritual Human Sacrifice

From my standpoint however, these arguments are weak, ambiguous and taken out of context in many cases. If you want to discuss this in private messaging, I will oblige.

However, not to get off topic, some help should be offered, although if it is refused then nothing else can be done except pray or litigation if this situation is against a human law.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Maybe 99% of our politicians, bankers, and corrupt governmental workers should be beaten also? What would it solve, pretty much nothing, but the fact that someone got to vent their anger on them, or others enjoyed watching them get beat. Problem would still be there.

Actually it is the opposite, beating kids makes them mean as a snake, unless they come to grips with the violence later in life and understand it solves nothing.

How do I know? I was one of those kids years ago. I chose a much different path and my son is a fine young man, without once getting beat into submission, struck with my hand or any other extension of my hand.

Parents have already failed way before any situation arises, if they need to strike their children.

You see the current status of juveniles in the prison system? Quite a few are from families that didnt discipline their kids.
These are the same kids that grow up and rob banks, mug people and eventually murder someone, then when its discovered, you'd all say, Where were the parents? Why didnt they discipline them when it was needed?

edit on 2-11-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

link   
Right or wrong - I bet his daughter won't think this was such a good idea to post the video when they're losing their home because her dad lost his job....

16 year old kids do stupid stuff, and their sense of "right and wrong" is so impulsive and relative that what usually happens is they regret most major decisions (especially those made in the emotion of the moment) they make.

The only thing that spooks me about this is the anger that the man was showing... I've got a 14 year old, and I love him dearly, but I think sometimes as parents we let the anger we feel towards the ACTIONS of our kids spill into anger AGAINST our kids.

I don't beat my kids like this, but I do respect his right to. This isn't child abuse... poor parenting maybe, but he's doing this out of love for her to try and teach her what he believes will develop her into a productive member of society.

Child abuse is the neglect and/or injury of a child from a lack of love, not because you're trying to teach them and develop them.

Think about it. I promise you that he would rather have sat on his couch and drank a beer just ignoring what she was doing on her computer than have to do this and then deal with his daughter being closed off to him for probably the next 3 months.

And to those of you with no kids... especially no teenagers... please remember that talk is cheap and you're sitting in the cheap seats.

link   
Two things:
First: Google
Corrupt Judge William Adams
and see what you find.

Second, some speculation: It is very likely that this happened a lot more often in that household. Abusers typically behave that way for a long time, if they aren't stopped. (So much for not intervening in other peoples affairs.)

Apparently, the girl suffers from cerebral palsy.
There are many causes for that ailment. One of them:

Child abuse during infancy can cause significant brain damage which, in turn, can lead to cerebral palsy. This abuse often takes the form of severe shaking from a frustrated parent or caregiver, causing hemorrhage in or just outside the brain. To further compound the problem, many children with developmental abnormalities are at risk for being abused. Thus, a child with cerebral palsy may be made significantly worse or even killed by a single incident of abuse.

Source

So even if abuse did not cause the condition in the first place, beating a child with this illness carries with it a great risk of making it worse or even killing it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Anonymous has now gained access to Judge William Adams' home address and phone number and is spreading it around the Internet like wild fire.

[color=F5BC9A]This situation could escalate beyond simple angry YouTube comments very soon and might make national media headlines.

Is that what you want to happen? What would you personally like to see, as a result of this?

It seems as if you haven't actually given any personal opinion, but fact of the matter is that you are helping to spread it, in an effort to further promote it to a status of 'viral'.

Obviously, nobody would spread this video, because they think the man should be forgiven. Hell, nobody would spread this video if they even simply just wanted to know the entire truth.

Nothing good can come of this. Some people whine about the girl. She's an adult. She doesn't need saved. Child Protective Services can't do anything about it.

[color=BCF5B8]If anything at all happens to this man, will faceless people hiding behind their computers be praised for it? It might be no more than threats, in the form of mail and/or harassing phone calls. That would still be enough to make many upset. I wonder what that could do to the few online freedoms that we still currently have......

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
It's telling that you're unwilling to provide evidence for your claims. If they're so readily available it wouldn't take you long to cite them.

i refuse to pander to your demands when you have already stated you doubt the stastics for abuse is true. you described them as liberal.

you disgust me.

It was a simple request. You made a claim, I asked you to provide evidence for the claim before I continue debating the issue.

Spin it however you want. People "demand" sources from me and I give them readily, but then I have confidence in what I claim.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Right or wrong - I bet his daughter won't think this was such a good idea to post the video when they're losing their home because her dad lost his job....

That was 7 years ago, so she probably doesnt live at home anymore. Or if, then with her mother who (what coincidence) got divorced from Mr. Adams in the meantime.
edit on 2-11-2011 by roswell1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

He's the parent of a daughter who has just broken the law AGAIN while on his account, and he was a sitting judge. You tell me how YOU would react. Would you be perfect and not get angry? Or would you just waltz away and pretend it didn't happen....again?

Oh, I would be angry, no doubt. Apparently, this wasn't her first offense, so I go back to my original statement about simply removing the ability to break the rules. Again, the common-sense in me says to do the logical and rational thing. Call the police, maybe? Create your own "jail time" and make her work for some kind of restitution. Report her crime or make her actually deal with the consequences and let her actually learn something.

My kids haven't broken the law yet but I did catch one of my 7-year-olds with a small item he had taken off the shelf at the store. He had it up in his shirt and his sister saw and called him out. I didn't beat him. I took his hand and promptly brought him over to a manager and made him give it back and explain himself and the manager explained the consequences of stealing. I can guarantee you that he won't try that again. His ego was crushed, he was ashamed and knew he did wrong. He broke down in tears (and he's a tough little guy!) and just said "sorry, mommy!" over and over until we got home. When we did get home, he hugged me, apologized again and when asked if he would ever try that again, his eyes got all big and he just said no way! All without a single hand laid on him. We were stern and authoritative but we didn't even need to raise our voices.

What lesson would he have learned if we simply just whipped out a belt and beat him with it? Instead of learning that stealing is wrong and could land him in a lot of trouble, he'd just learn that he'd get beat and next time, he'd have to be more sneaky as not to get caught by mom and dad.

That particular law...the downloading illegal things, probably would just cause me to require so many chores to be completed every day for a few weeks, no friends, no television or video games and then completely remove all internet and computer access, aside from school work with supervision. If my child were to break the law by causing another person harm or damage, the cops would be called. No beating necessary.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
her parents rule by fear..meaning once they can not threaten her with physical violence anymore, then they will hold no power over her..nor will she respect them.

These parents are a good example of how not to be a parent. 16 years old...16..really? the time for spankings is over when they reach 7.. (7 and before, they don't get long complex discussions, they do understand the shock from a sudden tap on the butt for doing something..and tap, not big blistering welts)

What they teach is bullying and resolving disagreements through violence.

This guys a judge? gah...nothing like a mentally disabled rage machine deciding the fate of people whom have screwed up now and then..if he abuses his own family, what does he do to strangers...guy needs help, and the daughter needs emancipation/restraining order

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Maybe 99% of our politicians, bankers, and corrupt governmental workers should be beaten also?

Actually it is the opposite, beating kids makes them mean as a snake, unless they come to grips with the violence later in life and understand it solves nothing.

How do I know? I was one of those kids years ago. I chose a much different path and my son is a fine young man, without once getting beat into submission, struck with my hand or any other extension of my hand.

Parents have already failed way before any situation arises, if they need to strike their children.

I've never beat my kid into submission, but I've spanked my kids. Please don't get all self-righteous on us now about "striking" your kids.

Kids who are beaten out of hate and anger grow up mean as a snake... kids who are spanked out of love and discipline grow up to be very respectful and productive people...

The physical aspect isn't really the issue at all - it's about the nature of the parent as a whole... whether they use spanking or not is only a magnifying glass for the larger role the parent plays in the kid's life.

I've worked countless hours with my 14 year old on sports, school projects, you name it. I drive him to school every day because I don't want him to have to get up at the crack of dawn to catch the bus.

So if I put him over my knee and smack his ass... I promise you he knows it's because I need him to know I'm serious and that what he did has serious consequences...

This isn't the first option... but it always needs to remain A OPTION

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven

Originally posted by Phenomium

once again the below posts are alledgedly from the twitter account of the girl being attacked in the video;

shoeofallcosmos Hillary
Please spread the word that my father needs professional help and not hatred. We can offer him the tools to be a better person. #fb
3 minutes ago

Hillary
shoeofallcosmos Hillary
It is my wish that people stop threatening my father and start offering professional help. That is what he really needs.
6 minutes ago

twitter.com...#!/shoeofallcosmos

It's too late. She just signed her fathers death warrant.

I hope she's happy with herself. She is gonna regret this for the rest of her life.

People threatened me repetitively simply because I said wait, not so fast.
What do you think people will do to this man who was in the video?

He needs security for sure.
edit on 2-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

She won't regret it one bit. My mother did this to me growing up and I only WISH I could have let the world see it. Beatings like that make you grow to hate and despise that person more than anyone in the world. I left my home at 18 and I never went back to see my mother yet and that was 23 years ago. I won't even be at the funeral. Good riddance! I have girls of my own and after all the many years of beatings I too. Yeah, it left me emotionless, almost like a zombie sometimes, but I never beat my girls because I don't want them to go through what I went through. I love them more than anything in the world and any human that touches them in a negative manner.....the beatings will be reserved for them.

You should forgive her...it only hurts you in the long run. I am sorry you went through that, but it's not the discipline she gave you that you hate. It's the amount of love she DIDN'T give you in the process. If she would have loved you properly, then the discipline would have been balanced. I wonder what kind of childhood she had that led her to be that kind of mother? Sometimes it takes a stronger person to empathize with the people who have hurt them the most. You don't have to have them in your life, but if you were forced to view videos of her childhood, you might feel differently. She may have tried to be different, but failed and didn't know how to fix it.

Love without discipline and discipline without love will both yield terrible results. The former will yield kids who walk all over their parents and think the world owes them everything. The latter will result in angry, bitter people who hate their parent(s), and live their lives constantly reliving their anger and fear vicariously through others' pain and experiences.

but it's not the discipline she gave you that you hate. It's the amount of love she DIDN'T give you in the process. If she would have loved you properly, then the discipline would have been balanced. I wonder what kind of childhood she had that led her to be that kind of mother?

You don't do this to people you love. This is anger focused on another person whom you feel you have the right to take it out on. My mother was beaten, just as she did me. The difference is this, I know she was full of nothing but excuses and anger and hate, because She "chose" to beat me like that and used the excuse that she was beaten like that as well. I have 2 girls of my own and I would NEVER treat them like this or even remotely close to how I was treated. The reason is, that I make no excuses the aggressor, or the behavior. I chose to make sure that my girls were treated right and as I said in a previous post, will reserve my anger and the beatings for anyone who would hurt them. I did forgive my mom, by the way, but that doesn't mean I have to ever see her or like being around her. I also chose to just forget her.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

The fact that this occurred in 2004, according to the Youtube description, was conveniently left out of the OP of this thread.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Why is the "for using the internet" part added? As if there are okay reasons to beat one's child and bad reasons for doing it.

Thread should have just said "Judge William Adams Beats Daughter".

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hi ATS, long time viewer but this video has prompted me to actually create an account because of how strongly I feel about this.

My Father was rather harsh and although he didn't use a belt, being a police officer, he knew how to make up for not using one.

There are people replying to this thread saying that it's none of our business and that view is a matter of perspective. I could understand that argument if he was 'smacking' her with an open hand, as is common in the UK. On a sidenote, I believe the UK has become a nanny state and we have a lot of wild teenagers/children these days that could easily have been sorted out with a better punishment.

But what is a suitable punishment? I believe that most of the western world is enlightened enough to move on from extreme physical punishment and while I believe we should be allowed to smack our children, I also believe there is a line that you do not cross.

I may not agree with using a belt, but using the belt a few times on the childs bottom is not crossing the line. I feel that if a belt had to be used, then the Mother took it as far as it could be. She hardly used it and actually talked to the child. Using a little physical and mostly talk, I think that was okay.

The line was crossed by the Father because it became gratuitous:

Within the first seven seconds, it is already stated by the Mother that she already received a spanking.

The first belt was because she hesitated to accept the punichment: this is to be expected - who wants to be belted? But he hardly gave her time to move. It's not like she's going to run to the bed with excitement.

The second to fith belt was gratuitous. At this point her legs must have hurt so much that it was painful to stand, therefore she couldn't stand up so again, I can understand the hesitation.

Belting six to eight was on the bottom, which was the original 'spanking' punishment. But simply because she hadn't assumed the 'spanking' position, he wanted more. At that point he should have stopped. Punishment over.

Belting nine and ten was gratuitous. She was sitting down, in tears from the pain and shock of the previous beltings. These belting were not required and only served to pleasure William Adams.

Now he insists that she bend over the bed and threatens to 'spank' her in the face. We've already established that spanking constitutes using a belt in this case, so he has threatended to hit her in the face with a belt.

Now, four more beltings and holds what seems to be her mouth and shoves her.

The Mother takes the belt from the belt. He directs the Mother to spank her more. Without giving her much of a chance, considering she's in severe pain, he states she's won't comply and that she's disobedient. William Adams then says he's going to get another belt. The Mother has spoken to her child and instructed her to get on her stomach to receive a belt on the bottom. The Mother does what I would consider tolerable punishment with a belt - a single belt to the bottom. This was the original, intended punishment.

So far, fourteen beltings just to get her to comply to the single belt to the bottom. Fifteen so far.

The Mother and Father are both out of the room at this point. I think you can hear the Mother say to Adams "that doesn't mean you got to keep on, that is enough" and when William Adams returns, I have difficultiy in understanding what he says here: "I never got my lick cam on her!"

Three more beltings are given by Adams and states "I'll beat you into submission". This is something I wouldn't even say to an animal. Eighteen beltings in total.

They discuss the problems computers have presented in their house, arguments etc. Adams then grabs the child and emotionally abuses the child stating that she doesn't deserve to live in the house. He also states that he will "keep beating you and beating you".

Adams goes further with "If I hear so much as you raise your #ing voice... to me or to your Mother or the wrong tone. Or you do one little thing or you look at me #ing wrong and I'll take you in here and wear your #ing ass out with this belt." - this is rather threatening and while I understand people get angry, this does seem to show a lack of self control.

I work in IT and I do agree that computers can cause arguments at home, but there are methods of control on a computer, even in 2004. Hell, a local security policy would have stopped her from installing programs.

If they are so concerned with the children installing programs, they should have hired an IT consultant to do this for them. He's a Judge, so he's pretty well paid and so money is not an excuse.

To finish off... I think this punishment did cross a line. Being hit with a belt a couple of times may be the norm for his family, but to be hit eighteen times for installing a computer game with very little time spent talking to her is outrageous. Social services (or whatever the US version is, should have been made aware).
edit on 2-11-2011 by Super64PR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join