It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Attacked By Kindergarten Student

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

A kindergarten teacher is recovering after she was beaten by a 5-year-old student.

Aldine Independent School District officials said the attack happened at Stovall Academy, 3025 Ellington, on Oct. 5. The teacher was sweeping her classroom when some of the students got into a fight. T

he teacher reprimanded a 5-year-old student, and that student pushed the teacher to the ground, sources close to the school told KPRC Local 2.

Sources said the student jumped and stomped on the teacher, threw a chair at her and hit her repeatedly with a broomstick. The teacher had to go to a hospital for treatment.

She was out of work for more than a week. School district officials said the student has a history of behavioral problems and he has been places in an alternative program. Some parents said they were shocked by the student's behavior. "If he has those issues now, how is he going to be in high school?" parent Camilia Tillis said.

Article

I don't condone hitting a child at all. But, how do you let a five year old beat you up, and put you in the hospital? At the very least, hold the child down until help could arrive.
edit on 2-11-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well, i don't know how the teacher was able to be overcome by this 5 year old, but i would like to think that i would have been able to diffuse the situation much sooner for sure!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
How many lbs was the adult vs the near toddler?!

This is just bizarre...

Was it a case of an anorexic adult, vs a tubby child??

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

She was out of work for more than a week. School district officials said the student has a history of behavioral problems and he has been places in an alternative program. Some parents said they were shocked by the student's behavior. "If he has those issues now, how is he going to be in high school?" parent Camilia Tillis said.

As a parent, my first thought here is, what the heck was this little two legged nightmare doing in a class that wasn't prepared to handle him?? Sounds like they had a pretty good idea this kid was a couple bricks shy of a full load. If he could take down an adult teacher by simply getting the drop on her in a split second like that, what could this horror have done to one of OUR children out of sight of an adult who could stop it??

What is wrong with that picture?? When did 5 year olds get this level of animalistic viciousness? This is what you see on the street between people with a lifetime of bad times to build it. The world is going mad.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I work with challenging children in England. I am trained to physically restrain a child. I am trained to take control over a child who has lost all control. As an adult my training includes making certain that a child is safe during these violent out bursts and also any others that are in the area. A child can loose control over many things but unfairness, injustice, frustration and anger are the norm in a classroom environment. Children do not think like adults. They do not understand their emotions or have developed skills to process them. Our expectations of young children is to learn and obey rules. In an environment when there are so many children a child may not form a trusting or even friendly rapport with the adult teaching them, then this erupting rage can happen at any time.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'm thinking the teacher is either less than 5 ft. tall and 90 pounds or an opportunist looking for a payday. Can you say lawsuit? Seriously, what 5 year old is physically capable of this?

edit on 2-11-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Nope. it's a demonstration of body mechanics. The teacher bent over to break up the fight. This made her easy to unbalance, to push over. And once you're down, you probably aren't going to get back up easily. Throw in even an average-sized kindergartener - that's what, 50 pounds? More, less? - jumping up and down on your back and hitting you with a broom?

Don't underestimate little people.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
What is wrong with that picture?? When did 5 year olds get this level of animalistic viciousness? This is what you see on the street between people with a lifetime of bad times to build it. The world is going mad.

A self-centered worldview coupled with both a lack of empathy and a lack of understanding of cause - effect relationships. A kid - ANY kid - who is really angry, is really angry. And a great many of them will not understand that htey can hurt people or what the consequences might be.

Now toss that in with a possibly abused or neglected child? yeah, the poor kid's basically an animal. I hope he gets the treatment he definitely needs.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Now toss that in with a possibly abused or neglected child? yeah, the poor kid's basically an animal. I hope he gets the treatment he definitely needs.

At this age, especially, I will agree 100% with getting the kid all the treatment that would be appropriate. He's certainly still young enough to turn things around, in my view...and I'd wondered the same thing about where he must have learned this kind of behavior. I wonder about his parents... Hmmmm..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I personally question the credibility of this story.....I don't think it is true....the question to me is...why did someone make up such a story?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

reply to post by unityemissions

Nope. it's a demonstration of body mechanics. The teacher bent over to break up the fight. This made her easy to unbalance, to push over. And once you're down, you probably aren't going to get back up easily. Throw in even an average-sized kindergartener - that's what, 50 pounds? More, less? - jumping up and down on your back and hitting you with a broom?

Don't underestimate little people.

I'm still not convinced, I grew up with a multitude of cousins most of whom were all under my age, and you'd have to be physically impared to let a 5 year old overpower you.

They might have knocked them over, but .. thats just awkwardness on the behalf of the teacher.

How much can a 5 year old swing a broom to inflict pain... let along debilitating pain..

I'd have to see a video of this to understand how it happened, but... anyone thought the teacher is just after compo?? I dunno, it just seems really bizarre.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
I'm thinking the teacher is either less than 5 ft. tall and 90 pounds or an opportunist looking for a payday. Can you say lawsuit? Seriously, what 5 year old is physically capable of this?

edit on 2-11-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

even at 5ft and 90 pounds the teacher would still have a 50 pound and a 2 and a half foot height advantage over the average 5 year old.

she must of turtled and have been in mortal fear to be beaten silly by practically an infant. if it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious.

edit on 2-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This is not an average student. And its due to the lack of special ed teachers in the US. This little boy is probably any number of learning disabilities, which definitely affect behavior and acting out and needs his own program, and good testing.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I've never been "built" by any means, but there is not a 5 year old alive that can put me in the hospital for a week. Something is very wrong with this.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have a 7 year old nephew and he is barely controllable right now. The last time he almost got evicted from school he appeared before the principal 3 times. 3 times! Each time he was scolded and sent back to class where he waited for another opportunity to begin picking on the same little kid all over again. Half his size! Later he told me that he was "just having fun with them". He enjoys bullying and could care less what any adult tells him. He smiled when I confronted him about the last in a long line of abuse he heaps on his peers at school, church and his cousins house.

I am also shocked and not surprised that today younger and younger kids not only quickly display anger but goto blows as well in a heartbeat. No one is teaching them that its okay to be mad and show it; but never, ever lay on hands as an extension of that anger. Have we lost our coping skills?

I know that in the case of my nephew, his parents started off early grabbing, pulling and tugging at him, locking him in his room, and swatting his rump for anything that he refused to do. So he has no idea of boundries. To him, anger and impatience means physical conflict. Thats what he is learning. And he enjoys it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

A self-centered worldview coupled with both a lack of empathy and a lack of understanding of cause - effect relationships. A kid - ANY kid - who is really angry, is really angry. And a great many of them will not understand that htey can hurt people or what the consequences might be.

I dont care how big the 5 year old was, I would have kicked its ass.....err..wait does that sound petty?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Or perhaps the entire system is so impotent that a teacher doesn't dare hold down a child or physically restrain them lest they be accused of "abuse" since it's a matter of one's word against another and no video. And everyone knows that children are just so helpless..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I have a 7 year old nephew and he is barely controllable right now. The last time he almost got evicted from school he appeared before the principal 3 times. 3 times! Each time he was scolded and sent back to class where he waited for another opportunity to begin picking on the same little kid all over again. Half his size! Later he told me that he was "just having fun with them". He enjoys bullying and could care less what any adult tells him. He smiled when I confronted him about the last in a long line of abuse he heaps on his peers at school, church and his cousins house.

I am also shocked and not surprised that today younger and younger kids not only quickly display anger but goto blows as well in a heartbeat. No one is teaching them that its okay to be mad and show it; but never, ever lay on hands as an extension of that anger. Have we lost our coping skills?

I know that in the case of my nephew, his parents started off early grabbing, pulling and tugging at him, locking him in his room, and swatting his rump for anything that he refused to do. So he has no idea of boundries. To him, anger and impatience means physical conflict. Thats what he is learning. And he enjoys it.

Your post concerns me, because my sister had the same problems with her son.

What neither she, nor our family knew then that frequently (though not common knowledge to parents/families) for 7 year old boys who have an undiagnosed learning disability to start to show behavioural symptoms outwardly.

Generally the child is no longer able to keep up in class, struggle to understand what is being taught. The child can no longer keep up the pretence, as the child has not fully comprehend earlier lessons. The child is unable to build on to assists with new learning. Much like a house with foundations. Learning and education is very much like constructing a house. You must first lay a strong foundation and the build upon it gradually.

If it goes unchecked or is not noticed then the behaviour becomes detrimental to the child's long-term learning experience. Hopefully this is of some help. Good luck

edit on 2-11-2011 by DonaldD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
How much can a 5 year old swing a broom to inflict pain... let along debilitating pain..

Ever had a 5 year old hit you with a broomstick? or jump up and down on your back?

Go experiment. we'll wait.

Or, if you prefer to not let your little nephew whack you with an inch-thick wooden stick, take it from someone who's been head-butted by a four year old; they can hurt you. Especially if they get you in tender spots like, oh, the head.Or, you know, your spine...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
You'd be surprised on how strong these kids can be. Doesn't take my niece that much to lay me down. I'm 4'11 and 83 pds. I also don't think the teacher wanted to be responsible for putting any bruises on the child.

I don't think the officials will see a self defense claim with a Teacher and a 5 year old. imo
edit on 2-11-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join