It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You raise em, we cage em" Schools police union in trouble for slogan on thier shirts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So, I have to ask, is this another blatant attempt of the police overstepping their boundaries, or is it just an attempt at humor? Some people don't think its very funny, although there is some truth in their reasoning.
heres another article about it that has a picture of the shirt...www.sacbee.com...

A Northern California school police officers union has angered a town after it sold T-shirts with a picture of a child behind bars and the slogan: "U raise 'em, we cage 'em." Town leaders said the fundraising shirts are highly offensive and fuel mistrust of the Twin Rivers Police Department in North Highlands, the Sacramento Bee (http://(link tracking not allowed)/sDbEnl ) reported Tuesday. "Unfortunately, this shirt seems to confirm that this is who Twin Rivers Police are and how they think, or at least some of them," Derrell Roberts said. "This doesn't speak highly of the culture of this department."

The Twin Rivers Police Officers Association officials said they came up with the T-shirt idea in 2009 to raise money for fallen officers. Less than 30 shirts were ordered and most were sold for $12 to union members. Association President Arlin Kocher said the shirts were a mistake and that the union stopped selling them this summer at the police chief's request. "I don't think this will be received well by the public, which is why we stopped selling them," Kocher said. "Our union, especially me, take full responsibility." The Sacramento-area department has been under increasing scrutiny since one of its officers was shot four times on Oct. 22. The suspected shooter died hours later.

The department, which has 20 sworn officers, has had three cases in which officers shot and wounded suspects in the past two years, according to the Sacramento Bee. Twin Rivers Unified Superintendent Frank Porter, who oversees the police department, said officials are meeting to decide whether to take disciplinary action. "I am deeply disappointed that any of our employees would produce anything like that, even in their off time," Porter said.

I do believe that sometimes there has to be something done about kids committing crime, and to help raise awareness about it, but I think its in bad taste, but still funny in a way. What do you think?
edit on 1-11-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Reply to post by Veritas1

Should have read:

"If you don't raise them, we'll cage them."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Should have read:

sounds good to me after all as the old saying goes, if you cant do the time don't do the crime

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Should have read:

Or maybe...

"If YOU don't Cage 'em...WE will".

Might tell the parents to keep their kids off the streets at night.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Maybe if I had kids, I wouldn't think it was funny.
But I have no kids, and I do think it's funny.

[color=BFE1FF]I especially love the eyes.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You guys have school police? Are you serious?
In Australia we have the police go to a school on the odd occasion.
Dont take offence but what is so wrong about your society that you need school police?
Is it your gun control? Is it the size of population? It's just a strange concept to me.
Do americans care about the fact their schools need cops?
I'm just wondering thats all

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You got to love it. As a mother, i'm offended to even see that picture of the little guy behind bars.

Just how far are they taking this, those @#$%^%.........

I can think of a place where i'd put those shirts.....

NWO sp00ks!!

top topics

join