It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver police spill protesters' blood (PHOTOS, VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

And how do you know they are not? Are you not the one who is assuming now>

I beg your pardon I have been at the Occupation protests since they started in the UK, and have supported the occupied movement from the beginning, seems to to me you accuse anyone whom backs this movement, by accusing them of jumping on the wagon.

Seems to me also you are the one who has no clue whats going on. I could have friends at that protest, which in any case is none of your business.. You know nothing about me, so dont presume you do.

edit on 1-11-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Oh Male cops do it all the time and try and get away with it. They now have to cover their backsides with having female cops there.

Maybe that cops does not get enough of it at home.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Well now the Church has suspended its legal bid to have those protestors removed. There is Morales for you,

While they discuss the issues with the protestors, the co-operate greedy authority of London continues with its legal bid.

St Paul's Cathedral is suspending its legal action against an anti-capitalist protest camp outside the church.

A cathedral spokesman said it intended to "engage directly and constructively" with the protesters "without the threat of forcible eviction".

It said the investment banker Ken Costa would head an initiative "reconnecting the financial with the ethical".

-

The City of London Corporation has said it plans to issue eviction letters to the protesters.

Occupy London Stock Exchange said it was preparing to respond.

BBC news

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's amazing how many articles one has to pull up in Google before finding...the rest of the story. Occupy Denver members and a few of their friends (some 2,000, estimated) attempted to storm and occupy the State Capital building during the afternoon and shortly before the raid here took place. Police were injured as well as protesters and at least one was knocked off their motorcycle. Calls out across Denver's police channels were reporting the use of wires to trip police and that, to their belief, weapons were present in the crowd.

The raid on the camp was simply payback and response in kind to the escalation shown by the Occupy Denver protesters. Who was right and who was wrong? I'll say that MOST camps I have looked at and watched...including the one I was at...went out of their way NOT to do something like attempt the forceful occupation of a State or City building and over the top of police assigned to prevent it from happening.

What precisely did they expect would happen?? They go 'tease the bears' and the cops just call it over at the one engagement? Ummm... Wow... Naive doesn't begin to describe it if that was the thinking.

Now I watched the first raid on Occupy Denver's camp live, as I have so many of these across media and Occupation member livestreams. It's almost become a nightly ritual, as there are raids somewhere, every night now. However, Colorado State Police and the Denver PD that followed up went in fully dressed for a riot in force....yet handled it in such a way that NO CONFLICT actually took place. They went as easy and soft as reasonably possible. That was the FIRST raid.....and every time an OWS location is shown any consideration or compassion..it seems that is repaid by a doubling of efforts to antagonize or provoke authority at the next earliest opportunity.

and....they wonder why people are just getting sick and tired of this crap. Nothing will be accomplished this way but to completely and forever turn the public HARD against everything even remotely related to OWS.

Thanks for the indepth report of what really happened.
Now this thread can be filed in the fraud hoax bin as it is a complete fabrication of reallity.
OWS is just a front for revolutionaries to hide behind and throw rocks.

This OP would have you believe a peaceful camp was raided and everyone was shot for no reason in the dead of night as they slept by a campfire all tuckered out from singing koombaya all night. No mention of the treasonous act of trying too overthrow a State Capital with a mob of armed anarchists.

A bunch of commies storming a State Capital building, that is what OWS allows to happen. Were they going to plant a red flag over Colorado? They are lucky the police were the ones dealing with it with rubber bullets.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I would not say the paint balls that where fired are harmless. They hurt like the dickens, especially the pepper balls, which these look to be (white powder gives it away).OUCH.

But how do you know that the persons in the photographs are harmless? Seems to a lot of people jumping on the so called "band wagon" when it comes to defending the protesters, when more often than not the person defending the actions of the protesters has absolutely no clue about what really happened.

Mostly because the article's photos lay it out for you to see that the protestor most likely didnt deserve to be shot. The following two pictures are of the same protestor, the one that was shot with the rubber bullets or pepper balls. One has been posted in the thread already.
then

So after seeing that, do you still think it is just a bandwagon? Shall we assume that somewhere in between holding peace signs up and getting shot, this protestor switched intention? I like to operate on information rather than assumptions, and the information is pointing towards a non-aggressive protestor getting shot.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Know what happens if you get hit in the throat with a rubber bullet? You die. Firing those at tissue that is protected by bone is one thing, firing those at soft tissue that isn't protected by bone (like your windpipe) is lethal force. All it takes is just one rubber bullet in the right place and you have your first death of the second revolution.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Occupy Denver witness: 'Cops armed to teeth, ready for war'
edit on 1-11-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I don't see this as a blatant sexual assault, the cop is in the act of forcing her arm down...just a good (or badly) timed photo just like when to see a still pic of a politician wiping his brow or something, looks like he's flustered.

Also, judging by the bracelet the cop is wearing - I'd say he favors men.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KnowYourEnemy

I'd like to see the Fascists try this in Nevada where people have a Second Amendment.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

I am not saying that the actions of the police were justified, but many of them are just doing their jobs.

Isn't that what the Nazis said during the Neuremburg trials...............

I don't see why the people can't occupy a public building that their tax dollars fund to keep up and running. Does anybody see the irony of this last statement I just made?

But you are selecting only one sentence out of my entire argument, and imo your logic is fallible. They were allowed to occupy a public building, they just weren't allowed to setup tents. Like I said, I support the movement, but in this case it was the protesters who are wrong. If you look through my post history you will notice that there has been only one other thread in which I supported the police, which says something imo.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
AT LAST! Good news from the front. I still find it incredible how weedy the Police response has been. They should have gone in with tear gas, baton charges and water cannons weeks ago and driven this scum into the backs of the jails.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Didn't give my take on it. Just said that pictures like that are bad press and why they are using female cops to arrest females now.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If all these silly, scantily clad protesters took a step back and recognized themselves as 'Sovereign Citizens' expressing legal authority, things would be much different.

You can look into the work of Dean Clifford for a simple explanation of such terms, though I recommend the first hour of Santos Bonacci's presentation 'Reclaiming Dominion' as well.

edit on 1-11-2011 by AnotherAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KnowYourEnemy

NO MAN grow UP the U.S.A. IS a Corporation, and the Police are Only there to protect and defend the
"BY LAWS" of the Corporation.
Not to in force laws, State laws, federal laws or to protect OR serve the people, ONLY the corporation.
And that's what there Doing, defending the Corporation from Assault by the PEOPLE.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Know what happens if you get hit in the throat with a rubber bullet? You die. Firing those at tissue that is protected by bone is one thing, firing those at soft tissue that isn't protected by bone (like your windpipe) is lethal force. All it takes is just one rubber bullet in the right place and you have your first death of the second revolution.

I'll agree with you about the second death of what may spiral out of control. Who would have been at fault if that happened there though? The calls out from Denver PD for mutual aid from area cities estimated a crowd of 2000 and weapons among the crowd. They were probably one step from scared to death, just too well trained to show it.

Protesters don't seem to even give that thought it seems. Being wildly aggressive like this WILL get someone killed. It's only a matter of time....and a tragedy. I don't know quite what to call this movement at the moment...but it's beyond protest and into other territory.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I can't disagree with that statement.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I'll agree with you about the second death of what may spiral out of control. Who would have been at fault if that happened there though? The calls out from Denver PD for mutual aid from area cities estimated a crowd of 2000 and weapons among the crowd. They were probably one step from scared to death, just too well trained to show it.

Protesters don't seem to even give that thought it seems. Being wildly aggressive like this WILL get someone killed. It's only a matter of time....and a tragedy. I don't know quite what to call this movement at the moment...but it's beyond protest and into other territory.

Ofcourse there are weapons in the crowd. Anything you can get your damn hands on is a weapon if you have the mind to use it that way. You can kill someone with a pencil or even a spoon, those picketers holding up those signs on stakes? Those stakes can be used to impale people in the gut with. Even the people themselves are weapons! You get enough men together and start tugging on someone's limbs you can tear them into pieces. Those poles they use to put their tents up can be used as weapons, the pots and pans they cook their food in can be used as weapons. A cop can look at a guy banging a pot on a tree trying to get the dried food out of it can say "oh look! that guy has a club!" The word "weapon" is a very vague and loose term that can be used to trump up some bull# to give them probable cause and they do it all the time because i did it when i was a correctional officer.
edit on 2-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join