It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver police spill protesters' blood (PHOTOS, VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Denver police spill protesters' blood (PHOTOS, VIDEO)

rt.com

The most violent clash between OWS supporters and the police so far has erupted in Denver, as the authorities attempted to dismantle an Occupy camp. The Internet is swamped with hundreds of angry messages and pictures of rubber bullet wounds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Click on the news article for photos and video.

I thought police were meant to be on the side of the people?
It’s obvious that they only serve the people who can afford it. I thought when stuff like this started happening a lot more people would wake up. But so many people don’t care and plenty even support this blatant violence. The police are brutalising people for trying to voice their opinion and it’s disgusting.
People should be free to raise their voice, the laws being used against them are bogus and do not justify what the police are doing.
What has happened to the world?
We need to wake up!

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnowYourEnemy
I thought police were meant to be on the side of the people?

You know what thought did ... He thought wrong

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Here is one of the images!

I hope he sues!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Here is one of the images!

I hope he sues!

He is lucky he didn’t get one in the face like the marine in critical condition.
I think the only way any of these people are going to get any comfort from these injuries is by continuing to fight the cause until something gets done. Because the police will continue to get away with it in the system we live in today

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It's amazing how many articles one has to pull up in Google before finding...the rest of the story. Occupy Denver members and a few of their friends (some 2,000, estimated) attempted to storm and occupy the State Capital building during the afternoon and shortly before the raid here took place. Police were injured as well as protesters and at least one was knocked off their motorcycle. Calls out across Denver's police channels were reporting the use of wires to trip police and that, to their belief, weapons were present in the crowd.

The raid on the camp was simply payback and response in kind to the escalation shown by the Occupy Denver protesters. Who was right and who was wrong? I'll say that MOST camps I have looked at and watched...including the one I was at...went out of their way NOT to do something like attempt the forceful occupation of a State or City building and over the top of police assigned to prevent it from happening.

What precisely did they expect would happen?? They go 'tease the bears' and the cops just call it over at the one engagement? Ummm... Wow... Naive doesn't begin to describe it if that was the thinking.

Now I watched the first raid on Occupy Denver's camp live, as I have so many of these across media and Occupation member livestreams. It's almost become a nightly ritual, as there are raids somewhere, every night now. However, Colorado State Police and the Denver PD that followed up went in fully dressed for a riot in force....yet handled it in such a way that NO CONFLICT actually took place. They went as easy and soft as reasonably possible. That was the FIRST raid.....and every time an OWS location is shown any consideration or compassion..it seems that is repaid by a doubling of efforts to antagonize or provoke authority at the next earliest opportunity.

and....they wonder why people are just getting sick and tired of this crap. Nothing will be accomplished this way but to completely and forever turn the public HARD against everything even remotely related to OWS.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KnowYourEnemy

Oh I Know, there will be those whom will say this individual, deserved it. And yet they say these, paint-balls being fired are harmless.
YUH Right

edit on 1-11-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
People should start wearing gas masks and body armour, or anything to protect yourself from the bullets...
Shields to protect yourself from the batons.. Stand tightly together, and they stand a greater chance.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
That guy's comment said "In America, bank rob you!" lol. I support OWS, but I have a problem with what I saw in that video, and subsequently read in the linked article. I think that if the protesters would actually not respond with vile language, threats, etc, they would get a better response from the police.

I am not saying that the actions of the police were justified, but many of them are just doing their jobs, and do not want to hurt anyone. Some probably even support the movement. I am pretty sure of that. The protesters were given access to the civic center to make camp, but they were forbidden from setting up tents.

Is that so hard? All this started because the cops wanted them to take the tents down. I am all for the protest, but not if all of the people participating are this ignorant of how to get things done. Why unnecessarily make enemies with the police, when they could be great assets?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
These People wanted it to get violent.

These people can't handle the weather
They run like roaches from tear gas/ pepper spray, and fire crackers.
And now this.
Maybe next time it wont be rubber bullets.
Still want it to get violent?

Go home get bandaged up and get a job....All this time protesting, camping.
Could have been spent working or looking for a job.

If they were breaking the law they deserved it..
edit on 1-11-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Don't challenge the Police, challenge the law not those enforcing it.

The headline should say "protestors disobey the law, Police forced to act".

Your headline is as sensational as the mainstream media you are trying to avoid.

Those protestors are lucky they only split a little blood from thir resistance.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The raid on the camp was simply payback
If you’re going to use payback as an excuse, you loose. Because police started it all originally. This isn’t pre-school; this is people being assaulted by people who are meant to protect them.

escalation shown by the Occupy Denver protesters

The only escalation has been at the hands of police and that has been obvious from the start.

Stop supporting this crap; this could be you getting attacked sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

I am not saying that the actions of the police were justified, but many of them are just doing their jobs.

Isn't that what the Nazis said during the Neuremburg trials...............

I don't see why the people can't occupy a public building that their tax dollars fund to keep up and running. Does anybody see the irony of this last statement I just made?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Hey.. rather than the summary can you give use the source please?
Also, that is not how law enforcement is supposed to work. This isn't war.
You don't go and crack someone's head because their friend did something you didn't like. You arrest the guilty party.

That said, I think they should protest in the building. I think they should protest anywhere they want.
As long as they are peaceful once they are there, they should go in, sit down and stay.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnowYourEnemy

The raid on the camp was simply payback
If you’re going to use payback as an excuse, you loose. Because police started it all originally. This isn’t pre-school; this is people being assaulted by people who are meant to protect them.

escalation shown by the Occupy Denver protesters

The only escalation has been at the hands of police and that has been obvious from the start.

Stop supporting this crap; this could be you getting attacked sooner or later.

You're absolutely right. This isn't pre-school and this is absolutely no game. When you go to war against the Police...as in, trying to forcefully storm and seize the State Capital Building, you take your chances and had better know what you're doing in both approach and consequence.

The only escalation is at the hands of the police? Wow... That is one of the most one-sided and biased statements I've heard yet, and that is really saying something in this overall situation. The escalation, in some places, is coming from BOTH sides very much in equal measure. Now, the raid on Site 2 in Boston on the 11th is a great example of unprovoked brutality and actually is what brought me into OWS with 110% effort and dedication.

The escalation by deliberately crowding police lines, outright ATTACKING Police and no shortage of talk and plans right out in the open about future violence and the "possible" need for this to become a revolution in the true sense is what has driven me OUT of OWS and quite hard to the other side of things. Continuing in this direction and with these tactics will make that '99 %' concept an accurate term to describe those AGAINST the movement, NOT for it.

That's falling on deaf ears though, and why I've called it quits. Some people just HAVE to attack authority and peaceful protest with some PATIENCE for things to work just won't be attempted. Whatever... This is what destroys OWS...I don't need to be Ms Cleo to predict that one.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

They weren't.
I was wondering when I was posting in your other thread if you going to be on ATS trolling or not, this confirms it.
A lot of the protesters have jobs, but you knew that.
I have been to the protests and I have a job. Most of the people I talked to there had jobs.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by KnowYourEnemy

Oh I Know, there will be those whom will say this individual, deserved it. And yet they say these, paint-balls being fired are harmless.
YUH Right

edit on 1-11-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

I would not say the paint balls that where fired are harmless. They hurt like the dickens, especially the pepper balls, which these look to be (white powder gives it away).OUCH.

But how do you know that the persons in the photographs are harmless? Seems to a lot of people jumping on the so called "band wagon" when it comes to defending the protesters, when more often than not the person defending the actions of the protesters has absolutely no clue about what really happened.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
For all the people who were wondering when these protests would begin to focus.
This is exactly what I said they would focus and exactly how I said it would happen.

I have stated several times that with all the confusion in the NY protests it would remain unfocused with all different groups vying to lead it. Meanwhile the smaller REAL OWS protests would begin picking up a legit message.

They are finally calling out the government:

The Saturday afternoon protest crowd was much smaller than the would-be revolutionaries had hoped. However, the comically unfocused messages from the New York campers seem to be finding some filters. While there were the expected few signs with vulgarities aimed at government and bankers and corporations, the major focus of this day’s protestors was concern about growing corruption in the federal government.

www.greeleygazette.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

I agree! These people have more time than brains. I have asked many times what they hope to accomplish and I never have received an intelligent answer. In my opinion the police have been too tolerant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join