It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

559-245-2333

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I received this call a little while ago.

This was a recorded message that was stating that they were from the NSG??? and that they tracked my ip through my ISP provider. The message was telling me that I may have broke the law because I was viewing classified documents on the wikileaks site. They informed me to call them back to see where I stand with them.

I wonder how and/when they tracked me through my ISP to get my phone number. I have not had a ISP for a few years now. Wonder what they are trying to scam me out of. Anyone had any similar calls?

I am not overly concerned, if this was truly legit, I figure they would send me a letter or would be knocking on my door instead of calling me.

The closest I can trace the number back is somewhere in California.

Screw'em
edit on 31-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I've had it happen before too. They're full of it, don't even answer it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'll call them and let you know

It's a cell phone....."the subscriber is out of the area"
edit on 31-10-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
hmmm..very interesting..

I have wondered when someone posts a link here on this site obtained through wikileaks ..if I might get into trouble opening it and viewing it?

maybe the mods ..or someone can shed a little more light on this?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
They are not classified secret anymore, Duh!

It's all over the Internet now.

What kind of mentally disabled person would try to enforce classifications after the documents have been disseminated to the public?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
hmmm..very interesting..

I have wondered when someone posts a link here on this site obtained through wikileaks ..if I might get into trouble opening it and viewing it?

maybe the mods ..or someone can shed a little more light on this?

Impossible.

That's like me arresting you for reading CNN when they got a great scoop and revealed new information.

You can't seriously be that afraid of the government that you would actually wonder if they can bust you over this?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Lucky that I'm here to set the record straight. You don't owe me a thing for this piece of information. I got hit with the same thing and almost panicked. It's a prank call. Google: caught on wikileaks prankcall.

You're going to be fine.

edit on 31-10-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I wish they would, I have been extremely bored lately.

I would like to look them straight in the face and tell them to f-off.
I need something to spark the excitement around here.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Sounds like BS to me. 559 is the Fresno area.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm not a MOD, but I have worked with classified media.
Once in a system the classified data makes the entire system it's classification until it can be swept clean.
Or if that can't be done the data will be 'evaluated' which I think means that they look into the data that was released and determine how to address the pulic.
As for anyone who accesses that system, whatever they used to do so, also becomes classified, incuding anything you looked at afterward. (Usually the latter is only considered if you do a file tranfer)
Then they will talk to you to debrief you. Which that really means they tell you not to talk to anyone about this.
Or they could arrest you.
Best bet: Don't look at the data. The Gov can find you given enough time.
As curious as I am about the stuff on Wikilinks I haven't gone to it because of that fact.
That, and as a former Sailor, they have a lot of data on me as it is. Rather not give them reason to watch me any more.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ark005

As I see it, whether they like or not, or whether I like it or not.

They need to do a better job at keeping up with their info. Once it hits the public domain, it is fair game.
I am in the military database, if they want me they know where to find me, I am not that hard to find...yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
dont ever admit to anything that is what a lawyer is for let them do the talking for you

also if the cops or any agency wants to talk to you they wont call to give you the heads up you will be raided somewhere and taken in handcuffs...

I hope this person doesn't use this number for anything important because its going bye bye... im sorry this number is no longer in service...

if these idiots were smart they would have spoofed an fbi number to call you from but of course if they did that then they would really be breaking the law.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ark005

Best bet: Don't look at the data.

Best bet, don't take your advise.

You may not think you have a human right to the truth, but I and many others do.
We have the right to find out whatever secrets the govt is hiding and share it with everyone.

Especially when it is corruption related.

We won't be arrested for Wikileaks nothing there is above top secret anyways, almost all of it is just plain old secret.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Whoever is making these calls has a method to tell if you check wikileaks.

Therefore they have capabilities that normal people don't usually have.

I bet they are indeed gov't officials, acting in "un-official" methods. This is highly common in super-corrupt governments.

This guy will do this and when the final push comes to shove, he will disappear. He is just a rogue out trying to punish people for reading Hillary's secrets.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yep, this just makes me want to go read more.

I think I will tonight, they are obviously not wanting me to see something. Got to find out what it is.

edit on 31-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

My answer: prove it. Lots of people come over to my place and use the bandwidth.
I didn't, don't, and won't have knowledge of anything I'm not suppose to, even if I do all the time.

Behind the scenes, I'm wondering what was so important to draw such attention, and if it was so important, mebbe I can find something even more important?

All in all, it's likely phone spam/scam like those malware notices you get claiming OMGWTF you got hax0red or are infected with something and you need to download and purchase this other nother software package immediately.
yeah.
right.

Don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Dont want to worry about someone tracking what you look at online? www.torproject.org...

Download and install, gives you a fully secure browsing environment... make sure you do not access sites with scripts or it can disclose ur ip location... if you visit the .onion wiki leaks site you can browse everything on wiki leaks its a mirror there are also other leak sites available on there to look at.

if you are really paranoid run TOR from a trucrypt encoded usb thumb drive

oh and also since i can almost 100% promise you that this is a hoax call you should now be asking yourself how did they get your number and how did they know that you were on wikileaks in the first place which is more important then whether or not they are an actual government agency which they are not.
edit on 31-10-2011 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I've been downloading and reading wikileaks since it started. No proxies, no nothing.

Nothing has happened. No phone call, no letter, zilch.

If they truly didn't like the website, they would go after the people running it, not the millions of people who read it. Doesn't make any sense to go after all the hay rather than just the needle.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
And for more proof...(don't be an ass and use this on anyone, it's not funny)
www.prankdial.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

They could arrest and fine you for accessing the data if they wanted to. Not saying that they will.
My advice was for if you were concerned about them finding and threatening you.
If you don't care about that, have at it, the more power to you.
I know there are government secrects and corruption, what exactly, no idea, but that comes with any sort of organization. You have the free will to do what you want. I choose not to look at those websites. (partially because once they have them it's only a matter of time before the data finds it's way off those servers)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join