It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this early snowstorm be a precursor to another mini ice age for the US. and How would you surv

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Small diisclaimer;I am not a dictionary so my spelling may be off. It is the point of the thread not the spelling.Thanks

Here is the senerio,The East coast of the US was hit with 20 to 30 feet of snow lasting all winter.

What would you do to survive?

I would like to hear others input before I answer.

Rtcctr

edit on 30-10-2011 by rtcctr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

I'd stay here in the warm and sunny New Mexico desert and even if I had business on the East Coast; I stay here!

edit on 30-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

In New Mexico we always had our first snow by the middle of October. I don't think this is anything new. I keep my wood burners going and play on ATS
edit on 30-10-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by rtcctr

In New Mexico we always had our first snow by the middle of October. I don't think this is anything new.

That response is a little strange, in New Mexico(Not the Northeast) we get snow in October....Okay, that is kinda like saying, 'Well here in Oklahoma we get tornadoes in March all the time, why would it be strange for Oregon to get them'.....It is just idiotic to compare the norm for one geographic area to that of another.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

I would play in the snow and have so much fun! Oh survive? Um...keep the fire stoked, walk to the store or go practice my hunting skills. I have enough firewood to last months.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
this must be a reverse ice age. because canada and mexico are enjoying record breaking weather.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Stay in Miami Florida.
Sell real estate to fleeing northerners.
Profit!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Get like 20 blankets man.
That's how i will survive.
Food:go to the corner store and buy.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
As long as I could keep my wood stove going, and was able to grow some kind of vegetables, I would be fine.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I live in Florida, so that is not an issue except for all of the northerners coming down and stealing our jobs.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Do you chop your own wood? I don't live in the woods. I live in the concrete jungle.

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't knowthat much about dealing with that amount of snow, but my first guess would be to carry on like usual, We have plenty of jackets and clothes at my house. Food might be an issue but I'm sure we could find a lot of animals that died in the snow that would still be preserved from the cold; atleast at first. It depends on how long into spring/ or summer will it take for the snow to melt where I live.
Edit: Spelling
edit on 10/30/2011 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'de do what i, as a canadian, was born to do. To get where i needed to go, i'de dig a tunnel system in the snow, and eventually people will get the idea, and we can all build tunnel systems under the snow, re-enforce the tunnel system to support the weight. Then wait it out!

As long as snowplows keep up ALL the time, we won't have an issue, the only issue we'll find is if we start running out of places to put the snow. And so, how about melt it down and use it for something useful.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

In Idaho we have gotten snow in October, no big deal...today it is incredibly warm though so bummer for the East. 2 Years ago we got a big wet heavy snow on Oct 10th. Amazing but not life changing. The rest of the winter was mild and wet. This year we have had great warmer than usual weather I hope it lasts!

Anyway...I think I would move...what idiot would stay somewhere like Antarctica?
edit on 30-10-2011 by outandopen because: ddd

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What could you do? I think most ELE's are Epic. People would struggle to survive.

We survived the last ice age with just caves and fires wearing only animal skin. I'm sure modern man could survive pretty easily. Rogue anarchists would be our main problem.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Wolvo because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2011 by Wolvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I would bag some snow and sell it on the side of the highway.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
First I would dig a tunnel out of my house lol. If I hadnt already I would go buy as much food as I could, theres no need for water bc you can just boil the snow. For the next several weeks I would dig / clear snow around my house so it would collapse and I would make a giant fort. Itd be #ing awesome.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

L
l
currently living in the carribbean not a problem

and hating the heat

as i am a cold climate person

20-30 ft of snow in new york?pfft no problem

if i were homeless i'd build an igloo

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
A mini iceage during global warming....not likely.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Do you believe that #?

Well, our trains in the Netherlands fail operating at 3 inches snow. I wonder what 20-30 feet would do..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join