It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your goal for today? Does your life have purpose?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
today, my plan was to get drunk. I am succeeding.

edit: my life has no purpose. i'm ok with that.
edit on 29-10-2011 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

K!!!!! You had a plan, even if it was this one! Sometimes it's simple like this one!~

Let me ask though, any plans for the hangover that will follow?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

My son went to bed tonight, knowing that his father loves him. Supports him. (He's 8)

That's my legacy.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

I wanted to add that to my list but I always fail to manage it.

Drink for us all intoxicantly challenged that just can't make it happen!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Let me ask though, any plans for the hangover that will follow?

drink lots of tea, then get drunk again. works for me.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

It's so easy to post that.

The thing is though that something in you reacted and responded to the thread title. Maybe it tweaks at your subconscious a bit?

Can you dig deeper and come up with a purpose? If not, maybe that's why your goal is to just drink. A way of coping.

Just curious, mind you...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnoyingOrangeX

I would suggest you tap into your passion or create something. Creativity is so inspirational. What do you like? Even if it is building dominoe lines....build it in a pattern (possibly geometric)....stimulate your brain. Read up on something obscure like aquaducts, aquafirs or that weird natural snake pattern in Ohio....IDK....if I had all the time in the world, I would read, research, work on art, give time at the shelter. Time is always so limited. I do what I can.

Today was cold, rainy/snowy. I got a few errands done, then read, about mythology, Zeus actually, fell asleep for a little catnap, woke up took the dog on an invigorating walk in the cold. Now I'm back. I wish I could do miraculous things for man-kind, but sometimes getting much needed rest is all that I can do.

BTW...Zeus was pretty much a man-whore who had hundreds of children by many many women....LOL. It's good to be a God! LOL Other than that he was also known as Jupiter by the Romans who worshiped him.

edit on 29-10-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The thing is though that something in you reacted and responded to the thread title. Maybe it tweaks at your subconscious a bit?

dont discount that some people will post anything just for the sake of posting something.
but yes, the thread title did make me think, i gave an honest answer. i'm not really happy with the answer, but thats todays answer.
: T

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

You accomplished honesty for today, even if it wasn't your goal. You told us all what your goal was, and that you were well on your way to accomplishing it.

While I would hope that you might have offered more, your answer is what it is.

At least the thread got you thinking, which was part of my goal, so thanks for that!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I trolled Yahoo a little bit and pretended I was smarter than everyone like i do here.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

Had to think about that ... what have I done for others today?

After I walked and fed the dog, the squirrels and birds, I changed the filter in my moms furnace and then tested it, adjusting the vents so the house is warmed evenly. She hates the cold. I also spoke with my neighbor about the recent burglary down the block. She's elderly and worried that her house might get hit again too. I kind of eased her mind about that.

Today was an easy day. I had lots of time for myself which I spent here posting my ideas on threads. I got more responses here today than usual. Good stuff. Hope I opened someones mind.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
my goals for today are to eat healthy and not to sub come to hangover food, im going to take my lovely but crazy dogs for a big walk, then and have a lazy day with them while watching the new harry potter film. im also going to get round to doing this essay that is due in by tomorrow and which i keep avoiding by coming on ATS!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by supine

My son went to bed tonight, knowing that his father loves him. Supports him. (He's 8)

That's my legacy.

Out of all the goals and purposes a parent could have; that is truly to most important!

edit on 30-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Living from the Heart

6 heart virtues of LOVE, like a merkaba

Appreciation
Compassion
Forgiveness
Humility
Understanding
Valor

∞LOVE∞

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
My purpose is to feel good and help others feel good.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
As the saying goes.... "Chop wood, carry water". That, in part, is my goal for the day. Of course, for me, this means that I am preparing for the oncoming Winter. So..... I'm cleaning up my firewood racks: raking up the leaves around them, repairing them, affixing new tarps, etc. I've got five cords of hardwood coming this week and I have to be ready. I'll have a lot of splitting ahead of me (though, the best time to split wood really is when the temperatures are below freezing. The wood simply "snaps" in two when in frigid weather).

It's a gloriously sunny Autumn day, so I intend on making the most of this beautiful day. I will build a nice bon fire..... and I'll do some raking -- hauling the mountains of leaves into the woods using tarps. The most important thing is to enjoy the sun....the outdoors..... the day.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm still pissed off from yesterday when my gf made me watch x factor.
So today I woke up and treated myself to a bacon roll. Now that everythings back to normal i'm going to try and watch a new epidose of a series i'm hooked on, Boardwalk Empire.
If it's not there then i'll be pissed off and go cook some more bacon and just sit there munching out like a pig.
That's my destiny for today.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I heart this thread!

I think that everyone has many purposes, even more than they realize. Even the most mundane act can have a profound impact on someone you've never met, and you will never know it. Please consider this if you feel that your life has no purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join