It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your goal for today? Does your life have purpose?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What are your plans for fullfilling your destiny today? Do you have a purpose? What would you write in a journal about what you accomplished today?

Was your purpose of getting out of bed today to tackle that ever mounting load of laundry? To visit an Occupy movement, or just relax and enjoy time for yourself?

All to frequently people do not give themselves credit for accomplishing anything, be it just a mental health day, or in just being themselves.

How will you feel about yourself, in an authentic sense when the day is done and over?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

I woke up and decided to enjoy a good book and the wonderfully rainy cold weather.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I've been working on a painting for about 6 months, planning to get to work on it in a few minutes. I do feel sort of down its almost 5 o'clock and I havnt touched it yet, but I will probably work into the morning hours

You are right that even just a day of healthy thinking is often overlooked, while working a stressfull, meaningless job often feels more fulfilling because it is often rewarded by society to live that way. Down time or intospection is synonymous with lazyness often enough.

edit: I have posted a lot of art on ATS if you are curious check out my thread list
edit on 29-10-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Sometimes it's the little things that we do that make a day, even a book, and snuggling up in the bed!

Nice!

Just recognizing you are doing something is all the validation you need!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

A painting? Wow, that you even dedicate yourself to getting it done, even a stroke at a time, says something for you!

Wonderful!~

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm painting today. Well, most days recently. I'm painting my living room.

I don't know if life has a purpose... I don't think it's necessary. I just do my best to stay in the moment and enjoy life.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't know if life has a purpose... I don't think it's necessary. I just do my best to stay in the moment and enjoy life.

That is a goal, and one you don't give yourself credit for.

I am the same way most days, just doing things that need to be done on automatic pilot. If you think about giving yourself credit for even the small stuff that matters only to you, it's difficult.

I hope your living room turns out just as you dream. And when you set out to do it, you had a goal in mind, or a vision. You are seeing it through by your efforts!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My purpose is to surprise people, cause them to think twice, to question things.

It doesn't matter if I am right or not, it only matters that I provoked other people to think and read about things.
If they come back and prove me wrong good, I promoted these developments for the good of myself and everyone else.

I like to speak up on all types of issues and take on challenging problems.

My goal is to promote thinking and advance mankind if even one person and one idea at a time.

My ideas are not really that important, what is important is getting other people to create their own ideas about things.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

My father asks me the same often ...and I have nothing to reply.

I have no goals ...nothing to achieve, nothing to aim for. All seems so meaningless that I find myself most of the time in a state of "expectation" towards something

I don´t even know what I am waiting for ...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
my lifes purpose is for me to be happy.when i go to bed at night,i sleep well knowing i succeeded at it.my purpose was fullfilled.conscience is clear.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Very ironic post for me, I was going to start a thread sometime (but haven't worked up the 'courage' nor motivation) in similar regards.

My question was, what makes life worth living? Why do you do it? What it the reason? Etc or stupid existentialist
questions. I've completely lost my purpose, sense of worth, and all direction. At 23 years of age; I find myself waking each day, and just awaiting the end to start over. The only things that keep me going are others' influence including family and work...and I only say that because I feel it would be irresponsible to disappear or die to soon. Family would be sad, it'd be a slight short term strain on where I work, and that's just about it keeping me here hahah.

The hardest thing to describe is my lack of feeling or desire. I have the intellectual sense of certain things need to be done, but even that activities I used to love leave me with a frown on my face...for wondering "what is the point of this?" (and literally thinking of it's place in the universe, finding it unimportant, and stop caring about it).

I don't mean to bring down your post at all sir or ma'am. My apologies. To those of you that have a purpose, hold onto it. Otherwise you'll wake and the rest of your life will be a dream...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
My purpose is to surprise people, cause them to think twice, to question things.

Yes, I see this from all your posts and replies here. You are a very passionate person when it comes to waking people up, and sharing your point of view. I greatly appreciate it, even if I don't always agree with you!

It doesn't matter if I am right or not, it only matters that I provoked other people to think and read about things.
If they come back and prove me wrong good, I promoted these developments for the good of myself and everyone else.

Yep, I love that about you!

I like to speak up on all types of issues and take on challenging problems.

My goal is to promote thinking and advance mankind if even one person and one idea at a time.

My ideas are not really that important, what is important is getting other people to create their own ideas about things.

Once again thanks for your passion. It shows in every word you type!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by robomont
my lifes purpose is for me to be happy.when i go to bed at night,i sleep well knowing i succeeded at it.my purpose was fullfilled.conscience is clear.

My purpose is to rock your boat.

Sure, enjoy being happy while millions starve to death, wars rage across the globe, injustice prevails everywhere, and the big dogs steal all the $$$...

Sorry couldn't help it. You left that door wide open.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

Thanks, and also please understand my comment above about rocking the boat was meant in jest and intended to cause the person to rethink their outlook on life.

Trust me I want everyone to go to bed at night happy.

I just want them to define a clear-concise reason of why they are happy, and how they plan to defeat the evils which will bring us all down.

It was half-sarcastic, so hopefully people will take it that way, in jest.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sounds like a good way to get an ulcer.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnnoyingOrangeX

My father asks me the same often ...and I have nothing to reply.

I have no goals ...nothing to achieve, nothing to aim for. All seems so meaningless that I find myself most of the time in a state of "expectation" towards something

I don´t even know what I am waiting for ...

Well then, your goal as it seems, is to wait for something to just fall into your lap.

I am going to give you an assignment. Something simple like listing things such as brushing your teeth and walking the dog. Make yourself a list of five things you do today, so you see you are validated for something. I am sure you can accomplish this!
You will then see that you have done something you set your mind out to do.

Life doesn't have to be a huge process to get you through it on a daily basis. Give yourself credit, for even the small stuff you do!~

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vivec

The hardest thing to describe is my lack of feeling or desire. I have the intellectual sense of certain things need to be done, but even that activities I used to love leave me with a frown on my face...for wondering "what is the point of this?" (and literally thinking of it's place in the universe, finding it unimportant, and stop caring about it).

Well, for today, you put this out there, and expressed how you feel, and that in itself is quite an accomplishement. Give yourself a lot of credit for being able to do just this. And while I am at it, you do care greatly or you wouldn't have given this thread a thought. Don't fool yourself!

I am quite blessed and impressed that you accomplished putting out how you feel for us all to contemplate!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My purpose for today is like it is on many other days, its to show the paid dis-information individuals that there is nothing to be scared of if you want to tell the truth and change sides

As I have said on many occasions, if the paid disnfo agents think there is a place for them at the table or under it, then they are seriously mis-informed. There is no way there is a place in the NWO for dis information agents, the only people who will be in the NWO are those invited to Bohemian Grove and thier families. Any of you disinfo agents been imvited to Bohemian Grove? Didnt think so

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

That is quite the goal, so with that being said, I haven't even made up my mind that a paid disinfo agents exists. Perhaps you should folly us all a thread proving that they do?

Not to say your thoughts aren't a goal, but I'd like to see you prove the goal you have for today? K?

Otherwise, your thoughts on the subject are the goal, no?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
my current goal is to be a consumate 'Prepper'

i have a green house to erect
i have a water cistern to put in place
i have a SPF (spray polyurethane foam) roof to contract
i have an off the grid capable solar panel unit to install on that new roof
i have an intentional house to organize

i will accomplish my short term goals, what bothers me is what will the slackers which are my heirs going to do with their legacy...most likely smoke/drink/dope their way to temporary self-satisfaction gratification is my guess
edit on 29-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join