It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This guy knew before anyone else

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Take a listen at an old George Carlin interview. Not sure when this is from but he sounds young here.

As usual, he's right on target.

Don't ever step to George on camera. Bad idea. I really wish he would've been aloud to go on, he would've laid that guy out.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Lizard-People!!! :bnghd:
Why?

What could possibly cause someone to feel that a ridiculous animated lizard-person image was appropriate for that montage?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Probably because he was supporting conspiracy buffs. I did not make any of these. I just thought ol' George hit on these current problems years ago, and no one really listened. I love how they flash "George Carlin, actor/comedian" under his face while he was being very serious.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What is with the FAUL PAUL thing?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Carlin like many others suffered from "seeing reality for what it is", or as Southpark calls it, Assburgers.
Bill Hicks, Carlin, and Don Knotts, 3 comedians who saw things for what they were, Don Knotts literally "saw" reality I think.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There should be something of the equivalent of a Nobel peace prize for comedy.. and it should be named after George Carlin. Exceptional comedic service to mankind or something along those lines

The more of these older clips of George I see.. the more prophetic his particular brand of genius seems.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It really sucks though that the truth is only acceptable and widely listened to when it's packaged in laughter.
The elite will soon see who gets the last laugh.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Is that not a trick of the truly great comedians though? They make you laugh so hard it almost hurts and at something so silly that it just can't be true. Except it is. After the laughter stops, people start to think about what was really just said.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Agreed.

Like the old saying "if you didn't laugh, you'd cry".

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

He may have been supporting 'conspiracy buffs', but that does not mean that he was advocating the ridiculous nonsense of shape-shifting lizard people. In my opinion, a few of the images in that video were disrespecting George Carlin.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If the man were still alive I'd actually propose an all-new political system - Carlinism

cull the herd and start anew, so to speak.

[eta]
politically, that is.

edit on 28-10-2011 by Annie Mossity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

People tried to disrespect ol' George his entire career, and he just kept making his points and making them look bad. No surprise to me.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

The first time I ever heard a thing about George Carlin was after watching Zeitgeist The Movie. Being a Brit and living now in Holland he has never really been on tv here. Zeitgeist features his religion rant. I don't know what it is about his delivery that appeals to me but I think it is the barely veiled biting scorn and sarcasm combined with fact. I think he is possibly the most cerebral comedian I have ever heard. I ended up spending several days watching just about every show he made courtesy of youtube and similar sites, and then the various talk show clips and other bits and pieces. The man was consistently intellectual and critical. A true patriot, nothing less.

Now, I must go and find me some blue food. Its a conspiracy right there!

edit on 28/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
In deference to the OP and out of my respect for my favourite comedian, I think this shows a little more of his skill and intelligence. He's like a 60 year old rapper in this one but it's oh so cerebral and real.

R.I.P George Carlin

new topics

top topics

join