It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Love to you? Is it personal, or all humanity encompassing?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Someone earlier, in a poem, said Love is a Verb. No it's kNot! It's a Noun, for Love IS Life. The IS is the Verb, Love is the Noun. That's like Showing Love. Showing is the Verb and You is the Noun (you understood rule).

You say Love is Attraction, yet IS is the Verb, Love is the Noun and Attraction is magnetic, so your Love is based on this Matrix, kNot the Love of the Universe.

Love IS!

The problem with your understanding "everything & nothing" at the same time, is there is kNOw kNOwTHING, so there is no kNOwTHING to understand! Finite Infinity & Infinite Infinity show that finite is the closest to kNOwTHING WE get, but finite isn't kNOwTHING.

So the Consciousness (awareness) that created all of this, understands itself and IT is Infinite, which is Everything.

As to dividing itself, that is also incorrect! IT didn't divide, IT inverted itself to have children and the children are inverted of IT, IT being Infinite and each of WE the Souls being finite, that is, a finite piece of IT.

Also, in the so called beginning, there wasn't kNOwTHING for there was Space & Time, for IT is Space & Time and Space & Time are kNot kNOwTHING.

Ribbit

I was going to say 'semantics' Toady but some one beat me to it. Then I thought I'd try and understand your post instead and I disagree. Life is Life, love is something else. Actually I'm not quite sure what your getting at to tell you the truth

I do realise there's no such thing as nothing, but saying that it was everything and formless just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely

As to whether it split or was inverted, how do you know? I think you should start a post and share some of this knowledge you seem to hold so dear.......

edit on 28/10/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rom12345
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Actually it is both an abstract noun and a transitive verb

Thank you for edumacating me.

Here's a good example of Love being a transitive verb:

"I love you."

You is the direct object of love, so love in that sentence, is a transitive verb. But the title of this thread is:

"What is Love to you?"

I can combine the two sentences to form this:

"I am (is) love to you."

So in the context of the thread's title, love is a noun, so that's what rules this thread.

Ribbit

edit on 28-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

Someone earlier, in a poem, said Love is a Verb. No it's kNot! It's a Noun, for Love IS Life. The IS is the Verb, Love is the Noun. That's like Showing Love. Showing is the Verb and You is the Noun (you understood rule).

You say Love is Attraction, yet IS is the Verb, Love is the Noun and Attraction is magnetic, so your Love is based on this Matrix, kNot the Love of the Universe.

Love IS!

The problem with your understanding "everything & nothing" at the same time, is there is kNOw kNOwTHING, so there is no kNOwTHING to understand! Finite Infinity & Infinite Infinity show that finite is the closest to kNOwTHING WE get, but finite isn't kNOwTHING.

So the Consciousness (awareness) that created all of this, understands itself and IT is Infinite, which is Everything.

As to dividing itself, that is also incorrect! IT didn't divide, IT inverted itself to have children and the children are inverted of IT, IT being Infinite and each of WE the Souls being finite, that is, a finite piece of IT.

Also, in the so called beginning, there wasn't kNOwTHING for there was Space & Time, for IT is Space & Time and Space & Time are kNot kNOwTHING.

Ribbit

I was going to say 'semantics' Toady but some one beat me to it. Then I thought I'd try and understand your post instead and I disagree. Life is Life, love is something else. Actually I'm not quite sure what your getting at to tell you the truth

I do realise there's no such thing as nothing, but saying that it was everything and formless just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely

As to whether it split or was inverted, how do you know? I think you should start a post and share some of this knowledge you seem to hold so dear.......

edit on 28/10/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

How dew you kNow this is Life? I ask that because it appears to me you are basing your "Life is Life, love is something else" on this Life.

As to what I'm getting at, most of you think this is a unique event, that what We are dew'n is the first time We've ever done what We've done, but it isn't. Everything you dew, you've done many times and you always dew the same thing each time, but that's because the "power" behind this set it up. You have all the languages you have, because WE set you up with them. You have the maths you have, because WE set you up with them. You have all the problems you have, because WE set you up with them.

Humans haven't been here, on this planet Earth, as long as you think.

Instead of seeing IT as formless, see it as Infinite, which cannot be contained, thus, the formlessness you speak of.

I have shared the details of how this all went down. It's here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also elaborate further down from that post and there is discussion prior to that post that pertains to it as well.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

"So in the context of the thread's title, love is a noun, so that's what rules this thread."

Perhaps in it's semantics, but not necessarily in it's sentiment.

Also I think the use of the transitive verb, has intentional implied meaning here.
As in :
You can love all you like and not show it.
It is really you actions that will let someone know they are in fact loved.

edit on 28-10-2011 by rom12345 because: semantics

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

How dew you kNow this is Life? I ask that because it appears to me you are basing your "Life is Life, love is something else" on this Life.

Silly frog
what else do I have to base it on. I am alive, therefore this is light. But I will be studying your post and you are always good at answering my questions.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Love is a path that provides unity. Therfore, it is all humanity encompassing. All is energy. All is the ability to do work. Working for others or working for self are the only options. Working for others is love. Working for others in unity is balance. Balance brings unity.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Originally posted by Forevever
Love is wishing for someone elses happiness, whether you can be part of it or not.

There should be no reason to question another persons happiness unless it enfringess on anothers.
Of course not. But wishing others ill is definitely hate.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
honor
respect
trust
FOR OTHERS

compassion
care
understanding or atleast attempt to understand others situations

A WAY FOR INHABITANTS OF THIS LIL UNIVERSE TO FIND A LEVEL OF COOPERATION

LOL nice song

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
wich makes me realize that we as that whole just suck at relationships.

we break up just to make up so we can go do it over again.
or is it the other way around?
1. As long as people focus on ME, and not others, it's easy to end relationships. So a key to what love truly is deals with who we focus on.
2. As long as we insist on calling love an emotional high, we will continue to seek that emotional high. People flit in and out of relationships looking for that person that makes the rest of the world fade away. That is fleeting. It rarely lasts more than a month, and it certainly doesn't last past a few years.
3. Heck, as long as we insist that love is an emotion at all, we're going to be dragged around by every feeling we have. Love-solely-as-emotion is "who you are happy with", and it's impossible to be happy with someone 24/7--even yourself.

So, I explained to my husband, before I married him, that I'm not going to like him every day of his life, but that wouldn't define whether or not I walk out on him, but that I would put commitment first, over my feelings. Considering he had a grass-is-greener cheating ex, it's no surprise to me that this appealed to him.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Personally, I like this particular video better.
Watching a 2 second video clip on a loop for 4 minutes, is a bit much.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Many years ago one of our senior Manageresses said to me "When you make love to a girl you would willingly die for it will be the penultimate sexual experience"! and then she added "To do so in the knowledge that that girl would die for you is beyond words"!
It took me until I was 42 years of age to find that girl (she was a mere 19 years of age) and we are still together and happily married 30 years later.
Love is indeed 'beyond words' it is indescribable but you know what it is when you've got it!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Does Mrs Palm and her 5 lovely daughetrs count?
Or is this a different type of love?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine
Ooops, anyway, somehow hit enter before I could give my jaded view which might be a good thing,. so, go!

edit on 27-10-2011 by supine because: NY

edit on 27-10-2011 by supine because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Oct 27 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed embed

Love is when your baby doesn't hurt you, doesn't hurt you, no more.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
When I place your needs ahead of all of my needs, you are receiving my love from me.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'll give you the romantic definition, vs. my somewhat cynical and more scientific, philosophical viewpoint on what it is.

Simply put, it's when you care more about someone else's happiness and well-being than your own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join