It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Police Chief Anthony Batts Resigns

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Maybe the police chief got a hint of what was coming and resigned???

I have no idea about this retired police chief. His record. His history. Does he seem like a good cop?
Bad cop???

Maybe he got orders about what to do IF the Occupy movement came to Oakland and the police chief said, "LATER"...

????????????????

Not saying this is the case at all. But did cross my mind....

NCB.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Oakland laid off a bunch cops due to lack of funding the last couple of years. They also stopped responding to certain calls, like burglary, car accidents, grand theft, vandalism. Victims can report these crimes on line...
reply to post by ANOK

Really? Yet they certainly had enough police officers to hassle and attack peaceful and innocent protestors? Just goes to show where their "serve and protect" priority lies. I guess camping out in a public park is more dangerous to the public than crime committed by criminals.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Now cops need to get fired and prosecuted.

Time for a new not corrupt police chief to go in and clean house from the scum. Time for a Serpico.

The only answer...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Oakland laid off a bunch cops due to lack of funding the last couple of years. They also stopped responding to certain calls, like burglary, car accidents, grand theft, vandalism. Victims can report these crimes on line...
reply to post by ANOK

Really? Yet they certainly had enough police officers to hassle and attack peaceful and innocent protestors? Just goes to show where their "serve and protect" priority lies. I guess camping out in a public park is more dangerous to the public than crime committed by criminals.

I was thinking the same, until someone explained to me that outside agencies were brought in to deal with the protests.

Not so sure it is correct to blame the Oakland police force for all the problems with the protests...and it seems that they are doing some protesting of their own, by refusing to look into certain crimes.

Sounds like a big disgruntled mess with the police force , and city officials before the protests even started.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join