It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

two tours in Iraq just to come home & be shot by cops !?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Scott Olsen survived two tours of Iraq, but his life could be over after being critically injured by a police projectile at Occupy Oakland, The Guardian reports. He's 24 years old.
full story

IMO this is going too far

edit on 10/26/2011 by dedpope because: subject was misleading

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
And if he does pass away I think the OWS will go from protest to riots. I'm not saying that would be any better but I could see it blowing up over this.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is big. The brutal truth right now is that if he dies, this will be the start of a new stage for the Occupy movement. Would you be willing to sacrifice your life in the fight against corporate greed?

That said though, I pray the guy recovers.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
wait, isn't this the reason libya was bombed relentlessly, because the libyan government was killing peaceful protesters.

i forgot, america doesn't do that. this video is obviously iranian propaganda.

link   
Lets hope he recovers, we dont want this man to die.

link   
I really hope this man recovers. I can't help but think that this is what they want to do however. If they can find some way to force the protestors (and other citizens), then it would be a "perfect" reason for them to declare martial law. This is really big, and I don't think it's going to get much better. However, I hope and pray that it does. Peace to all of you out there, and be safe!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
him serving in iraq is actually irrelevant to this story... in fact, many innocent men, woman and children were killed in that illegal war.. but i suppose that doesn't matter to some..

i hope he makes a full recovery and i also i hope this doesnt get swept under the rug (as these things usually do)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Agreed I hope he is ok for his sake and us, this is getting out of hand and it isn't slowing down its steaming forward

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What's the big deal? At least 55% of you thought this was a good idea:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/ows_12.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 26-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Starting to regret what you wished for?

:shk:
edit on 26-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
him serving in iraq is actually irrelevant to this story... in fact, many innocent men, woman and children were killed in that illegal war.. but i suppose that doesn't matter to some..

i hope he makes a full recovery and i also i hope this doesnt get swept under the rug (as these things usually do)

Your right it is irrelevant but the fact that he protectedthe very men that shot him is very wrong. I think thats what they are trying to say here

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dedpope

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Your right it is irrelevant but the fact that he protectedthe very men that shot him is very wrong. I think thats what they are trying to say here

exactly how did he protect them by fighting in iraq?

and yeah it is wrong, but it is just as wrong, if he were a road sweeper or a toilet cleaner..
edit on 26/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I don't like the linked article title because it is negatively speculative. Its almost like, well...the unthinkable is being wished.

They are lying in the article about the flashbangs though, unless teargas cannisters or baton rounds explode on the ground. Maybe agent provocateurs I suppose but it doesn't seem likely judgin from this clip.

Note the comments section in the linked article. 2 people saying the Police are within their right and the mob that descends verbally on their heartlessness. They are calling for the wrong thing though and I see it time and time again. Its just like a corporation. Going after the Police Officer that fired that particular round is not the way to go. You need to fire the man that gave the order. Police Officers, I would guess, like most other employees, military or otherwise, just do what they are told to do.

Keep cool people. And send all the positive thoughts, vibes, wishes and flowers to Scott Olsen.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I have to be honest, I haven't actually seen any violence from the protesters yet. I'm not saying there hasn't been any violence, but it's hardly what I would call a violent protest. The violence I have seen has come from the police.

I don't believe in violence so hope the protesters can remain peaceful and hopre the police calm down and stop over reacting to a largely peaceful protest.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Sure it has.

Counting down and then rushing the police line. THEN when the police respond to their aggression it's brutality?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

thanks for pointing that out, by no means do I want this to end in a negative light.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
After 2 tours of War figure the guy knew to duck and cover when something not so nice is headed his way.

Sorry i have no sympathy here.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

This is the 3rd thread of the same story that I've read in the last 30 minutes...and every time I read it I am overcome with total disgust in the fact that police can walk away with little or no punishment for actions such as this. If the police are meant to protect us, the public, Who is protecting us from the police?

As for the police denying the use of flash bang grenades, I'd say the damning evidence is starting to pile up already...

The more the police bring violence to peaceful protests, the closer we come to the People rising up and fighting back; Something tells me that it won't be with words, signs, or peaceful camps set up on city streets anymore either. The harder you push the people, the more likely this Occupy Wall Street 'movement' will rapidly become a full on revolution...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
After 2 tours of War figure the guy knew to duck and cover when something not so nice is headed his way.

No surprises here then, no sympathy for one of your fellow countrymen in a critical condition after getting a gas can fired at his head. Your rabid hatred of the left has lead you to hate a large section of humanity.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

So when you are dying and you're in need of some sympathy.
Don't expect it.
I'm sure you will reply with "I don't need anyone's sympathy."
That's what they all say.
Grow Up.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Alright were you there to see the circumstances that led up to that point in time ?

No you are getting a second hand account of the events in question and formulated an opinion as such.

The police do not fire recklessly or maliciously without reason contrary to the popular belief that is running rampant on this site.

The training of that dude and his experiences tell me he was well equipped to handle just about anything thrown at his way.

So no sympathy if that sounds cold so be it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join