It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i need help with something

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i just finished reading the hwole site www.TheReligiousTruth.com... and i just wanna konw if those passages under Christianity are really from the bible???

like killin the unbelievers and stuff, my mom doesnt kno where our bible is so i cant really see

but can anyone confirm?

bible enforcing slavery or whatnot, and ordering killing of unbelievers etc??

im 100% sure this are lies but i wana check to make sure

can anyone verify this for me?

i would really appriciate it! thank u in advance

peace

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
has truth come back trying to act like he doesn't know any thing like c'mon it ended with
"peace"

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Sporen, it's written all over the Torah.

"If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other Gods, do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first hand putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people." - Deuteronomy 13:6-9

there's one...

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
dud the truth will set you free. Even though some bibles word thing diffrent here is what mine says:

-Mark 10:18
So Jesus said to him, �Why do you call me good? No one is good but One, that is God.
- John 8:28
Then Jesus said to them, �when you lift up the son of man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My father taught Me, I speak these things.

John 5:37
And the father himself, who sent me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, no seen his form.

Matthew 7:21
�not everyone who says to me, Lord� Shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, lord, lord have we not prophesied in your name, cast out demons in your name, and done many wonders in Your name?23 And then I will declare to them, �I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!�

John 6:38
For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of him who sent me
John 7:16
Jesus answered them and said, �My doctrine is not mine, but his who sent me

John 13:16
Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know theses things, blesses are you if you do them

Matthew 13:57
So they were offended at him. But Jesus said to them, �A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house�
- John 14:28
You have heard me say to you, �I am going away and coming back to you� If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, �I am going to the Father, For My Father is Greater than I

You shouldn�t be in despair because of theses passages Sporen. The Christian religion has deviated from it�s true purpose. Jesus wasn�t trying to make a religion. He was trying to teach a Way of life. His message of kindness, love, and forgiveness is important not the fact that he was the Son of God. That was only said so that people would believe that his message was true.

You got to put your self in the shoes of the ancient people. Their lives revolved around religion whether it was true or not. The only way he could sway the people is perform miracles and say he was the son of God. He wasn�t even excepted in his home town.

The Roman catholic church is to blame of the misinterpretation of the bible. I hate to point fingers but the truth is the truth. They made up the idea of prectory to make money off of people�s grief. That was until Marian Luther translated the bible from Latin to German so that the people would see that they were being lied to.

Now you can see with you own eyes that this is what is in the bible. The question is will you ignore it or embrace it. I�m not saying denounce Jesus. His message is what is important. Worship only God and let it Show though the things you do. Sorry this post is so long.. That�s all I have to say.. Peace man

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Sopren; read Leviticus, Deutronomy( The Law and second law) Some of the writing may shock you the way God told the iseralites to worship at the alter the halocousts. The laws given to them for day to day life. But with these he was preparing the people for the coming of Christ. There are double meanings. But very important sin offerings, ceral offering. The way the blood from the animals was splatted on the side of the alter at the base , sprinkled seven times on the horns. What would a lot of christians think if they happaned upon one of these cereramonies today?.Would they understand the type of worship being undertaken oor mistake it for something else.Aaron (Moses brother and priest lost most of his family ;Wife ,two sons due to there sins have a look at that.) Read parts of Numbers that to has some shooking verser too.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
THOU SHALL NOT KILL

People who kill for religon are inspired by the devil, not by GOD.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
that God accepted Abel's sacrifice of a bloody lamb, yet rejected Cain's kinder, gentler sacrifice of fruits and nuts...thus infuriating Cain, and driving him to slay his brother....
Kind and gentle god? Maybe the sanitized version of today....but if you are going by the bible, you'll find little evidence of THAT God, hehe....

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
THOU SHALL NOT KILL

Uhm.... Nans, you really ought to take a look at all the time that God commanded the Israelites to kill people. So does that mean that God is really Satan?

AF1

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
God is omnipotent so he could never be wrong.......

He sure is a hippocrite though. I guess he follows in the footsteps of do as I say, not what I do.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Gaz, the reason why is the blood symbolizes the blood that would one day wash the sin away. The blood of the animal sacrifice merely covered the sin. Christ came as the lamb to the slaughter, not as the nut to be bagged!

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

So the Bible was inspired by the devil?

[Edited on 1-5-2003 by another_one]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Any religion, or most religions for that matter is/are "satanic" according to you.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sporen, everything on that site is from the Bible.

My thoughts on the "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" is that you shalt not kill unless GOD commands you to do so.

For example;

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." - Hosea 13:16

"Then he said to them, 'This is what the LORD , the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.'" - Exodus 32:27

I found that on the website that YOU posted. www.thereligioustruth.com.

Clearly we can see the difference that the murder/killing here is commanded by GOD almighty himself, according to the bible.

THOU SHALT NOT KILL still applies, these are apparently different situations, where it is GOD's direct will or command.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by another_one
Sporen, everything on that site is from the Bible.

My thoughts on the "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" is that you shalt not kill unless GOD commands you to do so.

For example;

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." - Hosea 13:16

"Then he said to them, 'This is what the LORD , the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.'" - Exodus 32:27

I found that on the website that YOU posted. www.thereligioustruth.com.

Clearly we can see the difference that the murder/killing here is commanded by GOD almighty himself, according to the bible.

THOU SHALT NOT KILL still applies, these are apparently different situations, where it is GOD's direct will or command.

So I can kill someone. And if I believe in my heart that GOd wanted me to kill that person then it isn't wrong

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   

So I can kill someone. And if I believe in my heart that GOd wanted me to kill that person then it isn't wrong

thats what it sounds like.

Plenty of people hear voices in their head ones bound to claim its God.

Back then people thought dreams were messages from God. I think I remember a story in the bible of an angel coming to a man in his dream telling him to kill his son.

Am I right?

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy

thats what it sounds like.

Plenty of people hear voices in their head ones bound to claim its God.

Am I right?

Nope, you are wrong. Marijuana, extacy, coc aine/crack, and '___' are not God.

I also think that if God wanted you to do something, you wouldn't have to question that it was from God.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
He was talking about voices in their head!!! It called a mental disorder. According to your definition Thatoneguy is right another_one. Cray people hear voices and it has nothing to do with drugs. I think your just mad because it dosen't fit your definition

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao
He was talking about voices in their head!!! It called a mental disorder. According to your definition Thatoneguy is right another_one. Cray people hear voices and it has nothing to do with drugs. I think your just mad because it dosen't fit your definition

You're trying to tell me what drugs do not cause voices in someones head? Or messages from "God"?

I am mad? No, do some research.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Of course you have to question it, if it is from God.........

Ask yourself..............Am i worthy to see such visions???
Ask yourself .............Am i worthy to speak with God???
Ask yourself..............Is my faith,works and love of all mankind truly that great that i speak with God!!!

God does not expect any one to go and do as '''''The Voices''' tell them............
In fact these voices are our falling away from God...........It is our conscience trying to deal with our true existence.............The Devil is very good at getting his way..................

Only one can '''humble'' himself and say ''''''''''''Iam not worthy to see such things'''

Pride.............isn't it so true........

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Of course you have to question it, if it is from God.........

Ask yourself..............Am i worthy to see such visions???
Ask yourself .............Am i worthy to speak with God???
Ask yourself..............Is my faith,works and love of all mankind truly that great that i speak with God!!!

God does not expect any one to go and do as '''''The Voices''' tell them............
In fact these voices are our falling away from God...........It is our conscience trying to deal with our true existence.............The Devil is very good at getting his way..................

Only one can '''humble'' himself and say ''''''''''''Iam not worthy to see such things'''

Pride.............isn't it so true........

Right, and that is what I said. If a message is truly from God, the person who is meant to receive it will know it is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join