It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about the Bimini Road

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
ok, so the Bimini Road is the road that leads to Atlantis according to many ppl. if so, then y havent we followed it. I may be just making this up, but i think it is underwater right? so cant we just take one of those submersible crafts and keep following it?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's not that long (that it hasn't been followed, it has)...and most evidence points to it being a natural formation...

It's thought to be a road of Atlantis, not to...but I'm of the opinion it's a natural formation...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have seen this "Bimini Road"....on a sailboat passage from Bimini to Florida....the water was so clear and it was fairly shallow...I could see what looked like to be large cobblestones laid out in a road type formation. It did not look like a natural formation to me because the "stones" were in orderly formation.

I'm not sure about the Altantis connection but since the water is so shallow there and many reefs are around, I'm sure it could have been a road or some other type of ancient man made structure.

Maybe more structures in that area will be revealed in the future...like after big hurricanes.

Link

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
i think they call it beach rock, and it occurs naturally in a few locations

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
yea but i have seen pictures on the discovery channel and such, and it doesnt look like a natural formation. the stones are neatly put together just like angel_ray said, just like a man-made (if it was man...
hALIEN HUNTING, ALIEN HUNTING!!
) road. but thanks guys for clearing it up, i always thought it was believed to lead TO atlantis and not just be a road OF it.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Naturally in a "J" formation.

The shape they make together is quite weird. But then there's the devil's post piles that are definitely natural but seem mystically impossible.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Bimini- isn't that old Ponce' De Leon and the fountain of youth?

I think so-

Anway, in nature there are no straight lines.

Before you go 'orbit' on this think about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josh Man
it doesnt look like a natural formation.

Because they are so symmetrical and neatly put together looking right? Yeah, thats a formation that can occur naturally Isn't nature nutty?

lostinspace:

I think that, since this is called beach rock, its meant to curve around a beach, so a J shape doesn't require aliens or atlantis.

publicgadfly:

Symmetrical relationships form often in nature, and, again, the bimini road is probably beach rock, a natural formation that looks like these strange cut stones that occurs in several locations.

And there certainly are straight lines in nature outside of this beach rock phenomenon. Crystals undeniably form straight lines for one.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
CSICOP: A Geologist's Adventures with Bimini Beachrock and Atlantis True Believers:

When our drill cores showed the older beachrock was identical to that forming on the main swimming beach at Bimini, there was much concern. Whereas the modern rock contains discarded bottles, there were no artifacts, no wheel ruts, or any other evidence of an ancient civilization in or around the fifteen-foot-deep site. We thought the quest was over and there would be no more fun weekends in Bimini. Instead it was just the beginning of a long adventure that continues today.

The layering of sand in beachrock is slanted downwards towards the sea. If this 'stratification' is the same in nearby stones, they were probably formed there together and not cut out by atlanteans to form a road:

We survived it all, completed our weekend mission, took the cores home, and later sawed the oriented cores with a diamond rock saw. The rock slabs were x-radiographed to reveal internal stratification. Sure enough, all the cores showed consistent dipping of strata toward the deep water, and distinctive layers of rounded beach pebbles could be traced from one stone to another.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That's in St. Augustine, FL

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
And there certainly are straight lines in nature outside of this beach rock phenomenon. Crystals undeniably form straight lines for one.

Without a microscope I will accept what you posted.

I realize that a cirlce is nothing more than a series of straight lines as well. What I'm getting at is that anything of any size that is straight is not natural. If this 'bimini road' is natural then it only appears straight.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

That's in St. Augustine, FL

Yuk, yuk- just a local claim.

real fountain of youth
� Juan Ponce de Leon set sail looking for the fabled island of Bimini
where supposedly the Fountain of Youth was located. (1513)

one more

So-?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Josh Man
it doesnt look like a natural formation.

Because they are so symmetrical and neatly put together looking right? Yeah, thats a formation that can occur naturally Isn't nature nutty?

lostinspace:

I think that, since this is called beach rock, its meant to curve around a beach, so a J shape doesn't require aliens or atlantis.

publicgadfly:

Symmetrical relationships form often in nature, and, again, the bimini road is probably beach rock, a natural formation that looks like these strange cut stones that occurs in several locations.

yea u do hav a point there, i guess it is probably beach rock, but its fun to believe

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Actually, a current theory is that these are the reminants of a fleet from China, arguably the third people to find America (after the natives and the Vikings).

I saw this on Discovery recently, or maybe the History Channel. One of the two.

I'll post a link to the info if I can find it.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Juan Ponce de Leon set sail looking for the fabled island of Bimini
where supposedly the Fountain of Youth was located.

Good memory...

But, he was LOOKING for Bimini, he LANDED in St. Augustine...
You can't go anywhere there without seeing his name on a street, road, etc. hehe... And of course, the "fountain" is SUPPOSED, hehe....

new topics

top topics

join