It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Led #OccupyChicago (1988)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is an interesting article, which states:

Obama was also likely involved with other aggressive UNO protests, including protests for school reform, through which he likely met former Weather Underground terrorist Bill Ayers. Ayers is involved in the Occupy protests today.

In the 1990s, Obama maintained his ties to radical activists, and “channel[ed] foundation funding to his confrontational Alinskyite colleagues.”

.... but the picture of him is even more interesting.
You can only see half of the sign, but it says something about Iraq.
Now, he's announced he's pulling troops out of Iraq.
Please see the picture in this link:
biggovernment.com...

Isn't this too much of coincidence?
I wish I could see the entire sign!

(CORRECTION! THE PHOTO IN THE LINK IS FROM 2002. I MADE THE MISTAKE OF THINKING IT WAS FROM HIS PROTEST IN 1988. PLEASE READ DOWN THOUGH FOR MORE OVERLAPPING INFO REGARDING THE PROTESTS -- PAST AND PRESENT)
edit on 25-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hard to understand what the dude believes in. If anything besides 'self.'

That IS a very interesting pic.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Perfect example of dejavu or the twilight zone!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Obama knows the people want him out. Pulling the troops out is just one more way to sway public opinion before reelection. Has the president even addressed the OWS issue? Assuming of course he actually had the power to do anything about it...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
S&F

Here is the photo.

WOW,
his hands and fingers sure look Alien

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

A huge thanks for posting the pic, Violator1!

It's just too odd that the protests and Iraq are overlapping 23 years later.
Is there a method behind the madness?!? I mean, what are the odds?

I'm trying to find a pic of the entire sign, but not having much luck.

Edit to Add:
How can a man who was anti-war now be picking off other countries leaders?
What a hypocrite!
Do you think he was working towards the Nobel Peace Prize in 1988?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well, this is fascinating!
www.iranchamber.com...

1982-1988. Defense Intelligence Agency provides detailed information for Iraq on Iranian deployments, tactical planning for battles, plans for air strikes and bomb damage assessments. [4]

November, 1983. A National Security Directive states that the U.S would do "whatever was necessary and legal" to prevent Iraq from losing its war with Iran.

May, 1986. The US Department of Commerce licenses 70 biological exports to Iraq between May of 1985 and 1989, including at least 21 batches of lethal strains of anthrax. [3]

May, 1986. US Department of Commerce approves shipment of weapons grade botulin poison to Iraq. [7]

This article is packed full of interesting info.
I'm wondering if Obama's intel told him that this pic of him standing up against the activities in Iraq was going to surface, so now he's covering his arse.

From same source:

April, 1988. US Department of Commerce approves shipment of chemicals used in manufacture of mustard gas. [7]

August, 1988. Four major battles were fought from April to August 1988, in which the Iraqis massively and effectively used chemical weapons to defeat the Iranians. Nerve gas and blister agents such as mustard gas are used. By this time the US Defense Intelligence Agency is heavily involved with Saddam Hussein in battle plan assistance, intelligence gathering and post battle debriefing. In the last major battle with of the war, 65,000 Iranians are killed, many with poison gas. Use of chemical weapons in war is in violation of the Geneva accords of 1925. [6] & [13]

August, 1988. Iraq and Iran declare a cease fire.

I have a feeling things are about to get ugly....

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well he couldnt just yank the troops out right away. He still took them out in only 3 years. We were there longer under bush. Remember, he didnt start the war. I believe our mission is done in iraq, time to lure in the iranians and attack them on iraqi soil. Weather we leave iraq or not is irelevant, because we will find another country to take the place

Also the pic on the link says its from 2002!!!! ! year before invasion of iraq
edit on 25-10-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Here's an article that talks a lot about Obama's time in Chicago around 1988.
It's a long article with many notable instances, but basicly says that Obama was all talk and no action. After all he spoke about, he left Chicago in 1988 without helping change anything at all.
www.manhattan-institute.org...

In 1987, during Obama’s third year in Chicago, 57 children were killed in the city, reports Alex Kotlowitz in his book on Chicago’s deadly housing projects, There Are No Children Here. In 1988, Obama left Chicago, after four years spent helping “people in Altgeld . . . reclaim a power they had had all along,” as the future president put it in Dreams from My Father. And the carnage continued.

I'm beginning to see why the picture in the article from his protest in 1988 could pass for a picture taken today.

So, what can we learn from this so the protests of today actually bring about real change?
We must be cautious about listening to talking heads. Everyone wants to give advice and make things sound positive, but we must make them prove that what they say is true and not double speak. We need to research protests that were going on in the 60s and 80s to see what worked and what didn't.
During Obama's trip to Hawaii, he was reading a book about President Reagan and I'm seeing overlaps now in their speeches about education. Many people are discussing how Obama's recent speech to students was eerily similar to Reagan's speech to students in 1988.
Here's one example of this:
conflictingreports.wordpress.com...

We need to be careful that we're learning from the past, so we aren't doomed to repeat it.
The people who are in power are masters of deceit and will weave their words and actions in such a manner that we're manipulated into being dumb and blind. By the time we realize we've been hoodwinked, it's too late.
We need to keep our eyes open and remember to not just see what's in front of us, but look in the background for signs as well.

We can bring about positive change as long as we play it smart and remain vigilant.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Here's an article that talks a lot about Obama's time in Chicago around 1988.
It's a long article with many notable instances, but basicly says that Obama was all talk and no action. After all he spoke about, he left Chicago in 1988 without helping change anything at all.
www.manhattan-institute.org...

In 1987, during Obama’s third year in Chicago, 57 children were killed in the city, reports Alex Kotlowitz in his book on Chicago’s deadly housing projects, There Are No Children Here. In 1988, Obama left Chicago, after four years spent helping “people in Altgeld . . . reclaim a power they had had all along,” as the future president put it in Dreams from My Father. And the carnage continued.

I'm beginning to see why the picture in the article from his protest in 1988 could pass for a picture taken today.

I said the link says the pic is from 2002!!!!!! 1 year before iraq invasion
edit on 25-10-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Sorry. I see that you added it now and I appreciate you bringing my attention to that.
I feel stupid now!
Well, the quality of the picture/graininess made me think it was a 1988 photo.
Well, I'll have to practice what I preach and remember to look at the details.

Anyways, there's still many overlaps between today and and his actions from years ago.
He didn't make change happen in Chicago in 1988 and I don't see him doing it now.

Thanks again for bringing my error to my attention. I still believe that this is an important topic and I don't want to come off as offering misleading information. I've corrected the thread's title and added a phrase to the Op in the hopes of making this right to keep the thread and research into this alive and fact based,

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Anyways, here's some info on Obama's buddy Bill Ayers:
www.discoverthenetworks.org...

Ayers summed up the organization's ideology as follows: “Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, Kill your parents.”

www.chicagomag.com...

There you have the complexity of Ayers: a man who once tried to overthrow his country's government and now works for a state university; an opponent of the bourgeoisie who has been married for 20 years; a left-wing radical who loves a good cup of imperialist coffee. Maybe he's always known how to choose his battles. Once one of his sons wanted to hear about how Ayers had been a draft card burner. "Tell me again how you burned your credit card, Pop," his son confusedly asked.

"I'm not that radical," Ayers retorted.

And this article where he's quoted as saying that he believes he didn't do enough after being asked about setting off bombs.
voices.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

No worries
I admit the suit is a bit dated for 2002 even but thats probably when he still went by barry sorento

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Thanks, and you're right about his suit!

I just don't want to ever be one of those members *cough* who ignores the fact that their thread is misleading and allows the deception to continue even when someone points out the error(s).

Seriously though, Obama's buddy Ayers sounds as though he's all for using terroristic methods to bring about change. I'm beginning to wonder if the Occupy protests have been orchestrated by government insiders after all now that I know Ayers has been active in the protests. I wonder how he'd feel if his son started chanting "kill your parents" and started bombing particular locations. I'm also wondering if Rahm is also friends with Ayers. You know, good ol' Chicago politics!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I hate to use this, but ..... OMG!!!

After googling "Rahm meets with Ayers", I stumbled on this website:
liberalnutcompany.com...
At the Liberal Nut Company, you can purchase this:

"Chicago Gang of Four" 4 Pack - Only $9.99 plus $4.95 shipping. Includes Barack Obama, Rahm Emanuel, William Ayers and Rod Blagojevich.

The simple fact that all three people are included in the product package is just too much!

top topics

join