It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Smuggling Charges for 8 New York Officers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The only option to stop the corruption...

edit on 26-10-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Agreed. However, the police, especially in NYC, have taken more power than they have a right to, exercised it poorly, and usurp the roles of juries and courts to decide guilt and THEN pass sentence, and the role of the Department of Corrections to enforce it.

Not only do police everywhere seem to be suckered into this activity, but are encouraged to follow other standards than the law in other aspects of police work.

Corruption breeds corruption, and it spreads until we can see it on the outside, expressed in the violent and un-Constitutional behavior too many have been subjected to.

How can I continue to defend them when they do not defend me? By behaving with integrity and expecting all of their own to do the same?

The authorities are trusted with more power than the average citizen and certainly have more responsibility to use it ethically.

But many don't even behave as well as an ordinary citizen. I cannot defend that.

edit on 26-10-2011 by Copperflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Originally posted by MysticPearl
And these idiots think the protesters are the problem?

Given how we've seen the NYPD treat peaceful protesters, I'd like to see them take it up a few notches, and beat the living daylight out of these 8 officers.

This is one of my biggest problems with the pigs in blue. There is such an uproar when protesters are in a park past curfew, yet when something major happens inside the department, all you hear is silence for the most part.

With comments like yours I'd guess you need to move, change friends, change your lifestyle, and figure out why you keep getting into trouble. I've never met a person that hates police who hasn't had some run-ins with the law. Didn't your parents teach you to respect authority? 

Here I am...you just met one

Oh, and don't forget the 400 NYPD officers that were part of a ticket fixing scheme earlier this year. They were abusing people that hadn't done anything wrong.

My parents taught me that God was the authority and he made all men equal, how can another man have authority over me?
edit on 25-10-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

As I suspected, you're a rebel. We (well most of us) give power to the lord. That doesn't mean there is no other authority in our lives.

You're going to have a hard time in this life with that mindset, bud. Good luck to you. All I can say is you'd better wise up and drop the world-revolves-around-me crap or you'll end up in jail for longer than you'd care. The police put on a uniform and protect our country much like the military. Despite the fact that you don't understand why, there are good reasons and the majority believe in our country and our values. Wake up!

If following the Declaration of Independence makes me a rebel, then I'm not sure what you would be, but it doesn't sound very American. Why would my attitude get me into prison, is this Communist China? Maybe you need to wake up.

So beating the # out of police officers is in the constitution? Really? Which article is that?

edit on 26-10-2011 by seabag because: (no reason given)

It's not in the constitution, but it certainly would be in harmony with the tone of the Declaration of Independence: "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
Those of us who hate the establishment based on knowledge and understanding, see these "little" incidences as indicative of the mind-frame that is instilled in officers through their training and association with one another. There is a pack mentality amongst officers. One which tells them that they are better than "civilians". This leads them to trample the laws that they swore to uphold, and to spit on the constitution that they swore to defend. There are very few Oath Keepers out there my friend. Also, any true oath keeper wouldn't stay an officer for very long, as the law states that if they see illegal activity in their departments, they have to report it.
Furthermore, those of us who hate those who enforce our (many times unconstitutional) laws, have one really big beef with one BIG problem: The War on Drugs. The NYPD has shown brilliantly what this war is actually against: The American people in general. They proved this by revealing that they have arrest quotas, and when they aren't met, they are pressured to plant drugs on innocent people. This goes to show that there aren't "just a few bad apples" but an entire corrupt system that sponsors the creation of thugs, designed solely to "reduce [us] under absolute despotism". I wonder if you would still strongly support the police and all that they stand for if you had a family member that was arrested and imprisoned for a small amount of marijuana and subsequently raped in prison. Knowing that this happens regularly, how can you still give your support to men who would do this to people who aren't hurting anybody (except, arguably, themselves), and apparently, are doing this to COMPLETELY innocent people.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

And these idiots think the protesters are the problem?

Given how we've seen the NYPD treat peaceful protesters, I'd like to see them take it up a few notches, and beat the living daylight out of these 8 officers.

This is one of my biggest problems with the pigs in blue. There is such an uproar when protesters are in a park past curfew, yet when something major happens inside the department, all you hear is silence for the most part.

With comments like yours I'd guess you need to move, change friends, change your lifestyle, and figure out why you keep getting into trouble. I've never met a person that hates police who hasn't had some run-ins with the law. Didn't your parents teach you to respect authority? 

Let me know when you get out from under your rock. You look might stupid posting this, while Oakland police use tear gas, rubber bullets, and flash guns to a surprise attack on OWS protesters.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sure, go one blindly respecting authority. Worked out real well for Germans in the 40's.

So you're comparing police in America to the Gustapo?? Wow, you have no idea what's going on. The police do use tear gas and rubber bullets to break up mobs of rioting law breakers. That's what we pay them to do...protect lives and property and enforce the law. The Gustapo would have used real bullets then followed them home and killed them. I've never been shot by rubber bullets. Have you? I've also never been out for several days causing disruptions and destroying property. Its sad to say but these people brought it on themselves. It will happen again because they don't see anything wrong with being an unruly mob and destroying property that someone else worked hard to pay for. 

You think the Oakland protesters brought it on themselves?

They were not an unruly mob, destroying property. Not in any way. The cops caused more property damage last night then the protesters did in the 2 weeks prior.

The protesters were peaceful, as reported by hundreds at the scene. It was the cops which were violent.

They were peacefully assembling, when they were attacked without warning, by rubber bullets, tear gas, and flash grenades. Women and children were injured/hurt. A wheelchair bound women needed help escaping three seperate rounds of tear gas. A war vet is in critical condition after being shot in the head.

Yet they deserve this??? You, are simply a horrible human being. Not only that, but an idiot of a human being as well. Your response says the cops are right, because they are breaking up "mobs of rioting law breakers". That right there shows you know next to nothing about what is going on.

Welcome to my ignore list.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You think the Oakland protesters brought it on themselves?

They were not an unruly mob, destroying property. Not in any way. The cops caused more property damage last night then the protesters did in the 2 weeks prior.

The protesters were peaceful, as reported by hundreds at the scene. It was the cops which were violent.

They were peacefully assembling, when they were attacked without warning, by rubber bullets, tear gas, and flash grenades. Women and children were injured/hurt. A wheelchair bound women needed help escaping three seperate rounds of tear gas. A war vet is in critical condition after being shot in the head.

Yet they deserve this??? You, are simply a horrible human being. Not only that, but an idiot of a human being as well. Your response says the cops are right, because they are breaking up "mobs of rioting law breakers". That right there shows you know next to nothing about what is going on.

Welcome to my ignore list.

You would like people to think it was a case of police brutality but the truth is the protesters escalated the situation; they are far from innocent. You suffer from selective outrage because the truth doesn’t fit the story you want everyone to hear. Check out this video of the “innocent” protesters hurling stuff at the police before the police used any force. (www.youtube.com...)

When a big mob of people take to the streets and show a flagrant disregard for the rule of law and the safety of others then the police must break the mob up and send everyone home or it can turn very violent. Everyone is going to see some real violence soon and there will be dead people on the streets. It’s inevitable because the OWS crowd will incite it…..it’s what they do whether you chose to see it or not.

Edit: By the way, do you think the cars some of those people were jumping on belonged to the protesters? No, they were destroying property that belonged to someone else. I rest my case.
edit on 29-10-2011 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join