It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Smuggling Charges for 8 New York Officers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Gun Smuggling Charges for 8 New York Officers

www.nytimes.com

Four months later, on Sept. 22, the undercover agent paid Officer Oklu, three other current officers, two of their retired colleagues and two of the other men $2,000 to $5,000 to transport 22 weapons, including three M-16 assault rifles and 16 handguns from New Jersey to New York, according to the complaint. The weapons, which were provided by the undercover agent, were inoperable, but the defendants knew that the serial numbers on many of the guns were defaced, according to the complaint, which prevents them from being traced to their source if used in a crime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I am pretty disgusted by this. If the charges stick, what the hell were these idiots thinking? Those guns could have been used against fellow officers, even themselves. At a time when everyone seems to hate on cops, this is not the kind of news they need. I still have a very deep respect for police officers, and it really irritates me to see jackasses cheapen the badge, betraying public trust as Mayor Bloomberg put it. Here's hoping that the charges are false, and there was somehow just a big misunderstanding.

www.nytimes.com

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Here's hoping that the charges are false, and there was somehow just a big misunderstanding.

Here's to hoping the charges are true and those oath-breakers get put in prison with the kids that they imprisoned for victimless crimes who got raped by their cell-mates and hence became rapists themselves with a giant pent up rage against those who enforce such pointless laws but then break laws that could very well lead to crimes with many victims.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
And these idiots think the protesters are the problem?

Given how we've seen the NYPD treat peaceful protesters, I'd like to see them take it up a few notches, and beat the living daylight out of these 8 officers.

This is one of my biggest problems with the pigs in blue. There is such an uproar when protesters are in a park past curfew, yet when something major happens inside the department, all you hear is silence for the most part.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I am pretty disgusted by this. If the charges stick, what the hell were these idiots thinking? Those guns could have been used against fellow officers, even themselves. At a time when everyone seems to hate on cops, this is not the kind of news they need. I still have a very deep respect for police officers, and it really irritates me to see jackasses cheapen the badge, betraying public trust as Mayor Bloomberg put it. Here's hoping that the charges are false, and there was somehow just a big misunderstanding.

www.nytimes.com

Good OP but I wouldn't read too much into it. There are bad apples in every profession. I think the most important thing we can do in this day and age when everyone is divided by so many issues is to judge people by their individual merit. If this is true, these officers should do federal time. We agree the Police deserve our respect. I just don't want people who don't agree with us to use this as another reason to hate cops. 

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The weapons, which were provided by the undercover agent, were inoperable...

Inoperable... were they replicas or missing parts?
Sounds like they would not be used in many crimes to me... except as maybe "throwdowns".

edit on 25-10-2011 by intrptr because: woops...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Well the agent probably gave them guns without firing pins or something. Doesn't mean the cops thought they were inoperable.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

You know that there are cops that are members here right? The pig stuff gets really old. Let's flip this. If I said all the protesters were jobless druggies I'm sure I would be derided for lumping them all together. Actually I know I would because I did and then I was. 8 cops out of the tens of thousands that wok in NYC.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Given how we've seen the NYPD treat peaceful protesters, I'd like to see them take it up a few notches, and beat the living daylight out of these 8 officers.

This is one of my biggest problems with the pigs in blue. There is such an uproar when protesters are in a park past curfew, yet when something major happens inside the department, all you hear is silence for the most part.

With comments like yours I'd guess you need to move, change friends, change your lifestyle, and figure out why you keep getting into trouble. I've never met a person that hates police who hasn't had some run-ins with the law. Didn't your parents teach you to respect authority? 

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

With comments like yours I'd guess you need to move, change friends, change your lifestyle, and figure out why you keep getting into trouble. I've never met a person that hates police who hasn't had some run-ins with the law. Didn't your parents teach you to respect authority? 

Here I am...you just met one

Oh, and don't forget the 400 NYPD officers that were part of a ticket fixing scheme earlier this year. They were abusing people that hadn't done anything wrong.

My parents taught me that God was the authority and he made all men equal, how can another man have authority over me?
edit on 25-10-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

My parents taught me that God was the authority and he made all men equal, how can another man have authority over me?

Well you better take that up with all the people that vote in this country. There are quite a few people that have authority over you in the right circumstances.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by The_Phantom

Well you better take that up with all the people that vote in this country. There are quite a few people that have authority over you in the right circumstances.

I don't have to vote for that to be the case, it's already in the Declaration of Independence...

...I can't do anything about the traitors to this countries founding principles.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Oh, and don't forget the 400 NYPD officers that were part of a ticket fixing scheme earlier this year. They were abusing people that hadn't done anything wrong.

As I suspected, you're a rebel. We (well most of us) give power to the lord. That doesn't mean there is no other authority in our lives.

You're going to have a hard time in this life with that mindset, bud. Good luck to you. All I can say is you'd better wise up and drop the world-revolves-around-me crap or you'll end up in jail for longer than you'd care. The police put on a uniform and protect our country much like the military. Despite the fact that you don't understand why, there are good reasons and the majority believe in our country and our values. Wake up!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

As I suspected, you're a rebel. We (well most of us) give power to the lord. That doesn't mean there is no other authority in our lives.

You're going to have a hard time in this life with that mindset, bud. Good luck to you. All I can say is you'd better wise up and drop the world-revolves-around-me crap or you'll end up in jail for longer than you'd care. The police put on a uniform and protect our country much like the military. Despite the fact that you don't understand why, there are good reasons and the majority believe in our country and our values. Wake up!

If following the Declaration of Independence makes me a rebel, then I'm not sure what you would be, but it doesn't sound very American. Why would my attitude get me into prison, is this Communist China? Maybe you need to wake up.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

The weapons, which were provided by the undercover agent, were inoperable...

Inoperable... were they replicas or missing parts?
Sounds like they would not be used in many crimes to me... except as maybe "throwdowns".

edit on 25-10-2011 by intrptr because: woops...

The serial number was removed from the weapon, the weapon can be fixed easily from parts aquired online. The most important thing needed to commit a crime is a supplier of the parts that can't be bought online without a serial number, like the upper reciever which is where all the action's at.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
And yet the Obama administration still gets away with sending guns (that killed many people) to Mexican drug cartels. If only these officers worked "under the radar" against the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well, I want to know when the feds who ran the "fast and furious" program will be indicted... they also sold hand gernades to the cartel....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Let me know when you get out from under your rock. You look might stupid posting this, while Oakland police use tear gas, rubber bullets, and flash guns to a surprise attack on OWS protesters.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sure, go one blindly respecting authority. Worked out real well for Germans in the 40's.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Let me know when you get out from under your rock. You look might stupid posting this, while Oakland police use tear gas, rubber bullets, and flash guns to a surprise attack on OWS protesters.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sure, go one blindly respecting authority. Worked out real well for Germans in the 40's.

So you're comparing police in America to the Gustapo?? Wow, you have no idea what's going on. The police do use tear gas and rubber bullets to break up mobs of rioting law breakers. That's what we pay them to do...protect lives and property and enforce the law. The Gustapo would have used real bullets then followed them home and killed them. I've never been shot by rubber bullets. Have you? I've also never been out for several days causing disruptions and destroying property. Its sad to say but these people brought it on themselves. It will happen again because they don't see anything wrong with being an unruly mob and destroying property that someone else worked hard to pay for. 

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

If following the Declaration of Independence makes me a rebel, then I'm not sure what you would be, but it doesn't sound very American. Why would my attitude get me into prison, is this Communist China? Maybe you need to wake up.

So beating the # out of police officers is in the constitution? Really? Which article is that?

edit on 26-10-2011 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join