It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess no one caught these SUBLIMINAL messages!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I searched for but could't find these subliminal messages so I figured I would make my own thread. anyone with additional ones that have not been found please feel free to add.

1-Stride well pretty straight forward
Stide Gum

2-Wow, this is my favorite, or least favorite depending on how you look at it
Goofy skateboard

3-Well this one is audio, hard to sort out
Invader Zim

4-Toy phone.. little different but still..
Toy Phone

Will Add more...
edit on 23-10-2011 by KingAtlas because: add numbers

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

not really subliminal but close..

Wow, I mean there are alot of toys that if the buttons are pressed in an rder they sound like swears
Some of the best (or worst)

1-Phone 1 pretty clear

2-toy dog supposed to say bark... lulz

3-funny one, what did it say...

Okay thats enough toys...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
After watching the Goofy skateboard one, I have decided that you owe me 7 minutes of my life back.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Okay moving on to cartoons and no I am not gonna add all the OLD ones...all 2011 stuff here

1- M.A.D. Pyramid

2- ad on cartoon network... weird anyways if nothing else

3- Kid vs kat
edit on 23-10-2011 by KingAtlas because: url

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Scientic data corelating to the subject at hand

Scientists at the University College London (UCL) have found the first physiological evidence that invisible subliminal images do attract the brain’s attention on a subconscious level. The findings challenge previous scientific assumptions that consciousness and attention go hand-in-hand.

Source

The study flashed negative (e.g., “agony,” “murder”), positive (“cheerful,” “flower”), and neutral words (“box,” “ear”) at subjects for a fraction of a second, too quickly for them to actually recall the word. When the subjects were asked to guess what emotion the word they “saw” represented, they were far more accurate at guessing the negative words.

source

More of a site that features alot of the marketing side...

Subliminal messaging is the act of exposing stimuli below the threshold of awareness. By doing this you can influence thoughts, feelings and actions. Subliminal perception occurs when information is stored in the mind without the receiver being consciously aware of it. The information reaches your mind because you are not consciously aware of it but your subconscious mind is.

source

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I cant really see it in the first ones you put up. The eye on the skateboard maybe but the gum and the toy is rather a stretch. I reckon you could get a number of electronic toys and quickly press some buttons to make them sound different.

There are some good examples out there, especially with the Disney and sex theme. I suppose the eye leading to the triangle could be something but kids recognise facial and basic shapes. There is a rather old thread with some good examples but it would be nice to see some new ones.

link   
If it weren't 5am. and if I had some sleep, I might be abe to learn to embed a video...so instead:
www.youtube.com...
Subliminal message during the show Red Eye on Fox News. They do these quite often lately and I believe it is a joke of sorts, but it is an example nonetheless. I like the show for laughs to unwind late night after work, but if you cannot stand listening to these guys skip ahead to between the 5:31 and 5:32 mark. Id watch from a little earlier for context. Also, I suggest watching the entire clip, once again for laughs. Especially the bit about the food pyramid.

link   
some people really have no idea how subliminal messaging works..

those blatent ones are nothing to worry about, most times they are just in-jokes within the makers of such adverts..

its these ones you need to watch for...

ill probably get hammered for this (especially from the already brainwashed) but believe me this is a perfect example of brainwashing using subliminal and psychological techniques..

edit on 23/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Yeah buddy. I was under the impression that this thread was meant to be "Jokey" subliminal messages, in part to the Sharpie thread. The Red Eye ones, according to wikipedia, are a running gag on the show. But you should have seen the look on my face when I watched this air on the tele that night.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Yessir, that is pretty messed up right there. Not really worried about these types either though, being that they immediately trigger nausea and my mouth to water. I watched the first half, started gagging on my own vomit, and then skipped to the end to see who was selling what. I doubt you'll be lambasted for yr vid tho, man. Thanks for the contribution.
edit on 10/23/2011 by GoodDocGonzo because: for comedy

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I liked the Ponzi-Poly one with the all seeing eye

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Thanks M, that goofy one really threw me for a loop cause I watch that show sometimes with my nieces...

I can't understand how people can't see that it is an all seeing eye....

Why would he have that under his skateboard... in the context of the show, a childs cartoon meant for young kids, why have an eye like that there...
I would understand if it was for teens or pre-teens, but this is for real young kids.

-The reason I did not include all the disney ones from their old movies is because there are a thousand threads on the matter already.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Since I don't have time to go through this ad frame by frame could you give me an example of where the subliminal message is. Even just one or two if there are a number of them throughout the piece.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Theorytripper

i cant analyze it for you completely but i can tell you what to look for.. The word imagine is a powerful word which can embed into the sub conscious.. how many times does it say it? what does it want you to "imagine"?

words that appear in red makes that particular word stand out.. again.. in the sub conscious mind.. what words are in red?

powerful words that appear quickly on the screen and a fast flow of information, with flying words, sentences changing and flashing images/pictures.. again.. subconscious mind..

changes in the audio at certain key points and on certain words...

dramatic music at key points.. (very powerful)

and one of the key ingredients... fear..

watch it again, looking out for those few things i mentioned...

These messages are not hidden words embedded into the video, they are blatant and in your face.. as with most subliminal messages.. people just misinterpret what a subliminal message is.. thinking words like sex are hidden pepsi adverts.

i can give you several examples of this, mostly in political videos.. and just so you know, i have a fair amount of knowledge and experience in this area..

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I do get what your saying in regards to the over all mood invoked by the ad, the anxiety it causes in the viewer. I also did notice the the audio variations. I guess I generally see subliminal messaging as the use of words and imagery that really can or should only be noticed subconsciously, like the "sex" in a pepsi ad. These elements are fairly overt and obvious, except the audio variations in the VO. It almost sounds like an error in production, like it was recorded at different times and badly spliced together. Your are probably right in assuming this is done on purpose to bring more focus on those lines, or even help make the experience more confusing in general so in the end your not really sure what to think.

That audio element I would agree could be subliminal but the rest just stems from old style advertising techniques that go back to snake oil sales on a soap box. Speak fast and put out so much information that the viewer/listener will agree to almost anything and open their wallet. That I wouldn't call subliminal, but simply hard sell.

top topics

join