It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aww: Sony will postpone opening of The Obama Is Totally Awesome blockbuster movie

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Thank the contributors not me dude.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The biggest problem with the "lets all be friends and get along" crowd is that they assume the right left paradigm is make believe, or some kind of conspiracy to pit Americans vs Americans. Fact is, there is a difference, and we want different things. If we could all agree on certain policies then we wouldn't be a Democracy. I will never agree with most Progressive policies, because they are fundamentally wrong to me. I assume most Liberals will feel the same way about Conservative values and policies.

I'm certain there are individuals in Government that manipulate the system to get specific votes and don't stand for anything in particular. Actually I'm pretty positive that most of Government is like that .. hence Congress's 13% approval rating. Government is broken, Democracy is corrupt by it's very design, and politicians are corporate whores.

But the people and their ideas and beliefs are theirs alone. They might be influenced and altered, someone might be able to sway another with passionate debate, but ultimately we decide for ourselves what we want and what we believe.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Obama, Osama, whats the difference?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

One is supposedly dead and the other is supposedly potus.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

One is supposedly dead and the other is supposedly potus.

Also, there is that whole terrorism thing. Also skin color. And citizenship. And ideology. And languages. And religion. And...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

starring nicky cage? love some good nicky cage.
like how he gets all intense right at the end of a sentence!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
Obama, Osama, whats the difference?

bs. lol

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by beezzer

That isn't true Beezer.

Taking up military arms against the US and it's interests is something that can get you a bomb dropped on you. Being a US citizen does not bar one from military action against them if they take up arms against the nation. There are also a number of factors that play into the killing of al-Awlaki that makes his killing perfectly legal.
edit on 22-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

legal but not moral or right

as a combatant you may one day see something you weren't meant to
you could be labeled a terrorist
and not get to give your side of the story

or defend your innocence

and your murderers can kill you with impunity and rub it in your family's face that they don't need to justify, explain, or prove their lies

in attempting to silence you they can drop a bomb on your house and kill your family.

and we are all supposed to be good little subjects, take their word for it, and suck it up

by making exceptions you erode other's rights

and we only have their say-so about who is good and evil

i am not in the habit of believing anything that comes out of a politicians mouth

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i will assume you held as much hatred for george w bush .

he used the military and the war on terror anytime it was politically useful for him.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

The way i see it as the current potus should be held to the same standard as people set the the last potus otherwise they are hypocrites.

So to answer yeah.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by projectvxn

For better or worse, he was an american citizen. And as much as I hate to admit, he had rights. Now whether he nullified those rights or not by his actions are not up to me.

You have no idea how hard it is to debate someone I agree with.

lol i know what you mean one minute we're disagreeing and then agreeing with the people we're reply too tsuki and i are having a nice chat u2u wise as well

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

no, just that the effects of the red pill seem to wearing off, or somebody is spiking your tea with blue pill, is all.

1-Why cant people begin arguments without insulting the opposition?

speaking for myself, as a lifelong anarchist, i agree with your basic premise: this movie is just part of a major propaganda blitz pre elections

2- How can you say that when the movie does not exist yet?

as a life long student of history i can say confidently that all these leaders [with increasingly rarer exceptions] are psychopaths ergo non-human trash IMO

3- How do you know that? Diagnosis please.

i'll spare you the true origins of the feasts of thanksgiving that celebrated the extermination of yet another tribe.

4-That is true. However, is that the ideals America was founded on?

i have been more aware than my fellow humans since my "valerie moment" at age 7, and nearly choked on the red pill at 12 but i managed to get it down.

5-I am tired of this metaphor. Its annoying.

so if Ron Paul is the real thing then all of the above tells me that at best he will become another lyndon larouche and at worst will be set up for a fall from grace or will find himself thrown under his own tour bus, Omen style, Baroness Prick will see to that.

Ron Paul is at least consistent. However, the others of his party hate him. So he will likely be unable to do much if he gets elected(way less than he has promised at least). This doe not mean he was a liar. It just means he could not accomplish it.

6-Would he still fall from grace if he fails?

1- i'm not insulting neo nor would i be going through the effort if i thought he was a hopless case or "a bloodthirsty warmonger"

2- john wayne had a hand in inspiring a generation to sign up and go to vietnam the rest is history

3- empirical evidence: my "dear" and thankfully long dead daddy was one. T &C might be violated if i go into details

4-no the reality

5-it's a metaphor perhaps you're too much into the material paradigm
i am a practicing occultist with over 20 years of experience i'm composing a thread "frequency/vibrations for the "dense" see you there
have a picture
damn how do i make it bigger
6- when i said fall from grace i mean he could be set up wouldn't be the 1st time an innocent woke up in a hotel room with 10 drugged out rent-boys and embarrassing stains on his clothes

cant remember who was the actor but there was a movie once about a highly respected detective just about to bring one of the big bastards down who was kidnapped shot up with heroin add a few prossies and it was filmed and put on TV pretty much almost destroyed his life but he managed to prove his innocence and bring down the bad guys as well

of course that's only in the movies in real life defending himself from violent assault would have been spun as him gone crazy, eventually ending in a hail of gunfire at the hands of his fellow officers

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I would expect a comment like that from a fan of anime.

-TF

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

woah woah woah

i have said no such thing

i am saying that we the people have the duty of abolishing , toppling the government when it becomes a tyranny do please go read it

that said history shows that no entrenched power was ever removed with out violence

don't tell me about ghandi he had to give his life

that said the custodians of the black iron prison have made it illegal to interfere with them, which is why i don't promote violent revolution; a head on attack is suicidal

i have simply removed my sanction, if that should eventually lead to me being put on a kill list i guarantee you that it won't be me doing the dying
see my previous reply if you want a clue but don't expect me to get excited and say something "illegal"

the line under my username is there for very real and good reasons

to the best of MY knowledge alawaki's only crime was a having a big mouth with a matching ego and a small brain
edit on 22-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and important comment

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Who cares? Osama bin laden was hardly even human, so I dont consider it murder. I hope you stop feeling sorry for terrorist.

there are people like you still? Interesting

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wait, who for decades have thought of the US military or any democratic military as bloodthirsty, evil murderers and rapists other than terrorists, conspiracy theorists and namby pamby "human rights activists"?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

www.imdb.com...

Let me ask you this...

Have you even watched that movie?...

I am sure you haven't...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Yes i watched it. It was actually pretty good. I would recommend it to those who are interested in our former presidents life.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtForms

a comment like what?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Yes i watched it. It was actually pretty good. I would recommend it to those who are interested in our former presidents life.

and you actually think that movie is the same as the one that the leftwingers in Hollywood want to release about how they claim that even no matter for how many years Osama Bin Laden was being hunted, that it was ONLY because of Obama that team 6 killed Osama Bin Laden?...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join